Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska Nanooks 2017-2018 Season

Originally posted by UAA Seawolves Fan View Post
    I'm trying to help a friend track down a couple of jerseys. Does anyone have or know of a UAF Colton Parayko jersey that they might be interested in parting with?
    I do, and its a game worn. But there's not a dollar figure that will sway me to part with it. The booster club has fielded requests by several foundations and groups, and several fans have literally hounded the department for them.
    Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Have really enjoyed watching the pace at which the boys play this year. We have a good combination of speed, grittiness, and goaltending to hopefully be in every game we play. Seems like our d-men are solid in our zone and are much better at starting the transition and jumping in on offense. The freshmen forwards are fast and have really fit in well with an already decent skating squad. Special teams play is the area that probably needs the most work.

Next up is BGSU on the road. Watched part of their Saturday game against MSU. They seem physical and fairly aggressive. Should be a good match up. This is our first conference series so the stakes are high and will be a better measuring stick of where we are at. The boys will need to really help Martinsson out in front of the net. And they need to make quicker passes on the PP. BGSU comes right at you and will force a bad turnover if you wait too long.

Go Nooks!

Comment

Colton Leiter named WCHA Offensive Player of the Week and Steven Jandric named WCHA Rookie of the Week.

Honorable mentions for Anton Martinsson (Goaltender of the Week) and Justin Woods (Defensive Player of the Week).

Great accolades to start off with going in to conference play!
        Last edited by UAFIceAngel; 10-23-2017, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Tough 1-2 loss to BGSU last night. The boys played fairly well and we had lots of quality chances to tie it up or win it. Really liked the way we picked it up in the third. I thought BGSU was more physical but we were a bit faster. Problem was we didn’t really use our speed to our advantage. Martinsson played well and made some quality saves. I didn’t think we did a good enough job on transition. Lots of soft passes or chips along the boards in our d-zone that were left up for grabs resulting in lots of unnecessary turnovers or deflected passes. Get’m tonight boys.

Go Nooks!

Comment

UAF at BGSU, Saturday's game
            Tied 1-1 after one.
            SOGs 12-8 Nooks.
            Nooks coming out strong and taking the play to the falcons much of the first period (imho).
            Nooks are a fair bit faster than the Falcons, but BSGU is pretty good at the clutch and grab.
            We get in trouble when we allow BGSU to set up and let a man get camped in front of our net.

Comment

BGSU 2-1 over the Nooks after 2.
              SOGs 23-19 Nooks.
              BGSU take lead with PP goal. They had two guys between Martinsson and our d-men. Don't know how that happens.
              Second period very choppy, not a lot of flow.
              Can't understand why our PP always puts the puck up in the bread basket (if it is on net) instead of down low for the rebound.
              Nooks are playing well and controlling play (imho). Need a little puck luck and need to stay 5x5.

Comment

Ends up a 2-2 tie after regulation OT.
                SOGs 36-30 BGSU
                3x3 OT, which ended up being a 4x3 for BGSU for over half of it, still ended in 2-2 tie.
                Staley, our first shooter, gets the extra WCHA point for the Nooks in the sudden death shootout.
                We were 0 for 6 on the PP, and I think 0-9 for the weekend. That has to change. We control the puck but are are too cute on the PP.

Also: The WCHA TV feed from BGSU was very good, but I sure get tired of their student announcers in a hurry.
                But Bruce is a good 45-60 seconds ahead of WCHA TV.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmf View Post
                  Ends up a 2-2 tie after regulation OT.
                  SOGs 36-30 BGSU
                  3x3 OT, which ended up being a 4x3 for BGSU for over half of it, still ended in 2-2 tie.
                  Staley, our first shooter, gets the extra WCHA point for the Nooks in the sudden death shootout.
                  We were 0 for 6 on the PP, and I think 0-9 for the weekend. That has to change. We control the puck but are are too cute on the PP.

Also: The WCHA TV feed from BGSU was very good, but I sure get tired of their student announcers in a hurry.
                  Feed was good. Couldn’t stand their announcer either. I put up with the delay and listened to Bruce while watching it.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                    Feed was good. Couldn’t stand their announcer either. I put up with the delay and listened to Bruce while watching it.
                    It's his first season. He'll get better. Heck, even Doc Emrick stunk it up when he was a student announcer here.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                      It's his first season. He'll get better. Heck, even Doc Emrick stunk it up when he was a student announcer here.
                      I didn't even realize it was a student announcer until mmd said it so I guess I can't be too hard on him

Comment

• Also: The WCHA TV feed from BGSU was very good, but I sure get tired of their student announcers in a hurry.
                        But Bruce is a good 45-60 seconds ahead of WCHA TV.[/QUOTE]

You can use the TuneIn app to listen to Bruce and pause the audio until it is in sync with the video. A little complicated but worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
                          You can use the TuneIn app to listen to Bruce and pause the audio until it is in sync with the video. A little complicated but worth it.

Huh? Sounds to me like I would have to sit my beer down or something to do that...so probably not worth it to me.
                          Plus, I'm not sure I want to take tech advice from a guy who messed up "reply with quote."

Comment

• Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
                            You can use the TuneIn app to listen to Bruce and pause the audio until it is in sync with the video. A little complicated but worth it.[/QUOTE]

The Tunein app is fanatastic. I use it all the time to listen to road games while I’m driving home from work.
                            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Originally posted by mmf View Post
                              Huh? Sounds to me like I would have to sit my beer down or something to do that...so probably not worth it to me.
                              Plus, I'm not sure I want to take tech advice from a guy who messed up "reply with quote."
                              I can't argue with that, I am not considered to be a tech expert by any means. I would rather the games be live on TV in Fairbanks. At least there will be a few series later this season that will be.

Comment

Steven Jandric was picked as October WCHA Rookie of the Month and Justin Woods was an honorable mention for defensive player of the month. Good job guys. Now let’s protect home ice against Bemidji this weekend.

Go Nooks!

Comment

Working...
                                X