Alaska Nanooks 2017-2018 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
    So has Anchorage turned it around and has improved or is a Tech not as good as they have been in the past?
    I think it’s a little bit of both. Anchorage had nowhere to go but up after the last two or three seasons. And Tech went through a coaching change in the offseason.

Nice W last night, and sorely needed.
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Re: Alaska Nanooks 2017-2018 Season

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
      I think it’s a little bit of both. Anchorage had nowhere to go but up after the last two or three seasons. And Tech went through a coaching change in the offseason.

Honestly, Tech is just not that good.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post

A little bit of both, Tech started slow last year as well. It would be nice to have a flat out win doe. Remember when we played earlier in the year?
        Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          Honestly, Tech is just not that good.
          They were the better team on the ice for most of Friday and Saturday nights games. Mantha was the difference maker - and UAA capitalized on Tech's mistakes. If UAA would have played smart and with some energy last night, they would have gotten than much needed point for the win. They still have a long way to go, IMHO.
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

The Nooks 4-1 win Saturday night against NMU was not pretty but well earned. But that’s how we have to win games. Both teams skated hard and neither team gave up any time or space. Nothing went uncontested by either team. That needs to be our identity.

I couldn’t care less how Tech is playing. If our team shows up and plays like they did Saturday night we have a chance of winning. If our team plays like they did against FSU last weekend we will lose. MTU went winless in Anchorage and will be angry and a bit desperate for points. We’ll have match their intensity. I would expect they come out flying and we need to be prepared for it.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
              The Nooks 4-1 win Saturday night against NMU was not pretty but well earned. But that’s how we have to win games. Both teams skated hard and neither team gave up any time or space. Nothing went uncontested by either team. That needs to be our identity.

I couldn’t care less how Tech is playing. If our team shows up and plays like they did Saturday night we have a chance of winning. If our team plays like they did against FSU last weekend we will lose. MTU went winless in Anchorage and will be angry and a bit desperate for points. We’ll have match their intensity. I would expect they come out flying and we need to be prepared for it.
              If your team plays like they did against UAA, and if your goalie is hot, you have a good chance of getting points. Tech has a team of fast skating guys, but the Nanooks can match that. I'm sure their coach won't make the mistake of starting Beydoun, that he made in Anchorage.
              Last edited by Suze; 11-20-2017, 01:05 AM.
              Originally Posted by aparch
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                So has Anchorage turned it around and has improved or is a Tech not as good as they have been in the past? I don’t even know what to expect next weekend or even the games in Anchorage in December now after UAA taking 4/6 against Tech.

Completely different game tonight compared to last night. They played well tonight. Still made some errors but overall there was great improvement. I noticed the change Friday night when we pulled Anton and the guys worked real hard to prevent the ENG. Glad to see it carried over to tonight.
                What a weekend for empty net play for the Nanooks. On Friday Northern had many chances to score, a couples that were point blank shots, which were blocked by defensemen. Saturday we scored 2 empty net goals. Both of which are uncommon for us.

Comment

Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
                  What a weekend for empty net play for the Nanooks. On Friday Northern had many chances to score, a couples that were point blank shots, which were blocked by defensemen. Saturday we scored 2 empty net goals. Both of which are uncommon for us.
                  Well, you have to have a lead at the end of a game to get a chance at an empty netter...and that in itself has been uncommon for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmf View Post
                    Well, you have to have a lead at the end of a game to get a chance at an empty netter...and that in itself has been uncommon for us.
                    It is much easier to score when the opposing net is empty. #strategery
                    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                      It is much easier to score when the opposing net is empty. #strategery
                      But as GoNanooks noted, I've been to number of games where apparently it wasn't that much easier.

Comment

I’d say another important series this weekend, but every weekend is important. Will probably be a tighter race then even the last couple of years.

From CHN Tale of the Tape:

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to Nanooks far and wide, plus the Seawolves that obsess over us. Load up on turkey and beer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                            Happy Thanksgiving to Nanooks far and wide, plus the Seawolves that obsess over us. Load up on turkey and beer.
                            Soo full of yourself your stuffed more than a classic turkey.

Gobble gobble
                            Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Just newly on board in the Fan Forum... Looking forward to chirping in from time to time... Go Nanooks!

Comment

• Originally posted by NanookAlum View Post
                                Just newly on board in the Fan Forum... Looking forward to chirping in from time to time... Go Nanooks!
                                Welcome!

Comment

Working...
                                X