Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Alaska Nanooks 2017-2018 Season

Re: Alaska Nanooks 2017-2018 Season

Quote Originally Posted by mmf View Post
    The Nooks 4-1 win Saturday night against NMU was not pretty but well earned. But that’s how we have to win games. Both teams skated hard and neither team gave up any time or space. Nothing went uncontested by either team. That needs to be our identity.

I couldn’t care less how Tech is playing. If our team shows up and plays like they did Saturday night we have a chance of winning. If our team plays like they did against FSU last weekend we will lose. MTU went winless in Anchorage and will be angry and a bit desperate for points. We’ll have match their intensity. I would expect they come out flying and we need to be prepared for it.
    If your team plays like they did against UAA, and if your goalie is hot, you have a good chance of getting points. Tech has a team of fast skating guys, but the Nanooks can match that. I'm sure their coach won't make the mistake of starting Beydoun, that he made in Anchorage.
    Last edited by Suze; 11-20-2017 at 02:05 AM.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Quote Originally Posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
    So has Anchorage turned it around and has improved or is a Tech not as good as they have been in the past? I donít even know what to expect next weekend or even the games in Anchorage in December now after UAA taking 4/6 against Tech.

Completely different game tonight compared to last night. They played well tonight. Still made some errors but overall there was great improvement. I noticed the change Friday night when we pulled Anton and the guys worked real hard to prevent the ENG. Glad to see it carried over to tonight.
    What a weekend for empty net play for the Nanooks. On Friday Northern had many chances to score, a couples that were point blank shots, which were blocked by defensemen. Saturday we scored 2 empty net goals. Both of which are uncommon for us.

Quote Originally Posted by GoNanooks View Post
    What a weekend for empty net play for the Nanooks. On Friday Northern had many chances to score, a couples that were point blank shots, which were blocked by defensemen. Saturday we scored 2 empty net goals. Both of which are uncommon for us.
    Well, you have to have a lead at the end of a game to get a chance at an empty netter...and that in itself has been uncommon for us.
    "Who got the Cup?"
    UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF* UAF* UAF* UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

* lost to NCAA mucky-mucks but not to UAA on the ice.

Quote Originally Posted by mmf View Post
    Well, you have to have a lead at the end of a game to get a chance at an empty netter...and that in itself has been uncommon for us.
    It is much easier to score when the opposing net is empty. #strategery

Quote Originally Posted by Squarebanks View Post
    It is much easier to score when the opposing net is empty. #strategery
    But as GoNanooks noted, I've been to number of games where apparently it wasn't that much easier.
    "Who got the Cup?"
    UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF* UAF* UAF* UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

* lost to NCAA mucky-mucks but not to UAA on the ice.

Thread Information