X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska Nanooks 2017-2018 Season

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
    Nope. Nothing official anyway.

Still lots of speculation. I wrote the interim AD in the hopes of finding out why they haven’t responded to any of the CHN claims or made any statement and I really was not given anything helpful in response.
    What looks bad is that it was out there that the job came down to two candidates. One didn't take it, yet they aren't offering it to the other?
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
      What looks bad is that it was out there that the job came down to two candidates. One didn't take it, yet they aren't offering it to the other?
      Or they did and he told us to go jump in a lake.

(Note, I don’t know one way or the other, but that would have been my response).
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
        Or they did and he told us to go jump in a lake.

(Note, I don’t know one way or the other, but that would have been my response).
        Forgot to mention, the lake better be frozen.
        Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

While watching KTVA news about the UAA hire, I thought I heard that Lance also turned down the UA_ job. Did I hear that correctly?
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
            While watching KTVA news about the UAA hire, I thought I heard that Lance also turned down the UA_ job. Did I hear that correctly?
            Just like every other bit of news, nothing official has been released but this wouldn’t surprise me. Like it’s been mentioned before, who would blame him if he turned it down?

Unfortunately I don’t see any up and coming coach looking to make the Nanooks or the Seawolves their permanent home, it’s all a stepping stone but hopefully there’s some sort of announcement made.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
              Just like every other bit of news, nothing official has been released but this wouldn’t surprise me. Like it’s been mentioned before, who would blame him if he turned it down?

Unfortunately I don’t see any up and coming coach looking to make the Nanooks or the Seawolves their permanent home, it’s all a stepping stone but hopefully there’s some sort of announcement made.
              Sad but true, but it was that way years ago as well.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

West was always the guy and as usual the admin screwed it up.
                It's my hope he adds $50,$75,000 to his asking price and makes them eat it!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                  West was always the guy and as usual the admin screwed it up.
                  It's my hope he adds $50,$75,000 to his asking price and makes them eat it!!!!
                  I wish I knew who exactly was on the hiring committee.
                  If it’s true that they offered it to Lance and he declined, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Erik Largen either get an offer or move to interim.

Comment

• Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                    I wish I knew who exactly was on the hiring committee.
                    If it’s true that they offered it to Lance and he declined, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Erik Largen either get an offer or move to interim.
                    Unfortunately this, and the other coaching vacancies, are going to be hard to fill until we have a permanent AD. Having an interim AD really doesn’t help. If I was running the show there, I’d put interim coaches in charge of both basketball programs next year and focus on getting the AD spot filled with a good hire.
                    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                      Unfortunately this, and the other coaching vacancies, are going to be hard to fill until we have a permanent AD. Having an interim AD really doesn’t help. If I was running the show there, I’d put interim coaches in charge of both basketball programs next year and focus on getting the AD spot filled with a good hire.
                      Should have been the case with hockey too.... AD left January 19th...should have posted the gig January 20th IMO

Comment

• Originally posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
                        Should have been the case with hockey too.... AD left January 19th...should have posted the gig January 20th IMO
                        Like UAA is/was, we’re past the point of no return on this coach hire. Sticking another interim hockey coach out there would be a bad move that gives off the completely wrong impression. And first impressions are everything.

Basketball is a little bit different story, but we backed ourselves into a corner with this hockey hire.

Comment

Trevor Stewart Ice Dogs///could he be the final choice???????????/

Comment

Originally posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
                            Trevor Stewart Ice Dogs///could he be the final choice???????????/
                            Did he apply? I was told he applied to the UAA job too, but I can't confirm that.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                              Did he apply? I was told he applied to the UAA job too, but I can't confirm that.
                              My personal speculation is that maybe they offered him the job but since the Ice Dogs season is still happening, they are delaying any announcement.

Comment

Who is representing and voting on behalf of UAF at the ACHA convention where new rules are being discussed?
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X