Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Alaska Nanooks 2017-2018 Season

Re: Alaska Nanooks 2017-2018 Season

Quote Originally Posted by mmf View Post
    Coach should probably sit Frye out Friday night. Taking cheap 5 minute majors in third periods in close games is no way to show leadership.
    I'm pretty sure he's sitting anyway because in the 2nd game, they gave him a 10 minute game misconduct as well.

http://collegehockeystats.net/1718/g...t/makfstc1.o14

This is purely conjecture on my part, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see DellaMaggiore start one of the games weekend. Martinsson has been better than his numbers might suggest, but it’s the last chance to get a look at Niko before conference play and coaches may decide they need a little extra spark.

Blue & Gold Until I'm Dead & Cold

Quote Originally Posted by Squarebanks View Post
    This is purely conjecture on my part, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see DellaMaggiore start one of the games weekend. Martinsson has been better than his numbers might suggest, but it’s the last chance to get a look at Niko before conference play and coaches may decide they need a little extra spark.
    It is still an important weekend with it being Gov Cup but I agree the spark may be needed. I would like to see Niko get a chance to show us what he's got though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bar Down View Post
    I'm pretty sure he's sitting anyway because in the 2nd game, they gave him a 10 minute game misconduct as well.

http://collegehockeystats.net/1718/g...t/makfstc1.o14
    Usually hard boarding or checking from behind results in an automatic five-minute major penalty, a game misconduct, and the player being ejected from the game. A game misconduct does not result in the player missing the subsequent game. If severe enough the player can be assessed a game disqualification (DQ), resulting in the player being ejected from the game and suspended for one or more subsequent games.

I would not be surprised to see DellaMaggiore in net this weekend either. But I don't think the boys need a spark. We should have had done better against AF, and although we were the "lesser team" against SCSU, we put ourselves in position to get points and came away empty. The pairwise not only doesn't mean anything at this point, it is sooo misleading. It's like saying that the average daily temp for Fairbanks for the winter of 2017-18 is +42 degrees, on track track to break all time record highs. But then someone points out that it's only October. Bummer.

Mantha always makes it closer than it should be, but I think we take two this weekend. I don't think Lance despises UAA as much as Dallas, but most our boys return from last year and already have that hated rivalry thing figured out.

Go Nooks!
    "Who got the Cup?"
    UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF* UAF* UAF* UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

* lost to NCAA mucky-mucks but not to UAA on the ice.

Thread Information