Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska Nanooks 2017-2018 Season

Originally posted by Suze View Post
    My best guess, and this is ONLY a guess, is that the contract isn't long enough? Ugh.
    How much is left on the contracts for West and Largen? Is UAF willing to buy them out and let Brekke pick his staff?
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
      What the hell is going on with the coaching situations?

What are these coaches wanting that we aren't able to offer and that wasn't known before an offer was made??
      They want money. The landscape has changed...now even the NMU’s of the world are throwing 200k and above at head coaches.

Granted I don’t know if that’s what happened here, but “unable to reach terms” to me says he asked for more money than the school was willing to pay.

Not that it’ll happen because, you know, it would require some outside the box thinking, but UA needs to ditch this public forum and naming finalists bull ****. It doesn’t work in this new age of instant media. Us and Anchorage have now both been screwed publicly because of this policy...it isn’t 1995 anymore. Make a decision, show some leadership, and keep your mouth shut until the ink is dry. It isn’t that ****ing hard.
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        How much is left on the contracts for West and Largen? Is UAF willing to buy them out and let Brekke pick his staff?
        Picking your own staff, has to be a big factor. Loyalty is very important for success especially under the circumstances.

Comment

Regardless how the search ends up now, I hope they discover and fire whomever is responsible for prematurly leaking info to CHN and THG. If it is not an employee I hope they are outed and banned from any future association with the university.

Comment

Can't do much about applicants. An application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act. But whomever leaks info about who may or may not have received an offer should be fired.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmf View Post
              Regardless how the search ends up now, I hope they discover and fire whomever is responsible for prematurly leaking info to CHN and THG. If it is not an employee I hope they are outed and banned from any future association with the university.
              I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the same person that leaked the UAA info. CHN has found some source up there that is willing to talk.
              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                Can't do much about applicants. An application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act. But whomever leaks info about who may or may not have received an offer should be fired.
                Yes, that is why you have to wait until it is a done deal, then do a FOIA for the new contract, as well as the previous contracts to make a comparison.

Comment

I have heard that the University uses the same applicant tracking software system-wide and it documents when offers are made. If true, and since this same BS happened at both UAA and UAF, some dip **** might have access to that database. I hope the system logs sign-ons.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                    They want money. The landscape has changed...now even the NMU’s of the world are throwing 200k and above at head coaches.

Granted I don’t know if that’s what happened here, but “unable to reach terms” to me says he asked for more money than the school was willing to pay.

Not that it’ll happen because, you know, it would require some outside the box thinking, but UA needs to ditch this public forum and naming finalists bull ****. It doesn’t work in this new age of instant media. Us and Anchorage have now both been screwed publicly because of this policy...it isn’t 1995 anymore. Make a decision, show some leadership, and keep your mouth shut until the ink is dry. It isn’t that ****ing hard.
                    These applicants cannot come in to the process thinking they will get some special amount more than anyone previously in recent years. They have to be aware of the situation and frankly I don't want someone who only wants money. Yes I am sure most candidates who are worth anything will be out for big money and we need to spend money to be successful, but there is still the chance that someone who is passionate can make a bigger difference than someone with more experience.

Lance had shown us loyalty over the past 10 years and obviously knows what the salary will be and STILL applied, it was a shady thing to do to not offer the position to him first.

Comment

Why so mean? How many got fired for.... Mucky-Muck ?
                      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

So am I understanding correctly that as part of Alaska Public Records Act, someone can request the full list of applicants for both positions?
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

There are 2 sides to this...you can't do anything about how much the candidates talk...

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                            What the hell is going on with the coaching situations?

What are these coaches wanting that we aren't able to offer and that wasn't known before an offer was made??
                            Maybe Strategic Pathways had a big part with everybody tapping out .
                            Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                              Maybe Strategic Pathways had a part in with everybody tapping out .
                              I feel as though most qualified candidates would do their research before a final interview and would have been aware of this way before the fact.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                                I feel as though most qualified candidates would do their research before a final interview and would have been aware of this way before the fact.
                                What is Strategic Pathways?

Comment

Working...
                                X