Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
    And he's not qualified.
    Who is qualified that would want the job?

Comment

• Re: Alaska Nanooks 2017-2018 Season

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
      can we just hire both?
      Who is going to be who's wheel dog, or hold hands and co-coach ?.......
      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
        Who is qualified that would want the job?
        Who knows. There are only 60 DI head coaching jobs in the entire nation. UAA has a lot of choices I'm sure. Maybe not what YOU would consider the best quality choice, but choices.
        Originally Posted by aparch
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
          And he's not qualified.
          Now due to this apparent vicissitude they can now waive............... waivers.
          Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 04-11-2018, 09:35 PM.
          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

According to the News Miner, an announcement on the head coach will be made Sunday.
            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

The reporter asked the acting AD if he was still hoping to have a coach by April 15th, which was the intent mentioned early on. He said yes. Probably could be a few days earlier, or a few days later, depending on how things go. Getting it right is the most important thing. If there is one thing we have learned is announce your new head coach, not who you made an offer to. We have two good candidates IMHO. If Lance is selected, I hope we never know if he was the first or second choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                According to the News Miner, an announcement on the head coach will be made Sunday.
                When is the gaming commission doing their background check?

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                  When is the gaming commission doing their background check?
                  What are the odds of that even happening?

Comment

So UAA will know our new front runner about same time..huh...

Comment

Any news yet?
                      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                        Any news yet?
                        Still not so patiently waiting...

:-|

Comment

it's 3pm Monday...two finalists interviews middle of last week....Kind of thought we would have coach by now...maybe held up in HR...maybe waiting til 5 today to make it lead story for TV...maybe tomorrow or the next...Funny how the process zoomed at the two Minnesota schools who have new bench bosses....

Any word on UAA>>>

Comment

Wonders how much was $$$ spent $$$ on the search for both schools

Comment

Originally posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
                              it's 3pm Monday...two finalists interviews middle of last week....Kind of thought we would have coach by now...maybe held up in HR...maybe waiting til 5 today to make it lead story for TV...maybe tomorrow or the next...Funny how the process zoomed at the two Minnesota schools who have new bench bosses....

Any word on UAA>>>
                              Wasn't the coach for UA_ supposed to be announced yesterday?

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I would almost bet the farm there WILL be announcement tomorrow...thought today....WONT be John Hill...lol

Comment

Working...
                                X