Alaska Nanooks 2017-2018 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska Nanooks 2017-2018 Season

Basically to save money they had this report completed.

As far as athletics are concerned, they wanted to do one of three things.

1. Eliminate all sports
    2. Combine all athletics to be one team but at several locations
    3. Separate programs but with modifications meaning replace sports like hockey with soccer and eliminate programs at UAA to get to the minimum required by NCAA.

https://www.alaska.edu/pathways/phas...ate-athletics/
    Last edited by UAFIceAngel; 04-18-2018, 01:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      What is Strategic Pathways?
      The system-wide review that included the little nugget about athletics at UAF and UAA being possibly eliminated.
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
        I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the same person that leaked the UAA info. CHN has found some source up there that is willing to talk.
        Or it’s all BS. All the info is coming from an unnamed source through CHN. Everyone is acting like this **** is gospel and in reality it’s unsubstantiated rumor.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          Or it’s all BS. All the info is coming from an unnamed source through CHN. Everyone is acting like this **** is gospel and in reality it’s unsubstantiated rumor.
          What exactly are you claiming is unsubstantiated rumor?
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Nothing has been disproven thus far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              What exactly are you claiming is unsubstantiated rumor?
              Everything coming out on UAA and UAF. It’s all from one source, nothing is being backed up publicly from other sources.
              I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                Nothing has been disproven thus far.
                Nothing has been proven either.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  So am I understanding correctly that as part of Alaska Public Records Act, someone can request the full list of applicants for both positions?
                  If you want the entire legal wording of it;

http://www.legis.state.ak.us/basis/s....asp#40.25.110

Comment

Money and support talks. There are also a number of other positions (mostly assistant) opening up that would be less of a culture shock to the family regardless of compensation. We don’t know what the real reason for declining is. When push comes to shove, there are any number of reasons to get cold feet, not just the rational that resonates with the coaching fraternity, even thought that will probably be the official reason.

I don’t believe this reflects that poorly on Lance. The program has been plodding along for about 15 years with coaches rooted in Nanook hockey (MacMillan & Ferguson). Not necessarily bad, but maybe it is time for a change. Someone not previously associated with the program. Who knows where we go from here.

Comment

Nothing has been proven either.
                      Do either teams have a coach right now from the pool of finalists that were named?

Comment

Everything coming out on UAA and UAF. It’s all from one source, nothing is being backed up publicly from other sources.
                        Well I can tell you I have multiple sources that both Ellsworth and Brekke were offered the respective positions they're linked to. I'm attempting to confirm that Brekke declined after being offered...do I need to say that I know Ellsworth turned down UAA? I never looked into Carle or Mayotte because no one came to me with an initial report and I don't have any connection with either of them.

Hows that?
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

So am I understanding correctly that as part of Alaska Public Records Act, someone can request the full list of applicants for both positions?
                          I think so. But I also believe someone can withdraw their application and therefore they never applied.

Comment

There are 2 sides to this...you can't do anything about how much the candidates talk...
                            There are more than two sides...but you're correct, can't do much when candidates talk.
                            But that is usually after the fact. "I was offered but turned it down, yada, yada, yada."

I doubt Brekke told anyone but his high school age son, to alleviate his worst fears...

Comment

Well I can tell you I have multiple sources that both Ellsworth and Brekke were offered the respective positions they're linked to. I'm attempting to confirm that Brekke declined after being offered...do I need to say that I know Ellsworth turned down UAA? I never looked into Carle or Mayotte because no one came to me with an initial report and I don't have any connection with either of them.

Hows that?
                              What are the sources then? Where's the info coming from? Coaches themselves? Agents involved? The Universities?
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                                Do either teams have a coach right now from the pool of finalists that were named?
                                UAA never named any finalists officially, all the names came from a CHN article.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X