• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska Nanooks 2017-2018 Season

Are you not entertained?

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      Well I can tell you I have multiple sources that both Ellsworth and Brekke were offered the respective positions they're linked to. I'm attempting to confirm that Brekke declined after being offered...do I need to say that I know Ellsworth turned down UAA? I never looked into Carle or Mayotte because no one came to me with an initial report and I don't have any connection with either of them.

Hows that?
      Village Public Safety Officer MMF........ we found you a lead
      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        What are the sources then? Where's the info coming from? Coaches themselves? Agents involved? The Universities?
        What journalist publicly spouts their sources? Thats a great way to for sources to dry up...Michigan Tech never published their list of interviews, yet I managed to get the whole list...
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

What journalist publicly spouts their sources? Thats a great way to for sources to dry up...Michigan Tech never published their list of interviews, yet I managed to get the whole list...
          I understand that.

Sorry, I'm very skeptical about what's going on. Little of this reporting is coming from places in Alaska (and the ones that are are just parroting others mostly) and it's following very similar patterns with fairly similar timing.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I understand that.

Sorry, I'm very skeptical about what's going on. Little of this reporting is coming from places in Alaska (and the ones that are are just parroting others mostly) and it's following very similar patterns with fairly similar timing.
            Look, THG was preparing to tweet out the initial Brekke to Alaska news before CHN beat us to it...we were working on language and my life distracted us from being first, which seems to be fine now...I know it sucks with the way all of this is getting reported but it is the job of news to report what they find out. I might cover THG but no one that did any of the reporting for THG lives in Houghton yet we managed to outdo the Daily Mining Gazette on the coach search. Some of it is the nature of the outlets. CHN and THG are focused on college hockey while local papers are other things to worry about.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I understand that.

Why would someone intentionally lie and do this? It is hurting both programs.

Unless there's some major conspiracy to do this so we lose our programs... :|

I can't see that many people wanting us to lose our programs.

Comment

Look, THG was preparing to tweet out the initial Brekke to Alaska news before CHN beat us to it...we were working on language and my life distracted us from being first, which seems to be fine now...I know it sucks with the way all of this is getting reported but it is the job of news to report what they find out. I might cover THG but no one that did any of the reporting for THG lives in Houghton yet we managed to outdo the Daily Mining Gazette on the coach search. Some of it is the nature of the outlets. CHN and THG are focused on college hockey while local papers are other things to worry about.
                To be honest, I don't think it's the reporting that's fishy. You guys, CHN etc. all have no dog in this fight and are just doing what you do. I think there's something fishy with the information that's coming out and everyone here treating it like it's gospel truth. I was watching the UAA discussion with suspicion and now seeing a similar incident emerge from UAF makes me highly skeptical of the info that's coming out. Granted, I'm also highly skeptical that something nefarious is going on as well.

tl;dr I think everyone needs to pump the brakes and stop treating rumors as fact.
                I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

There's certain things you don't wish upon your rivals ie cancer, serious injuries, and this is one of them.

Welcome to our hell?
                  Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                    There's certain things you don't wish upon your rivals ie cancer, serious injuries, and this is one of them.

Welcome to our hell?
                    We will be lucky if they offer it to Lance and he decides to accept. I couldn't blame him if he didn't accept though.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                      We will be lucky if they offer it to Lance and he decides to accept. I couldn't blame him if he didn't accept though.
                      Got to be a salary bump after being second fiddle, not that either uni should be coughing up more money.
                      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                        Why would someone intentionally lie and do this? It is hurting both programs.

Unless there's some major conspiracy to do this so we lose our programs... :|

I can't see that many people wanting us to lose our programs.
                        You’d be shocked then. There’s plenty of folks who resent both programs. Think of how many faculty and especially admins that go through the same dance every year of not knowing if they’ll have a job while the UA p***es away millions on two bad hockey programs (ok, one bad and one really bad)?
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

You’d be shocked then. There’s plenty of folks who resent both programs. Think of how many faculty and especially admins that go through the same dance every year of not knowing if they’ll have a job while the UA p***es away millions on two bad hockey programs (ok, one bad and one really bad)?
                          In the process about the search last year, I heard a lot which I did not report including someone claiming that a candidate had been offered and declined. It didn't check out when I worked other sources. Sometimes the problem is spin by the candidates to make themselves look better. You have to use your judgement on how much you trust your source and how much you understand where everyone is getting their information. This Alaska situation is not good and its made worse by the news and how its come out. It's not really fair to UAA or Alaska because we don't know why. From what I gather, it hasn't been about salaries or support. I'm guessing its more about either program forcing assistants on the new coach and/or just ultimately deciding they didn't want to move to Alaska when it finally became time to sign the contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post

Welcome to our hell?
                            It’s just embarrassing for both schools. No other way to put it. You can’t let coaching hires play out in public, and this is exactly why. We (both schools) treat it like it’s some administrative hire, and it just isn’t. These aren’t suits behind a desk...they are very visible, very public positions that represent the University, and we treat it like we’re hiring an accountant.

A. Find the leak and fix it.
                            B. Figure out why all these coaches are saying no, and fix that to the extent it can be fixed.
                            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              In the process about the search last year, I heard a lot which I did not report including someone claiming that a candidate had been offered and declined. It didn't check out when I worked other sources. Sometimes the problem is spin by the candidates to make themselves look better. You have to use your judgement on how much you trust your source and how much you understand where everyone is getting their information. This Alaska situation is not good and its made worse by the news and how its come out. It's not really fair to UAA or Alaska because we don't know why. From what I gather, it hasn't been about salaries or support. I'm guessing its more about either program forcing assistants on the new coach and/or just ultimately deciding they didn't want to move to Alaska when it finally became time to sign the contract.
                              See you’re starting to confirm my suspicions with what you’re saying. My suspicion has been someone or multiple people are leaking incomplete information, everyone is running with it and now you guys reporting on it are being used to spin things in favor of the candidates (because both Universities are pretty quiet). Given that a) that you haven’t be able to nail down specific reasons why candidates turned the offers and b) the actual numbers that have been obtained showing no one is being cheap makes me wonder what’s going on in the media end of things
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

See you’re starting to confirm my suspicions with what you’re saying. My suspicion has been someone or multiple people are leaking incomplete information, everyone is running with it and now you guys reporting on it are being used to spin things in favor of the candidates (because both Universities are pretty quiet). Given that a) that you haven’t be able to nail down specific reasons why candidates turned the offers and b) the actual numbers that have been obtained showing no one is being cheap makes me wonder what’s going on in the media end of things
                                But, UA has not refuted. If they don't that speaks volumes.

Comment

Working...
                                X