• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska Nanooks 2017-2018 Season

Originally posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
    Wonders how much was $$$ spent $$$ on the search for both schools
    Craigslist is free.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
      Craigslist is free.
      Not free.

Comment

Glad I didn't bet the farm...4pm...Tuesday...still no announcement.....Could our applicants like UAA, turn down the gig???

Comment

• Originally posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
          Glad I didn't bet the farm...4pm...Tuesday...still no announcement.....Could our applicants like UAA, turn down the gig???
          I’d heard something about today. Who knows.
          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
            I’d heard something about today. Who knows.
            I've been checking Facebook, Twitter, AlaskaNanooks.com religiously...they've been active on posting a sexual assault awareness campaign so maybe they will get the announcement in soon.

Comment

Brekke.
              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...ame-Brekke.php

Comment

Boooo!

(No offense to Brekke, but Westy's our guy.)
                  Last edited by UAHStatman; 04-17-2018, 08:03 PM.
                  Michael Napier - UAH '97
                  uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                  U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                  NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                  CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                  CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

• Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
                    Boooo!

(No offense to Brekke, but Westy's our guy.)
                    Nothing official announced but CHN seems to get the inside scoop before anything is made public.

I hope Brekke can do well and I have nothing against him but I feel as though Lance was truly pointing the program in the right direction and the department turned their back on him.

Comment

Tech Hockey Guide is also reporting that it will be Brekke. I’m sad because we had it at 6:30 but did not push it out right away because I was preoccupied.
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Fairbanks Daily News Miner top sports story this AM

Comment

• Originally posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
                          Fairbanks Daily News Miner top sports story this AM
                          I would hope so.

Comment

Looks like it won't be him after all. The article has an update.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...ame-Brekke.php

"Brent Brekke, who was offered the Alaska coaching position yesterday pending the finalization of contract terms, has been unable to reach a deal with the school and withdrawn from consideration, sources say. The former Miami assistant coach appeared on the verge of landing the job yesterday."

Comment

What the hell is going on with the coaching situations?

What are these coaches wanting that we aren't able to offer and that wasn't known before an offer was made??
                              Last edited by UAFIceAngel; 04-18-2018, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                                What the hell is going on with the coaching situations?

What are these coaches wanting that we aren't able to offer and that wasn't known before an offer was made??
                                My best guess, and this is ONLY a guess, is that the contract isn't long enough? Ugh.
                                Originally Posted by aparch
                                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X