Alaska Nanooks 2017-2018 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska Nanooks 2017-2018 Season

We're still desperate for points. Based on how many points we have left on the table, we’re tied for last place with LSSU, and MTU sits tied for 7th with FSU. The boys have to think about their effort Saturday night and if possible even bump it up a notch. I fear UAA may have kicked a hornets nest. Special teams still didn’t look that good last weekend, so I suggest we stay out of the box.

Go Nooks!

Comment

But this Tech team is not the Mel Pearson team of the past.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

This is not the first time this season we let a 3-0 lead slip away. At least this time we got back in it after giving up 4 straight. Then we had a great short handed scoring chance from Frye and Leer with 10 seconds left in the 3rd that would have won it. But in overtime they left Lucchini sitting wide open for what seemed like an eternity, who buried the puck when he got the pass. We need to play 60 minutes of disciplined hockey tomorrow night! Let’s Go Nanooks!!

Comment

• Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
          We need to play 60 minutes of disciplined hockey tomorrow night! Let’s Go Nanooks!!
          And you almost made it the full 60.

I hope your fan base is just as disgusted with the cheap shot by Weiss at the end. No place for that in hockey.

Comment

Just re-watched the hit at the end of the game and IMO it doesn’t deserve supplemental discipline. The primary point of contact is into his chest, not head. If he had made contact with the head the MTU skater wouldn’t have popped right up afterwards.
            Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
              Just re-watched the hit at the end of the game and IMO it doesn’t deserve supplemental discipline. The primary point of contact is into his chest, not head. If he had made contact with the head the MTU skater wouldn’t have popped right up afterwards.
              One of the Tech fans said he was skating with his head down, charging toward the net with seconds left in the game. Kinda dumb considering the score was 5-1. Is there a video of the hit?
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                One of the Tech fans said he was skating with his head down, charging toward the net with seconds left in the game. Kinda dumb considering the score was 5-1. Is there a video of the hit?
                I'm sure there is a video, but it happens very quickly. The coaches teach the players to play hard regardless of the score until the horn sounds. The one thing they do not do is watch the clock. They kind f know generally how much time is left but not enough to change how they play.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  Near the end ... just after 4:30 ... https://youtu.be/v-D_wpbM-Ms

Comment

• Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
                    I saw it differently. To me it looked like the 1st defenseman checked Auk and while he was down and spinning around on one knee he was blasted in the head with his head hitting the ice and endboards.

Comment

Originally posted by lawdoggies View Post
                      I saw it differently. To me it looked like the 1st defenseman checked Auk and while he was down and spinning around on one knee he was blasted in the head with his head hitting the ice and endboards.
                      That's exactly how I saw it as well. That looked like a deliberate hit. I would not be surprised to see the league step in and give a game DQ after all. It sucks when a player takes a cheap shot like that at the end of a game, and they get a mere misconduct. Little good that does and it doesn't punish the player or the team in any way. Sure not sending a message that this is not to be tolerated.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
                        100% right the stripes also called it right. He was 15 feet away .

Remember the WCHA is Home to Old School Hockey.

If a fan of Ringette go see donnie.
                        Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 11-27-2017, 03:42 AM.
                        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                          100% right the stripes also called it right. He was 15 feet away .

Remember the WCHA is Home to Old School Hockey.

If a fan of Ringette go see donnie.
                          That's great, I'm sure it will be a comfort to you when you sit home watching the playoffs after you finish dead last.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                            That's great, I'm sure it will be a comfort to you when you sit home watching the playoffs after you finish dead last.
                            Is someone a bit butt hurt?

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                              It won't be from wanting to play Ringette......
                              Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                                100% right the stripes also called it right. He was 15 feet away.
                                WCHA suspends Weiss.

Looks like it was easier to see it from the Twin Cities than it was from 15 feet away.

Comment

Working...
                                X