Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska Nanooks 2017-2018 Season

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
    I feel bad for Martinsson. He’s a better player than the last three games would indicate, but our D let MSU just tee off on him. If I were the coach I’d start Niko tomorrow night. What else is there to lose?
    He sure looked solid when UAA played you guys earlier in the season. I hope UA_ takes it to Mankato tomorrow night!
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
      He sure looked solid when UAA played you guys earlier in the season. I hope UA_ takes it to Mankato tomorrow night!
      The disallowed goal that would have put us up 2-1 was deflating. Gotta fight through it, though.
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

The disallowed goal that would have put us up 2-1 was deflating. Gotta fight through it, though.
        I listened but didn't watch. Goalie interference?
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
          I feel bad for Martinsson. He’s a better player than the last three games would indicate, but our D let MSU just tee off on him. If I were the coach I’d start Niko tomorrow night. What else is there to lose?
          We need better goaltending to give us a chance. All starts with the goalie. Just like in football, starts with a good QB. That said Mankato is a very skilled team, we needed a few big saves to stay in the game. Tomorrow the boys will be better

Comment

I listened but didn't watch. Goalie interference?
            I was there. I don’t know what the exact reason was. I heard goalie interference and man in the crease but Mankato scored a goal identical to the disallowed goal so yeah it was definitely a momentum killer.

Comment

It’s do or die tomorrow so I see Niko starting. Anton is better than the last few games but Niko has also made some clutch saves that I feel he deserves the chance to start. But I also want to see Rehm get a chance, so hopefully he gets that next year.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                It’s do or die tomorrow so I see Niko starting. Anton is better than the last few games but Niko has also made some clutch saves that I feel he deserves the chance to start. But I also want to see Rehm get a chance, so hopefully he gets that next year.
                When UAA lost to UA_ earlier in the season, your goalies were a wall. Fairbanks always recruits solid goalies. But I am starting to wonder what is going on right now. Do you have any incoming freshmen tenders? Or do you already have your 3 goalies for next season?

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

When UAA lost to UA_ earlier in the season, your goalies were a wall. Fairbanks always recruits solid goalies. But I am starting to wonder what is going on right now. Do you have any incoming freshmen tenders? Or do you already have your 3 goalies for next season?
                  We have a Latvian kid coming in who is supposed to be pretty good. Not sure if he’s next year or the following season, though. If it’s next year then one of the current guys is leaving. Anton and Niko will both be juniors next year.
                  “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

• Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                    I was there. I don’t know what the exact reason was. I heard goalie interference and man in the crease but Mankato scored a goal identical to the disallowed goal so yeah it was definitely a momentum killer.
                    Bruce said the official call was Hope in the crease.

Comment

I don’t know what the deal is with the goalie situation. We have three right now. Two are sophomores and one is a freshmen but then we have another committed for the 2019 season, so I assume one of them won’t be back. We don’t play all 3 as it is, can’t imsgine having 4. If that’s even allowed?

Comment

Bruce talked to the head of officials during the intermissions, and I seem to remember them saying he was in the crease (which is ok) but he interfered with the goalie (which is not ok).

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Which is fine if that’s what the call was but the Mavericks had the same exact play when they scored either their 7th or 8th goal, someone was interfering with Niko, from where I could see and even the Maverick fan in front of me agreed. So it bothered me that it wasn’t looked at either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bar Down View Post
                            We need better goaltending to give us a chance. All starts with the goalie. Just like in football, starts with a good QB. That said Mankato is a very skilled team, we needed a few big saves to stay in the game. Tomorrow the boys will be better
                            Martinsson made some great saves to keep us in it in the 1at period, he just didn’t get any support in front of him. The defense couldn’t clear it out to save their lives.

We can hang with them, but we have to be just about perfect to do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                              Which is fine if that’s what the call was but the Mavericks had the same exact play when they scored either their 7th or 8th goal, someone was interfering with Niko, from where I could see and even the Maverick fan in front of me agreed. So it bothered me that it wasn’t looked at either.
                              You really expect better from WCHA officiating, especially on the road?

Comment

Martinsson made some great saves to keep us in it in the 1at period, he just didn’t get any support in front of him. The defense couldn’t clear it out to save their lives.

We can hang with them, but we have to be just about perfect to do it.
                                The Nanooks beat them 5-1 in Fairbanks, right? They just have to play like they did that game. They can do it.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X