Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Alaska Nanooks 2017-2018 Season

sitting by the river lawdoggies's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mmf View Post
    FSU is not fancy. They throw the puck on net and go hard to the crease. They earn what they get. They typically outwork everyone.
    Be the exception. Outwork FSU this weekend on home ice. Don't let them get that half step going to the crease.
    We need these points.

Go Nooks!
    ... and when playing them, keep your head up and eyes open after the whistle blows.

Re: Alaska Nanooks 2017-2018 Season

Nanooks win! A great game by the whole team, coming from behind a couple times and not giving up. Our penalty kill was not good once again, but thankfully after the first period we stayed out of the box except for a few offsetting penalties. The first power play for us was crazy, hitting the post 3 times in one minute. Itís fun to look back at as long as you win the game! Letís complete the sweep, with a win we can move above Ferris and potentially Huntsville with games in hand.

Nanooks win!! First conference sweep of the year, now to continue playing like this next week at Northern Michigan. This is the time to get hot as we head into the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by GoNanooks View Post
    Nanooks win!! First conference sweep of the year, now to continue playing like this next week at Northern Michigan. This is the time to get hot as we head into the playoffs.
    First conference sweep at home. We swept Anchorage in December.

Quote Originally Posted by Squarebanks View Post
    First conference sweep at home. We swept Anchorage in December.
    Oh yes, how could I forget that. How about this was our first sweep against a team with at least 5 wins.

Blue & Gold Until I'm Dead & Cold
    Oh yes, how could I forget that. How about this was our first sweep against a team with at least 5 wins.
    Hahaha

Pretty sure your team will get another home sweep fairly soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    Pretty sure your team will get another home sweep fairly soon.
    Depends on how badly your guys want to send Thomas out on a good note.

Depends on how badly your guys want to send Thomas out on a good note.
    HA, I don't think they care.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Into the black hole abyss of Marquette we go. Three wins all-time in that lakefront metropolis.

0-0 after one.
    NMU controlled play the last 10 minutes and we were lucky to get out of the first 0-0.
    Lets go boys, tighten up the defense and get more pucks and bodies to the net.

Go Nooks!
    "Who got the Cup?"
    UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF* UAF* UAF* UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

* lost to NCAA mucky-mucks but not to UAA on the ice.

1-1 after two. SOGs 16-12 NMU.
    NMU has quick sticks. We need quicker shots and and just more hard work in the crease.
    The boys are playing pretty well. Martinsson has been solid when the defense breaks down.

#stickit2cancer
    Go Nooks!
    "Who got the Cup?"
    UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF* UAF* UAF* UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

NMU takes it 2-1 in OT with a deflection as the NMU powerplay expires.
    Good game by the boys.
    Get'em tomorrow.

Go Nooks!
    "Who got the Cup?"

I hate NMU. At least Ferris was idle and Huntsville lost.

Probably not ideal to have our two week road trip down the stretch as we fight for a playoff spot, but it is what it is. After getting swept by NMU we head to Bemidji for a Thursday/Friday series. Then back home for our final series against UAA.

Maybe not mathematically, but in a practical sense, if we win one of last four games we are probably in the playoffs (unless FSU sweeps MSU and then LSSU sweeps FSU). If we win two then weíre in. Any best of three series will be tough for us, but definitely would rather not see MSU until it is a one game take all.

Hoping for a split at Bemidji. Weíve been playing everybody tough but canít seem to get over the hump. And we canít take UAA lightly. They have nothing to play for except a little pride in taking us out of the playoffs if that option is still on the table the last weekend. Regardless, taking a game or two from us in Manthaís last series would probably be the high point of their season.
    "Who got the Cup?"

Quote Originally Posted by mmf View Post
    SU sweeps FSU). And we can’t take UAA lightly. They have nothing to play for except a little pride in taking us out of the playoffs if that option is still on the table the last weekend. Regardless, taking a game or two from us in Mantha’s last series would probably be the high point of their season.
    Meh. It should be an easy 4 points for the Nanooks. And I'm not sure Mantha will play both games anyway. He's a bit burned out, in my opinion. Too much of this season has been on his shoulders. Our 3rd string backup is playing pretty good right now, and it's nice to see him get some ice time. (Our 2nd string goalie was injured pre-season and has been out all year).
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Blue & Gold Until I'm Dead & Cold

Meh. It should be an easy 4 points for the Nanooks. And I'm not sure Mantha will play both games anyway. He's a bit burned out, in my opinion. Too much of this season has been on his shoulders. Our 3rd string backup is playing pretty good right now, and it's nice to see him get some ice time. (Our 2nd string goalie was injured pre-season and has been out all year).
    Regulation and first OT wins are worth 3 points per game. Assuming you think the Nooks will sweep and not have anyovertime games, I just wanted to clarify.

Iím sure Mantha will play Saturday since itís his last game. Wouldnít be surprised to see one of your other guys on Friday, though.

Quote Originally Posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
    Regulation and first OT wins are worth 3 points per game. Assuming you think the Nooks will sweep and not have anyovertime games, I just wanted to clarify.
    Thanks for pointing that out, yes I think the Nooks will sweep.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Iím sure Mantha will play Saturday since itís his last game. Wouldnít be surprised to see one of your other guys on Friday, though.
    We only have two healthy goalies.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Thread Information