Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska Nanooks 2017-2018 Season

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
    B. Figure out why all these coaches are saying no, and fix that to the extent it can be fixed.
    The UAA hockey program is a run down pig with brand new lipstick on it. Even us fans can't agree on what can be fixed, the only thing that is certain is $$$.

UA_ doesn't appear so rundown but you have winning and development of players to supplement a better overall program/college experience.
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
      But, UA has not refuted. If they don't that speaks volumes.
      Even if he’s right, these CHN articles are still very damaging. There’s still a perception around hockey that we are both weak, and this does nothing to help.
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
        It’s just embarrassing for both schools. No other way to put it. You can’t let coaching hires play out in public, and this is exactly why. We (both schools) treat it like it’s some administrative hire, and it just isn’t. These aren’t suits behind a desk...they are very visible, very public positions that represent the University, and we treat it like we’re hiring an accountant.

A. Find the leak and fix it.
        B. Figure out why all these coaches are saying no, and fix that to the extent it can be fixed.

Horrible leadership at both schools. Goat rodeo. I mean look at how many other coaches besides hockey that UAF needs to fill. Speaks volumes. If you had someone who knew their *** from a hole in the ground in charge, none of this would be playing out in the media.
        "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
          The UAA hockey program is a run down pig with brand new lipstick on it. Even us fans can't agree on what can be fixed, the only thing that is certain is $$$.
          Gotta disagree with this. But it's true with UA_, they are not putting in the $$ that UAA is, and has been. Their head coach made $99,999 last season. THAT is pathetic. Makes you wonder what their assistants get paid.
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
            Gotta disagree with this. But it's true with UA_, they are not putting in the $$ that UAA is, and has been. Their head coach made $99,999 last season. THAT is pathetic. Makes you wonder what their assistants get paid.
            Whose been better the last 25+ years? Last 10, last 5?

This is not black and white, more $ clearly does not equal a better program.
            Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Is that with or without the bonus for winning another governor's cup or making the playoffs? Asking for a friend.

Comment

...but I agree. Even as an interim $100k was insulting.

Comment

You can throw all the money you want at any organization and it won’t matter one iota if you don’t hire the right people for the right roles.
                  “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                    But, UA has not refuted. If they don't that speaks volumes.
                    Why would they comment and completely destroy any leverage they have? Are you really that dense?
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      Why would they comment and completely destroy any leverage they have? Are you really that dense?
                      Silence can’t be misquoted.
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post

Are you not entertained?
                        Double Feature......at 1/2 price...
                        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          And yet, you are the conspiracy theorist.

Any comment from the higher ups would at least shed some light.

Comment

• Originally posted by akswf View Post
                            and yet, you are the conspiracy theorist.

Any comment from the higher ups would at least shed some light.
                            Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                            silence can’t be misquoted.
                            Public Relations 101
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

So the announcement was supposed to me made on Sunday, right? ANY news at all?
                              Originally Posted by aparch
                              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                                So the announcement was supposed to me made on Sunday, right? ANY news at all?
                                Nope. Nothing official anyway.

Still lots of speculation. I wrote the interim AD in the hopes of finding out why they haven’t responded to any of the CHN claims or made any statement and I really was not given anything helpful in response.
                                Last edited by UAFIceAngel; 04-20-2018, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X