Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley University 2017-18: Can I get an "AMEN!" from the congregation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bentley University 2017-18: Can I get an "AMEN!" from the congregation?

The inconsistency is maddening. Strong performance OOC, cellar dwellers in conference, and then a win against the strongest team in the conference. Is there latent talent that just can't consistently execute?
    Bentley University Hockey
    On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

...and the road sweep at RIT. I'm so afraid to have hope.

Comment

Falcons need to extend another run now to gain home ice again for the first round. Great effort in Rochester this weekend, especially Schmidt's hattie.

Comment

Maddening is the only way to describe it schiegs. Looking forward to this stretch run. Hell of an effort this weekend putting up 9 goals and staying undefeated at RIT's new barn! 6-0 all time now at the Polisseni Center

Maybe this team was built to play in spiffy new arenas...........

@BentleyTopShelf

Comment

• Originally posted by The Top Shelf View Post
            Maddening is the only way to describe it schiegs. Looking forward to this stretch run. Hell of an effort this weekend putting up 9 goals and staying undefeated at RIT's new barn! 6-0 all time now at the Polisseni Center

6-0? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by schiegs View Post
              6-0? Really?
              http://www.uscho.com/recaps/2018/02/...tley-vs-rit-2/

@BentleyTopShelf

Comment

• That.
                Is.
                Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by The Top Shelf View Post

If that turns out to be true you guys should have a good end of season run.... Good luck when Army helps you open your new rink, you will have do do a little better than when I saw you earlier this year at West Point.

As for this past weekends games...I think I will petition the RIT administration to let the Tigers play at the Ritter next time the Falcons are on RIT's campus. Maybe the Tigers will have a little better luck. Obviously something about the Polisseni that the Falcons like.

Good luck the rest of the way...
                  RPI Engineers
                  RIT Tigers
                  ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Not looking good for hosting the first post-season round in the new arena this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                      Not looking good for hosting the first post-season round in the new arena this year.
                      Sweeping Army would be helpful to others!
                      RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

That game Friday was a travesty as far as officiating goes. Referee Kenny Gates was an absolute joke. Was trying to make the game all about him. Making TERRIBLE calls and then yelling back at players, coaches and even fans in an aggressive, unprofessional manner. A real shame. Soder almost spilled over the boards with about two minutes left he was so irate.

To top it off, at the end of the game, rather than face the music and defend his actions to Soder and our players, he ran off to the refs locker room. Instead of doing his job and monitoring the handshake line, he ran like a coward. His actions should absolutely be reviewed by NCAA/AHA higher ups.

In other news, the boys played pretty well. It was a very chippy game and they did all they could to overcome THIRTY FOUR minutes of penalties, but its hard to win a game when you're shorthanded for over a third of it. Like I said, it was a chippy game, many of those calls were warranted. But many more were inexplicable.

Here's to the JAR! 44 years of memories and a wonderful first chapter in Bentley hockey. We're onto bigger and better things!

@BentleyTopShelf

Comment

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/re...quK/story.html

@BentleyTopShelf

Comment

The big day for the first puck drop in the new arena finally has arrived.

Comment

The curse of 40 minute play continues. The emotions were definitely amped up in the first, with a lot of frenetic play. The lone Bentley goal looked like an odd hop through the 5-hole, otherwise some solid shots ran into solid goaltending.

Third period continues to be the problem. Wheels falling off the wagon doesn't even come close to describing their play in the last frame.

Comment

If I read the standings and tiebreaker right, in order to get a home series in the first round, Bentley needs to beat AIC on Saturday, Holy Cross needs to beat AIC Thursday, and Canisius needs to sweep Niagara next weekend. That's a lot help.

Editorial note: If I were king for a day, only the top eight teams would make the playoffs. This makes the regular season finale for the bottom teams that much more important, and opens up one more weekend for either OOC or conference games.

Comment

Working...
                                X