Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley University 2017-18: Can I get an "AMEN!" from the congregation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bentley University 2017-18: Can I get an "AMEN!" from the congregation?

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
    As an NU fan mindful of recent history, the very thought of Bentley is enough to ruin my otherwise joyous holidays.
    I hate it when I quote myself.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by The Top Shelf View Post
      Hopefully the long break didn't kill all the momentum that ended 2017! We'll find out tonight as we begin a big home and home this weekend, with the JAR hosts its final OOC game tonight. We've had Northeastern's number to a small extent the last decade or so, but they look strong and are returning several key players from injury. Looking forward to attending my first game as an alumni!
      Felt like a win to me, TTS. The Huskies are a really good team this season, maybe tops in Hockey East, when all is said and done.

Comment

Great run, against some great squads. Looking forward to a strong stretch run.
        Bentley University Hockey
        On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Originally posted by schiegs View Post
          Great run, against some great squads. Looking forward to a strong stretch run.
          Finished the OOC games 3-2-1. Now need to play better against conference teams the rest of the way, earn home ice in the first round, or better yet a bye, and get to Rochester for the first time in what seems like eons.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            Finished the OOC games 3-2-1. Now need to play better against conference teams the rest of the way, earn home ice in the first round, or better yet a bye, and get to Rochester for the first time in what seems like eons.
            Well, that 4-1 loss on Tuesday night was a major step backwards.

Comment

Well, that 4-1 loss on Tuesday night was a major step backwards.
              Didn't get the chance to watch, but agreed. A major stepback. Need to get going as we move into the new barn!

@BentleyTopShelf

Comment

Will be ok if we can tie again tomorrow night and come away with 2 points on the road.

Comment

Will be ok if we can tie again tomorrow night and come away with 2 points on the road.
                  Army was fortunate to tie that game. I was seated behind the Bentley bench with a small contingent of Falcon fans behind me. On Army's tying goal which was on the power play Bentley cleared the puck from their zone which should of traveled down the length of the ice except it hit a linesman in the shin guard and traveled parallel to the Bentley blue line across the ice where an Army player carried the puck into the Bentley zone and passed to another Army player coming down the slot who wristed it by Pelino. It was a tough break. Down the stretch both teams had chances so I suppose the tie was a good result. Pelino came up big multiple times especially in the first period when Army enjoyed a large shot advantage. Looking forward to watching these two teams tomorrow night.
                  RPI Engineers
                  RIT Tigers
                  ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                    Army was fortunate to tie that game. I was seated behind the Bentley bench with a small contingent of Falcon fans behind me. On Army's tying goal which was on the power play Bentley cleared the puck from their zone which should of traveled down the length of the ice except it hit a linesman in the shin guard and traveled parallel to the Bentley blue line across the ice where an Army player carried the puck into the Bentley zone and passed to another Army player coming down the slot who wristed it by Pelino. It was a tough break. Down the stretch both teams had chances so I suppose the tie was a good result. Pelino came up big multiple times especially in the first period when Army enjoyed a large shot advantage. Looking forward to watching these two teams tomorrow night.
                    Bummer PK bad luck for the Falcons.

Comment

• Re: Bentley University 2017-18: Can I get an "AMEN!" from the congregation?

Puck drops in less than 4 hours at the JAR.

Comment

Either this team is very inconsistent, or AHA is a much more competitive conference than I thought. 😕
                        Bentley University Hockey
                        On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

• Originally posted by schiegs View Post
                          Either this team is very inconsistent, or AHA is a much more competitive conference than I thought. 😕
                          Tough night for Argue, who looked really rusty in net the first period, and Orr, who was on the ice for all four SH goals. Falcons put most of their 42 shots right square into goalie's pads, so few rebounds to pounce on. And, three PP opportunities were abysmal; I have never understood dumping the puck into the corners on the PP. Disappointing result for a game in which Bentley dominated in puck possession.

But, I also think that there is a lot of parity in AHA this season, without a team either running away with it or hopelessly mired in the basement. Still plenty of time for another run, and maybe home ice on campus at least for the first playoff round.
                          Last edited by Snively65; 01-17-2018, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Bentley now officially in the AHA basement; been awhile since the program has sunk this low. Not a good look for opening the new rink on campus.
                            Last edited by Snively65; 01-26-2018, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                              Bentley now officially in the AHA basement; been awhile since the program has sunk this low. Not a good look for opening the new rink on campus.
                              And the sinking continues, despite the valiant 3-2 losing effort against the top team, Canisius.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                                And the sinking continues, despite the valiant 3-2 losing effort against the top team, Canisius.
                                And, Bentley holds on for 3-2 win in game 2 against the best team in the AHA. Falcons need to build on this victory in the remaining games through the regular season to get home ice for the first playoff round in their spiffy new arena.

Comment

Working...
                                X