Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley University 2017-18: Can I get an "AMEN!" from the congregation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Falcons not off to good starts this season. Not sure why, beyond what one sees in the stats: too few goals, too many goals given up, too many penalties, and poor PK. PP appears to be ok, and accounts for 9 of their 18 goals.
    Seems like a lot of parity this year, give them time to work out the kinks and they might surprise you
    RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Re: Bentley University 2017-18: Can I get an "AMEN!" from the congregation?

First OOC game for Falcons this Friday night in North Andover against the Merrimack Warriors. Bentley hockey team needs to step up to avenge their soccer brethren's 2-1 loss to the Warriors in the league championship game this past weekend.

Comment

First OOC game for Falcons this Friday night in North Andover against the Merrimack Warriors. Bentley hockey team needs to step up to avenge their soccer brethren's 2-1 loss to the Warriors in the league championship game this past weekend.
        FYI - Merrimack is offering discounted tickets ($10.00) for the Bentley game.

http://www.themackreport.com/news/me...ts-vs-bentley/

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
          FYI - Merrimack is offering discounted tickets ($10.00) for the Bentley game.

http://www.themackreport.com/news/me...ts-vs-bentley/
          Unfortunately, I do not think that Bentley fans "travel well." But, hope that Bentley can continue the fine bump in OOC wins by AHC teams so far this season.

Comment

Any insight into recruits for 2018-19?

😕
            Bentley University Hockey
            On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Originally posted by schiegs View Post
              Any insight into recruits for 2018-19?

��
              2018-2019?

This team needs to get its act together THIS season. I cannot believe that the loss of Max French should have this big an impact. Falcons (1-7-3) now ranked dead last in PWR, even below St Lawrence (1-12-1), Anchorage (1-7-4), and AZ State (2-8-2). Completely unacceptable before moving into their new on-campus rink in February.

Comment

Big sweep by Bentley over RMU at the JAR this weekend; who saw that coming? Next up: UML at Tsongas on Tuesday evening. Go Falcons!

Comment

Huge win(s)!!! Was saddened to learn that Ryan McMurphy is likely out for the year. A great player on the ice who missed most of his sophomore year to injury as well. A big loss and a very unfortunate end to a great tenure with the Falcons. Will always be left wondering "what if" regarding the potential of what could've been if we saw four full years of the McMurphy, MacDonald, Schmidt line

@BentleyTopShelf

Comment

Originally posted by The Top Shelf View Post
                    Huge win(s)!!! Was saddened to learn that Ryan McMurphy is likely out for the year. A great player on the ice who missed most of his sophomore year to injury as well. A big loss and a very unfortunate end to a great tenure with the Falcons. Will always be left wondering "what if" regarding the potential of what could've been if we saw four full years of the McMurphy, MacDonald, Schmidt line
                    Total bummer. That senior line was supposed to take us to the promised land. Soder needs to find a good fit to get that line clicking going forward.

I am meeting UML friend at Lowell Beer Works before game on Tuesday night; please join us!

Comment

Total bummer. That senior line was supposed to take us to the promised land. Soder needs to find a good fit to get that line clicking going forward.

I am meeting UML friend at Lowell Beer Works before game on Tuesday night; please join us!
                      The place blows now since the rehab over the summer. Menu is very limited and bad. Long time regulars are staying away in droves and finding better pre and post game options like the Worthen on Worthen Street just up from the arena past city hall.

Plus they note they're closed on Mondays and Tuesdays so you'll have to find another place anyway.
                      Last edited by riverchief1; 11-28-2017, 10:56 AM.
                      Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                      Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                      Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by The Top Shelf View Post
                        Great series! Just what we needed when it looked like all hope was lost. I watched most of Friday's game and they looked pretty competent out there. Usually I can pick out a few things that they do badly even after wins, but they seemed to be playing all-around good puck. Pelino looked solid as well, but he didn't give me overwhelming confidence between the pipes. His stat line is abysmal- it should look better after a few more series in net.

In terms of individual efforts, I love what frosh Charlie Marchand has been able to do in just a few short weeks in college hockey. He's solidified himself on that top D pairing with Tanner Jago (who's also been playing outstanding) and looks like a real bright spot at the blue line for years to come. Freshmen are also seeing a lot of time on offense with all of the injuries- Zuffante and Santerno have really looked like our best options out there. Disappointing start for Brett Mennear thus far, hopefully he just needs some time to adjust and he will break out into the star player he was in Juniors. Other than that, Drew Callin and Matt Riggleman have been impressive as well.

Devastating about Murph. One of the nicer guys on the team and definitely an offensive threat- so sad to see what little time he was able to get on the ice as a Falcon. Desbiens is also out with an injury. Argue also has not been on the line sheet for a few weeks, maybe he is injured or is undergoing some sort of disciplinary action...

Umass Lowell game just started, already down 1-0... can't really expect much playing a top 20 HEA team. AIC this Friday, and then 4 consecutive OOC games until SHU on Jan. 9th. Gonna need a strong second half to jump back into the race for a bye in the AHC tourney.

Comment

Hey Snively65 congrats to you and your Falcons tonight! (And other Falcoln fans!)
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Will the real Bentley Falcons please stand up.

Comment

I did not see either of the RMU wins, but the 3-2 OT win tonight over UML was the best game that I have seen the Falcons play since they beat UNH last November. Solid effort all the way around, despite the small number of SOG.

Comment

Should I go ahead and book my tickets to St. Paul in April?

Comment

Working...
                                X