Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley University 2017-18: Can I get an "AMEN!" from the congregation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Top Shelf View Post
    After speaking with those in the know this weekend at the homecoming festivities, I confirm that is the most likely scenario.

Between the group of us, think we can compile who owes us a return?

I know UMass Lowell does for sure. Who else?
    A bit of speculation here, but I could have sworn that I heard or read the BU does as well.

Keep in mind there are contractual return visits, and a school doing another a solid in return for fulling in a schedule gap. In the realm of pure fantasy, names like Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State would he great if they fell into that category. Maybe split a weekend with a Boston school to spread it out.
    Bentley University Hockey
    On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Re: Bentley University 2017-18: Can I get an "AMEN!" from the congregation?

Coaches Poll2017-18 Atlantic Hockey Preseason Poll

Air Force-97 points (8)
      Robert Morris-87 points (2)
      Army-76 points
      RIT-70 points
      Canisius-65 points (1)
      Holy Cross-58 points
      Mercyhurst-52 points
      Bentley-38 points
      AIC-27 points
      Sacred Heart-20 points
      Niagara-15 points

First place votes in parenthesis

@BentleyTopShelf

Comment

Coaches Poll2017-18 Atlantic Hockey Preseason Poll

Air Force-97 points (8)
        Robert Morris-87 points (2)
        Army-76 points
        RIT-70 points
        Canisius-65 points (1)
        Holy Cross-58 points
        Mercyhurst-52 points
        Bentley-38 points
        AIC-27 points
        Sacred Heart-20 points
        Niagara-15 points

First place votes in parenthesis
        No surprise here, same finishing spot as the previous 2 seasons. I think Bentley will surprise this year, returning 9 of 10 top scorers and 2 strong goaltenders in Argue and Pelino. I think the bar is lower, but the upside is higher.

Comment

Originally posted by acohen527 View Post
          No surprise here, same finishing spot as the previous 2 seasons. I think Bentley will surprise this year, returning 9 of 10 top scorers and 2 strong goaltenders in Argue and Pelino. I think the bar is lower, but the upside is higher.
          I agree; I think that Bentley will place at least as high as 7th this season. In my predictions from August 3rd (post#21), I agreed with the coaches on Rob Mo, Holy Cross, and the last three, but I was far apart with them on Canisius (except for one of the 11 coaches) and RIT. But, I am sticking with my predictions from almost two months ago.

Comment

Bentley's new hockey rink construction

Just copying this post here from our other thread, which is probably doomed to disappear from these pages soon.

Here is a follow up time-lapse video (July 26th, 2:01 minutes) to the one posted earlier in the summer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlmA2pmDbTw

Comment

After speaking with those in the know this weekend at the homecoming festivities, I confirm that is the most likely scenario.

Between the group of us, think we can compile who owes us a return?

I know UMass Lowell does for sure. Who else?
              UNH owes us two games.

Opening night at the JAR in eight days!

Comment

Opening night at the JAR in a little over an hour; not much discussion here this season?

Comment

Encouraging to see the young talent getting on the score sheet already.
                  Bentley University Hockey
                  On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Originally posted by schiegs View Post
                    Encouraging to see the young talent getting on the score sheet already.
                    I posted a little bit on the AIC thread in response to pizza at the JAR.

Overall, felt like a Bentley win, as Kauppila scored the only even-strength goal to tie with about two minutes left in regulation. Passing was sloppy on both sides, with 8 and 6 penalties called against AIC and Bentley, respectively. Bentley failed to convert twice with about a minute of 5-3 PP each time. Good to get this first game completed.
                    Last edited by Snively65; 10-12-2017, 03:28 AM.

Comment

A very sloppy game. I agree that it felt like a win after the fact, the rush from Kap's late goal was electric! That being said, now that the adrenaline has worn off, this team has a a lot to improve on. Very sloppy passing. I thought we showed great promise on some of the power plays. We moved the puck well for long stretches in the offensive zone, but then followed it with even longer stretches of very sloppy play on both ends of the ice.

One things we already knew... Argue sure has a flair for the dramatic. Guy makes highlight reel saves when the game is on the line more than anyone I've ever seen.

@BentleyTopShelf

Comment

A very sloppy game. I agree that it felt like a win after the fact, the rush from Kap's late goal was electric! That being said, now that the adrenaline has worn off, this team has a a lot to improve on. Very sloppy passing. I thought we showed great promise on some of the power plays. We moved the puck well for long stretches in the offensive zone, but then followed it with even longer stretches of very sloppy play on both ends of the ice.

One things we already knew... Argue sure has a flair for the dramatic. Guy makes highlight reel saves when the game is on the line more than anyone I've ever seen.
                        Agreed in just about every aspect. We looked really sloppy out there. I was thinking about an analogy last night to use and the best I could come up with was that their play looked like a 8 year old soccer game, just kick it way up field when you get the ball and hope that it gets past the defense a few times and maybe you score a couple goals. Obviously it wasn’t quite this bad, but it’s clear Soder has yet to abandon the heavy dump and chase strategy.
                        On the bright side, the young guys picking up the goals is definitely a positive and Argue played pretty well throughout the game, especially late. I also liked what I saw from frosh defenseman Charlie Marchand, he looked like a pretty competent player out there. Next game I’m going to try and focus more on Brett Mennear’s play and see what kind of player we have in him.

Undefeated!!

Comment

Originally posted by acohen527 View Post
                          Next game I’m going to try and focus more on Brett Mennear’s play and see what kind of player we have in him.
                          Seemed to me like Mennear had a number of good shifts. He looked real sharp for a freshman.

Comment

Originally posted by Leather Lungs View Post
                            Seemed to me like Mennear had a number of good shifts. He looked real sharp for a freshman.
                            Thanks for the insight. His junior numbers and achievements lead to high expectations, so hopefully he pans out.

Comment

Last minute over night in Concord, MA. Figure I'd shoot down too the JAR for some pizza and a hockey game but apparently the Eagles only play every other weekend! 😁
                              RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                                Last minute over night in Concord, MA. Figure I'd shoot down too the JAR for some pizza and a hockey game but apparently the Eagles only play every other weekend! 😁
                                Eagles play at Conte on Chestnut Hill; Falcons play at the JAR. Next Falcons games at the JAR on 27-28 October against the 'hurst.

Comment

Working...
                                X