Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley University 2017-18: Can I get an "AMEN!" from the congregation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by schiegs View Post
    If I read the standings and tiebreaker right, in order to get a home series in the first round, Bentley needs to beat AIC on Saturday, Holy Cross needs to beat AIC Thursday, and Canisius needs to sweep Niagara next weekend. That's a lot help.

Editorial note: If I were king for a day, only the top eight teams would make the playoffs. This makes the regular season finale for the bottom teams that much more important, and opens up one more weekend for either OOC or conference games.
    Usually I would agree on only the top eight teams playing in the post-season, but not this season, as home ice in the first round is the only way that I will get to see a game in the arena before next fall. Good effort to hold on for the win in the second game against Army to keep that possibility alive.

Comment

If I read the standings and tiebreaker right, in order to get a home series in the first round, Bentley needs to beat AIC on Saturday, Holy Cross needs to beat AIC Thursday, and Canisius needs to sweep Niagara next weekend. That's a lot help.
      Well, we got the first two pieces of help. Heading into the final night of the regular season, we need the following for home ice in the first round (I think):

A win vs. AIC and a Niagara tie or loss vs. Canisius

...or...

A tie vs. AIC and a Niagara loss vs. Canisius

A Bentley loss or Niagara win and they travel to Springfield or Buffalo.

I'll be in attendance, looking forward to seeing the new digs in person.
      Bentley University Hockey
      On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Well, we got the first two pieces of help. Heading into the final night of the regular season, we need the following for home ice in the first round (I think):

A win vs. AIC and a Niagara tie or loss vs. Canisius

...or...

A tie vs. AIC and a Niagara loss vs. Canisius

A Bentley loss or Niagara win and they travel to Springfield or Buffalo.

I'll be in attendance, looking forward to seeing the new digs in person.
        Enjoy, schiegs. Lots of great reports about opening two games at DeFelice Rink last weekend. I am really hoping that I get to see my first games in the new rink next weekend. Go Falcons; take care of business against AIC tomorrow night.
        Last edited by Snively65; 04-07-2018, 07:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          Enjoy, schiegs. Lots of great reports about opening two games at Delifice Rink last weekend. I am really hoping that I get to see my first games in the new rink next weekend. Go Falcons; take care of business against AIC tomorrow night.
          Oh, well. I will need to wait until next October to see my first game in DeFelice Rink.
          Last edited by Snively65; 04-07-2018, 07:59 AM.

Comment

• Re: Bentley University 2017-18: Can I get an "AMEN!" from the congregation?

Bentley now 2-2-1 against RMU this season, but 0-2-1 in Pittsburgh.

Comment

A disappointing end to the season. Had some huge chances throughout the game, especially late and just couldn't find the back of the net.

A lot of good takeaways from this season. And with a full season of Bentley Arena, a strong recruiting class and a returning core... the future is certainly bright!

@BentleyTopShelf

Comment

• Originally posted by The Top Shelf View Post
                A disappointing end to the season. Had some huge chances throughout the game, especially late and just couldn't find the back of the net.

A lot of good takeaways from this season. And with a full season of Bentley Arena, a strong recruiting class and a returning core... the future is certainly bright!
                Can you post a list of incoming freshman like you did last season, TTS?

I agree about a full season in the new arena. I heard that all three home games in DeFelice Rink last month were sell outs; what a change from the JAR!
                Last edited by Snively65; 04-07-2018, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                  Can you post a list of incoming freshman like you did last season, TTS?

I agree about a full season in the new arena. I heard that all three home games in Delifice last month were sell outs; what a change from the JAR!
                  Sure thing. I can start a new thread once the AHA playoffs end and I'll post it there?

@BentleyTopShelf

Comment

Sure thing. I can start a new thread once the AHA playoffs end and I'll post it there?
                    Sounds good, TTS.

I am pulling for an all-eastern block moving on to Rochester: AIC, Army, Holy Cross, and Sacred Heart.

Comment

I am pulling for an all-eastern block moving on to Rochester: AIC, Army, Holy Cross, and Sacred Heart.
                      Not quite.....

@BentleyTopShelf

Comment

Not quite.....
                        .....as in, quite the opposite. :-(

Comment

So far for OOC games this coming season, we will be playing BC, for first time I think, af Conte, and UML will be visiting Bentley.

Comment

So far for OOC games this coming season, we will be playing BC, for first time I think, af Conte, and UML will be visiting Bentley.
                            Season tickets (huh, what are those?) go on sale next week, and we have been informed that besides UML, Dartmouth, Harvard, and Merrimack also will visit DeFelice Rink in 2018-2019.

Comment

Snively, I think it's your turn to title and start the new thread.
                              Bentley University Hockey
                              On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Originally posted by schiegs View Post
                                Snively, I think it's your turn to title and start the new thread.
                                If Snively wants it, start it up! I'll contribute with some offseason/recruiting posts once I have some free time!

@BentleyTopShelf

Comment

Working...
                                X