Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley University 2017-18: Can I get an "AMEN!" from the congregation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bentley University 2017-18: Can I get an "AMEN!" from the congregation?

Originally posted by schiegs View Post
    Should I go ahead and book my tickets to St. Paul in April?
    Nice little run here, eh? I could not get to Providence this evening, but will be in Hanover for game on Saturday night.

Comment

Fantastic play from Pelino who is really bouncing back from a tough start to the year. Great goal-tending and a very balanced scoring attack will win games 9 times out of 10! Let's go Falcons!

@BentleyTopShelf

Comment

Six in a row. Not a good time to take a month off.
        Bentley University Hockey
        On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

The Falcons looked really good tonight. Almost another shut out, within a few minutes, for Pelino, who stopped 29 of 30. Bentley goes into semester break at 0.500. How many other Div 1 teams currently have 6 or more straight wins?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            The Falcons looked really good tonight. Almost another shut out, within a few minutes, for Pelino, who stopped 29 of 30. Bentley goes into semester break at 0.500. How many other Div 1 teams currently have 6 or more straight wins?
            Congrats on the big win! They don't ask how but rather how many as the score was not indicative of the overall play. I thought the play was pretty much even except for those vital 70 seconds (3 Bentley goals); however I should also qualify this by saying that by Big Green outplaying Bentley in the third due to Bentley's prevent defense protecting a 4 goal lead. The patience on your PP was outstanding in finding that seam pass through the box/diamond leading to a goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              How many other Div 1 teams currently have 6 or more straight wins?
              Only two: Notre Dame 13, Clarkson 11.

Comment

Someone thinks this streak has legs, as the Falcons garnered a vote in the poll this week.
                Bentley University Hockey
                On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Originally posted by schiegs View Post
                  Someone thinks this streak has legs, as the Falcons garnered a vote in the poll this week.
                  3-1-0 in OOC games, with last two against NU in January.

Comment

The Falcons are RED HOT! What a few weeks it has been. I haven't been able to watch too much, but from what I've seen this looks like a completely different team. The current lines Soder has set up are working beautifully, and the flow and consistency of our play is better than I've seen in awhile. Looks like those underclassmen finally got up to speed! Pelino has also been outstanding, bouncing back from a rough start. Hopefully we don't lose the spark during the break and can come out with a strong second half!

Comment

Originally posted by acohen527 View Post
                      The Falcons are RED HOT! What a few weeks it has been. I haven't been able to watch too much, but from what I've seen this looks like a completely different team. The current lines Soder has set up are working beautifully, and the flow and consistency of our play is better than I've seen in awhile. Looks like those underclassmen finally got up to speed! Pelino has also been outstanding, bouncing back from a rough start. Hopefully we don't lose the spark during the break and can come out with a strong second half!
                      Agreed with all of the above. The Falcons will be tested hard on their return in January with the home and home games against the NU Huskies, with the best PWR in Hockey East so far this season, albeit that conference is a shadow of its usual self, with only NU, PC, and BC ranked high enough for the NCAAs at 12, 13, and 14 in PWR heading into the break.

Comment

Hard to believe that we have an official date... Just five short years ago we were wide eyed freshmen, wondering where Bentley's on campus rink was. Happy for next years class and all future prospective students who can marvel at this new centerpiece of campus!

@BentleyTopShelf

Comment

Hope that our Falcons are studying hard game tapes for the upcoming NU home and home matchup. Bentley bringing third longest current winning streak in Div 1, and NU bringing number 1 PWR in HE.

Comment

As an NU fan mindful of recent history, the very thought of Bentley is enough to ruin my otherwise joyous holidays.
                            Last edited by Split-N; 12-28-2017, 08:13 AM.
                            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                              As an NU fan mindful of recent history, the very thought of Bentley is enough to ruin my otherwise joyous holiday thoughts.
                              It has turned into a great HE-AHA rivalry, with many Bentley fans secretly hoping for an invite to join HE with our new arena, I think.

Comment

Hopefully the long break didn't kill all the momentum that ended 2017! We'll find out tonight as we begin a big home and home this weekend, with the JAR hosts its final OOC game tonight. We've had Northeastern's number to a small extent the last decade or so, but they look strong and are returning several key players from injury. Looking forward to attending my first game as an alumni!

@BentleyTopShelf

Comment

Working...
                                X