• Holy Cross Joining Hockey East For 2018-2019 Season

Seems like it's been rumored for a while now, and here we are:

http://www.uscho.com/2017/05/02/holy...t-for-2018-19/
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Re: Holy Cross Joining Hockey East For 2018-2019 Season

And fire back up the HC-to-men's HEA rumor engine.

In all seriousness, welcome aboard Crusaders.
    https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Here is the official announcement by HC and Hockey East - http://www.goholycross.com/ViewArtic...CLID=211580735
      "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

I can't blame CHC for going with WHEA, but it does severely damage the chances of a women's AHC forming anytime soon.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Cupcake-o-rama for HE. Of course the wcha lost it's 4th best team, so the wcha got a little sweeter too. I doubt the teams scheduled in place of the sue will be as tough as they could be.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
            I can't blame CHC for going with WHEA, but it does severely damage the chances of a women's AHC forming anytime soon.

Powers &8^]
            Is Sacred Heart still independent?

Plus, the AHC referees already work CHA.

Comment

Powers &8^]
              Women's AHC = CHA. It's essentially the same thing even if all the teams are not identical. They even have the same commissioner. The only difference is the CHA doesn't want to change their name.
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                Women's AHC = CHA. It's essentially the same thing even if all the teams are not identical. They even have the same commissioner. The only difference is the CHA doesn't want to change their name.
                Really? The AHC has 11 schools. The CHA has six. Of the 11 AHC schools, three are in the CHA: RIT, Robert Morris, and Mercyhurst. Most of the other AHC schools don't have a women's program. Sacred Heart does, but has refused to join CHA. The other three CHA schools are one Big Ten, and two that don't have men's teams.
                "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

Comment

Originally posted by Arafel View Post
                  Really? The AHC has 11 schools. The CHA has six. Of the 11 AHC schools, three are in the CHA: RIT, Robert Morris, and Mercyhurst. Most of the other AHC schools don't have a women's program. Sacred Heart does, but has refused to join CHA. The other three CHA schools are one Big Ten, and two that don't have men's teams.
                  And just what would the Women's AHC makeup be? All the CHA schools. Like I said, they are virtually the same except in name.
                  Russell Jaslow

Comment

And just what would the Women's AHC makeup be? All the CHA schools. Like I said, they are virtually the same except in name.
                    Women's AHC would be three of the current CHA schools, plus schools that haven't started a women's team, like Bentley, Canisius, Air Force, Army, and then add Sacred Heart.

Comment

Women's AHC would be three of the current CHA schools, plus schools that haven't started a women's team, like Bentley, Canisius, Air Force, Army, and then add Sacred Heart.
                      Agree. If that happens. But it never will. Ergo, I go back to what I said. :-)

The CHA is essentially run like a Women's AHC -- same commissioner, same league office, same refs (essentially), same SID. Just different name...
                      Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 05-02-2017, 08:43 PM.
                      Russell Jaslow

Comment

The CHA is essentially run like a Women's AHC -- same commissioner, same league office, same refs (essentially), same SID. Just different name...
                        Don't discount the name. Branding matters. And if both conferences were the same, there'd be added pressure on schools to align their squads into the same conference.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Don't discount the name. Branding matters. And if both conferences were the same, there'd be added pressure on schools to align their squads into the same conference.

Powers &8^]
                          I agree. That's why the push a few years ago to rename the CHA to WAHC failed.

I was just commenting on the comment about starting up a Women's AHC. In essence, one already exists... But that does not discount your points.
                          Russell Jaslow

Comment

Crusaders no more?

http://www.wbjournal.com/article/201...usaders-mascot
                            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Did Sacred Heart actually turn down an offer to join? My understanding is that they want to join a conference, and soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X