2018 USA Olympic Women's Hockey Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
    Your mother is finished trimming the crust off your Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwich, but you’ll have to pick up your Star Wars toys off your bedroom floor if you want to watch Star Trek while you have lunch, she want to vacuum your bedroom floor.
    Are you drunk
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      Are you drunk
      Drunk, demented, just plain stupid....pick your poison when it comes to peckerchecker.

Comment

you need to get together with shelfit and figure out if coming from D3 is good or bad
        Obviously my recent posts about the very capable and highly respected Plattsburgh coach leave no room for doubt regarding how I feel about D3 coaching. Clearly twointhebox feels differently about the former D3 player in question. How you aren't capable of picking up on the obvious is anyone's guess. What a tough time you must have living in a perpetual state of confusion.

Comment

• Re: 2018 USA Olympic Women's Hockey Team

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
          It's possible Stauber, being just a former Goalie and having little experience as a head coach could be screwing up what was a good thing?

But its also possible that he's been involved with the team since 2010, only as an assistant until last year, but maybe he knows the players and knows what was needed?

Conspiracy theory? All the people bashing him on here are doing so in part because they know if the US team wins Gold finally, they can claim they did so in spite of his being the coach? lol

Seems to me former Gopher's make good Olympic hockey coaches, seeing as they led over 50% of the Men's Medal winning teams since 1956.
          Yes
          No
          Yes
          Meaningless statistic.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
            Obviously my recent posts about the very capable and highly respected Plattsburgh coach leave no room for doubt regarding how I feel about D3 coaching. Clearly twointhebox feels differently about the former D3 player in question. How you aren't capable of picking up on the obvious is anyone's guess. What a tough time you must have living in a perpetual state of confusion.
            they sell battery operated devices that can cure your problem, I saw one at the mall, it came with two D batteries, so I think it could even work for you

Some people may see an inconsistency in saying the director of the women's program is unqualified because of her D3 background while saying a coach from D3 is perfectly qualified

maybe after you use the device you can get back to us and explain why it isn't an inconsistency
            Last edited by pokechecker; 12-27-2017, 12:12 PM. Reason: better than a cucumber is what I hear

Comment

they sell battery operated devices that can cure your problem, I saw one at the mall, it came with two D batteries, so I think it could even work for you

Some people may see an inconsistency in saying the director of the women's program is unqualified because of her D3 background while saying a coach from D3 is perfectly qualified

maybe after you use the device you can get back to us and explain why it isn't an inconsistency
              I can see where using a flashlight would be more illuminating for someone like you, but I can see the points made about D3 coaches and players clearly enough without one. You continue to be the only confused person here. Such a shame really. I sometimes feel sorry for you, but then the feeling passes just like gas. Stick to what you're best at....being a peckerchecker.

Comment

Yeah, a flashlight might be a better choice, it might help you to discover something you didn’t know was in there, maybe you’ll find somebody or something, perhaps both, I am sure there is plenty of room.

One point in Stauber’s favor is at least he didn’t make the same mistake Stone did and give some BS reason why he cut some players and kept others. He has said nothing as far as I can tell. In fact the only thing I am aware of is that last fall he said he valued creativity.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/audio/...-sid-and-dave/ see Sunday 12-24

It was certainly creative the way some of the US blue liners skated from the neutral zone back into the defensive zone in St. Paul, drawing Canadians out of the neutral zone in hot pursuit, I assume to make it easier then for the US to advance through the neutral zone and gain the offensive zone. That Canada forced the blue liner to cough up the puck and get a good shot on goal shouldn’t shed a negative light upon it, I’m sure US players are new to this revolutionary tactic, certainly by the time they get to Korea they will have it perfected. It was certainly creative, something that I’ve never seen before except by the Little Chippers who come out to play between periods at college hockey games

Comment

• Boo, hiss, what a lame and predictable comeback attempt. I'm bored, unchalleged, and done with you now peckerchecker.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    Yes
                    No
                    Yes
                    Meaningless statistic.
                    It's about as meaningless/relevant as Stauber being a Goalie is meaningless/relevant in regards to whether or not he can coach or not.

Comment

Boo, hiss, what a lame and predictable comeback attempt. I'm bored, unchalleged, and done with you now peckerchecker.
                      I'd help you if you want to learn how to put some deserving someone on the ignore list. In the one case I have done it the list has improved the site a great deal.

Comment

It's about as meaningless/relevant as Stauber being a Goalie is meaningless/relevant in regards to whether or not he can coach or not.
                        Tim made his case against Stauber back last spring before the US won the Women's World. His main complaint was the color of sweater Rob wore during his NCAA career. He was quiet after the US won but the recent run of loses to Canada have given him hope that he can see an ex-Gopher fail in a competition every US coach has failed for since 1998.

Comment

• Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                          I'd help you if you want to learn how to put some deserving someone on the ignore list. In the one case I have done it the list has improved the site a great deal.
                          Sure, I would appreciate that. Thanks!

Comment

Sure, I would appreciate that. Thanks!
                            Don't waste another minute! Fan forum>Log in>my settings>my account>Edit Ignore List

Comment

Seems to me former Gopher's make good Olympic hockey coaches, seeing as they led over 50% of the Men's Medal winning teams since 1956.
                              Who coached any team to any level of success in 1956 is irrelevant to what kind of coach any coach is today, that is all I mean by that. I hate stats like team X hasn't won city Y in 13 years when the entire roster has turned over twice and team X is on their 3 GM and coach in 13 years. What happened 13 years ago to team X in city Y means nothing to why team X can or cannot win in city Y today with the current GM/coaches/players.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                                Tim made his case against Stauber back last spring before the US won the Women's World. His main complaint was the color of sweater Rob wore during his NCAA career. He was quiet after the US won but the recent run of loses to Canada have given him hope that he can see an ex-Gopher fail in a competition every US coach has failed for since 1998.
                                You are a very knowledgeable hockey fan. Make the case that Stauber is as qualified as Johnson or Stone.

Despite what I believe is a lack of experience as a head coach, I was and always will be cheering for the US to win the gold medal, no matter who the coach is. Stauber seemed to be doing a fine job (and proving me wrong) up until the decision to abandon the centralization concept and bring in more players, which seems to have lead to a streak of poor play and loses to our arch rival that are concerning, leading many people, just not me, to question or re-question his ability. Obviously he's not going anywhere and I certainly hope they get their act together destroy the competition in a few months.

So for the record, yes, I deeply loathe rodentsota in every single sport, but in international play, we're all on the same team and all wearing the right colors. On USA!

Comment

Working...
                                X