2018 USA Olympic Women's Hockey Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    You might be onto something there...either that or you're on something...
    Lol, yes indeed. I'm on a little substance called "common sense" and I supplement that with a dash of "logic" for good measure.

Comment

• Re: 2018 USA Olympic Women's Hockey Team

Originally posted by Arafel View Post
      The more I think on this, the more I wonder if this isn't some sort of retribution for the boycott in March.
      If that was the case, wouldn't they have cut players who have been the face of the team for longer, like Duggan or the Lam's? If I look for some angle other than a conspiracy theory, then I'd conclude that the desire was to get faster.

Hopefully, the players learn from 2006. Happy or not, this is their roster and their Olympic experience. Just as when someone gets hurt, you have to focus on who you have, not who you don't have. We can all blame the coach, but I've also seen poor execution from the players of late. Players have to play well, no matter who is behind the bench.

Ben Smith was an odd duck, but he certainly wasn't the worst coach I've encountered in women's hockey. If I'm wrong and he was, then more power to him and the '98 team for winning gold despite that.
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

If anyone thinks Stauber's resume is weak, check out GM Reagan Carey's. Whoever hired her for this job should be fired. She has zero history in player evaluation and zero history in leadership management at this high of a level. I have no idea how she decided to fire Klee after all the success he had.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...Ax_B9NKFHf3Wbj
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

This program should never see a college coach again. They all have there own recruiting agendas or they bring players on that played for them that would not have made the team otherwise. The program suffers more with college coaches involved. History should make us all wiser.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockey Recap View Post
            This program should never see a college coach again. They all have there own recruiting agendas or they bring players on that played for them that would not have made the team otherwise. The program suffers more with college coaches involved. History should make us all wiser.
            Who then?
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              If anyone thinks Stauber's resume is weak, check out GM Reagan Carey's. Whoever hired her for this job should be fired. She has zero history in player evaluation and zero history in leadership management at this high of a level. I have no idea how she decided to fire Klee after all the success he had.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...Ax_B9NKFHf3Wbj
              Do you know these people personally? Reagan was the GM in 2014. That team that was assembled was a great team and should have won the Gold. The team was talented enough. Was it Reagan Carey's fault they lost. It was the players fault. They failed to match Canada's intensity in the last four minutes. Let let this thing play out.

Comment

Your post makes my post about the Plattsburgh coach even smarter of a decision because there's no way a D3 player or recruit would/should ever be considered for the Olympic team, so no conflict of interest, which means the coach would be focused on having the players that best fit the Olympic team's needs and on trying to play to win Gold. Very simple.

I think it would be awesome to see him win the Gold compared to other D1 coaches that have failed to do so. He definitely has more than enough respect in his field from players and coaches alike. I can't imagine the Olympic players not listening to him.

After he wins at the Olympics he can then run for and win the next Presidential election. He would be a big improvement over the current clown in the Oval Office. See I've got it all figured out.
                Last edited by shelfit; 12-21-2017, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                  Your post makes my post about the Plattsburgh coach even smarter of a decision because there's no way a D3 player or recruit would/should ever be considered for the Olympic team, so no conflict of interest, which means the coach would be focused on having the players that best fit the Olympic team's needs and on trying to play to win Gold. Very simple.

I think it would be awesome to see him win the Gold compared to other D1 coaches that have failed to do so. He definitely has more than enough respect in his field from players and coaches alike. I can't imagine the Olympic players not listening to him.

After he wins at the Olympics he can then run for and win the next Presidential election. He would be a big improvement over the current clown in the Oval Office. See I've got it all figured out.
                  What are the 2018 Olympic Teams Needs? Educate us.

Comment

Not the brightest bulb in the chandelier are ya?! It's up to any coach to put together the players he or she feels would give the team its best chance to win, period. He's proven over and over again that he knows how to do that all too well. Keep it simple. No politics. No other agenda like the D1 coaches were accused of having. In terms of educating you, we're talking about only one Olympic team here, so it's "Team's needs," not "Teams Needs." There, you're a bit brighter now. Lol. Too easy!
                    Last edited by shelfit; 12-21-2017, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey Recap View Post
                      need #1: set a roster of 20 skaters and 3 goaltenders so everyone thinks they are in the olympics
                      need #2: dump Alex Carpenter so they quit taking their spot for granted

Comment

Originally posted by ktdc View Post
                        Need #2: Dump alex carpenter so they quit taking their spot for granted
                        bingo
                        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                          need #1: set a roster of 20 skaters and 3 goaltenders so everyone thinks they are in the olympics
                          need #2: dump Alex Carpenter so they quit taking their spot for granted
                          I don't think complacency is an issue. All but a few played through the pain of the last Olympics and even the one before that. All the in between Olympics World tourney wins are meaningless compared to the Olympics. They all know that. They are all ultra competitive.

I don't think college coaches are a problem. The players on the team are already either in college or post college, so what agenda do they have that is screwing the team? They failed under Stone and Johnson, but all the game and player management and player skill evaluation experience is a huge asset. I'd take either one of those again over Stauber just based on that alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey Recap View Post
                            Do you know these people personally? Reagan was the GM in 2014. That team that was assembled was a great team and should have won the Gold. The team was talented enough. Was it Reagan Carey's fault they lost. It was the players fault. They failed to match Canada's intensity in the last four minutes. Let let this thing play out.
                            One great performance doesn't make her a great GM. The way this is playing out so far is not a good look based on how they have managed personnel by not staying true to their evaluation system, the results of the last games have not been good, and based on his results, why ditch Klee? Compare hers to Jim Johannson's resume. She might qualify as his office assistant's assistant.

Comment

There hasn’t been this much controversy since Herb Brooks picked his 1980 team.
                              If this D3 Flatulenceburgh coach is so great, why hasn’t one of the D1 schools hired him?
                              Does anybody know what happened to Klee or are we just going with he was fired?
                              Haven’t they won both the tournaments they have been in with Stauber as the head coach?

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                                If that was the case, wouldn't they have cut players who have been the face of the team for longer, like Duggan or the Lam's? If I look for some angle other than a conspiracy theory, then I'd conclude that the desire was to get faster.

Hopefully, the players learn from 2006. Happy or not, this is their roster and their Olympic experience. Just as when someone gets hurt, you have to focus on who you have, not who you don't have. We can all blame the coach, but I've also seen poor execution from the players of late. Players have to play well, no matter who is behind the bench.

Ben Smith was an odd duck, but he certainly wasn't the worst coach I've encountered in women's hockey. If I'm wrong and he was, then more power to him and the '98 team for winning gold despite that.
                                As I stated yesterday on Twitter, if I'm right and some of this is punishment for March, they can't go after the obvious players like Duggan and Knight who led the charge. But making everybody miserable, keeping players on edge, cutting the leading scorer from the 2014 team and the top defenseman on that team just two months ahead of the Games, yes, that strikes me as sabotage.
                                "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

Working...
                                X