2018 USA Olympic Women's Hockey Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 USA Olympic Women's Hockey Team

One has to seriously question the wisdom of informing the affected players so far in advance of was supposed to be the formal announcement date of January 1. Why not let them enjoy their Holiday with family and friends? Surely the coaches and team's management must have known that the news would leak out...
    Last edited by D2D; 12-21-2017, 10:33 AM.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
      One has to seriously question the wisdom of informing the affected players so far in advance of was supposed to be the formal announcement date of January 1. Why not let them enjoy their Holiday with family and friends? Surely the coaches and team's management must have known that the news would leak out...
      maybe they thought the earlier they tell them, the earlier they can make plans to go to China
      Last edited by pokechecker; 12-21-2017, 11:08 AM. Reason: let the 2nd guessing begin! oh, it already has

Comment

The more I think on this, the more I wonder if this isn't some sort of retribution for the boycott in March. If not, it's just utter incompetence from Stauber. It makes no sense on the face of it. Look at the facts:

- U.S. defeats Canada and wins women's worlds in April, bringing new attention to game after successful player boycott
        - U.S. sweeps Canada twice and also defeats Sweden and Finland in Four Nations Cup early November, looks dominant.
        - Stauber announces player additions shortly thereafter, rumors of players all being on edge.
        - U.S. hasn't defeated Canada since.

I'm beginning to think there is a lot more going on.
        "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

News has spread to the local paper here.

Report: Ex-Gopher Megan Bozek will be cut from Olympic team
          http://www.startribune.com/report-fo...m_mid=66008521
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I see a repeat of 2006.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Arafel View Post
              The more I think on this, the more I wonder if this isn't some sort of retribution for the boycott in March. If not, it's just utter incompetence from Stauber. It makes no sense on the face of it. Look at the facts:

- U.S. defeats Canada and wins women's worlds in April, bringing new attention to game after successful player boycott
              - U.S. sweeps Canada twice and also defeats Sweden and Finland in Four Nations Cup early November, looks dominant.
              - Stauber announces player additions shortly thereafter, rumors of players all being on edge.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. It couldn't be his lack of experience as a head coach showing, could it?
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Arafel View Post

Didn't USAH do the same to Cammi (Ferraro) Granato in the lead up to 2006?
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Didn't USAH do the same to Cammi (Ferraro) Granato in the lead up to 2006?
                  Yes, yes they did. Ben Smith is currently known as the worst head coach in women's hockey. He's about to be supplanted.
                  "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

42 people looking at this thread, is that a USCHO women's message board record?
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. It couldn't be his lack of experience as a head coach showing, could it?
                      Do you think he alone is the decision maker in this case? If it is what Arafel is implying, then doesn't it stand to reason that this is more than just Stauber's decision?
                      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        42 people looking at this thread, is that a USCHO women's message board record?
                        Nah... we get that number pretty regularly on Selection Sunday

FWIW I don't think any of this has to do with the boycott. Just the impression I've gotten from people around the situation who would be incentivized to think so.
                        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          Combined with his lack of experience in women's hockey?!?! No, it couldn't possibly be either or both of those things! Lol. Like I keep saying, as long as he wins Gold all will be fine. If not, to the gallows with him!

There are so many other EXPERIENCED coaches that should have had the head coaching job including college coaches from D1 to D3. The Plattsburgh coach comes to mind as just one of many examples of a FAR SUPERIOR and much MORE DESERVING candidate, but maybe he's smart enough to not want the headache or to have to answer to the internal politics of USA Hockey.
                          Last edited by shelfit; 12-21-2017, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                            but maybe he's smart enough to not want the headache or to have to answer to the internal politics of USA Hockey.
                            You might be onto something there...either that or you're on something...
                            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Anyone see the last game in San Jose? Carpenter always seems to contribute. She can snipe! The box score shows goose eggs across the board for her in every category. I know it's only 1 game but it's pretty unusual for her. Injury? Unrelated, but I wonder how Noora Raty's country will Finnish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Genbeau View Post
                                Anyone see the last game in San Jose? Carpenter always seems to contribute. She can snipe! The box score shows goose eggs across the board for her in every category. I know it's only 1 game but it's pretty unusual for her. Injury? Unrelated, but I wonder how Noora Raty's country will Finnish.
                                Not sure how much ice time she was getting by the end. Don’t think it was much. Maybe that’s the reason for the 0’s? It would be cool if there was time on ice stats.

Comment

Working...
                                X