X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 USA Olympic Women's Hockey Team

Originally posted by twointhebox View Post
    Final cuts are in: Bozak and Carpenter
    Well at least they didn't cut Megan Bozek. That would have been really dumb. Didn't know there was a Bozak on the team though.
    "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

• Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
      Well at least they didn't cut Megan Bozek. That would have been really dumb. Didn't know there was a Bozak on the team though.
      Feel free to dwell in the typo and not the content

Comment

• Originally posted by twointhebox View Post
        If this is true it comes as a surprise to me. Carpenter had not been scoring but she has been a huge scorer in the past. I question where the scoring is going to come from? The D and goaltending have no margin for error vs Canada. Best of luck to USA women who made it.

Comment

I don't want to be a complete jerk here... but how has Pelkey even gotten a cup of coffee with this team
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            I don't want to be a complete jerk here... but how has Pelkey even gotten a cup of coffee with this team
            first, where is news of who is cut?, USA Hockey is a fail as far as navigating their website, ever hear of contrasting colors?? I'm sure someone here will say they think it's great, most likley one of my fellow MN fans, well, you are as stupid as the person who designed the site

I am as shocked as anyone that Carpenter is cut, but FWIW, Pelkey looked like somebody who actually cared about the outcome of the game in StP, not that Carpenter didn't, it looked like many of the team were going thru the motions but not really caring about the outcome

Comment

• Originally posted by twointhebox View Post
              Do you have a written source? Or just heard from someone in the know?

Comment

From what I've seen the roster will be announced on Jan 1st and it also looks like the team is on a break as of today. Maybe decisions were made and those being cut were told?
                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                  Do you have a written source?
                  There are definitely no written sources out there about this.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                    Got it. Guess he or she is just in the know. Well the pressure is on USA to win it all now, after this unusual centralization process. Happy for Skarupa, Barnes and Morin I guess. They would have benefited from a full centralization but I bet they are just thrilled to be on the team.

No doubt Carpenter consoled former BC linemate Skarupa after she was left off the centralization roster. Now the tables have turned, if the reported cuts are accurate. Just a weird process this year.

Turning my eye to the Canadian side where I am reallllly rooting for Bailey Bram to make it, after being cut from the centralized roster in 2014. She was active on the pk last game in Edmonton, so I have to think she is still in the hunt for a spot.

Comment

Originally posted by HNIF View Post
                      If this is true it comes as a surprise to me. Carpenter had not been scoring but she has been a huge scorer in the past. I question where the scoring is going to come from? The D and goaltending have no margin for error vs Canada. Best of luck to USA women who made it.
                      Hannah Brandt will score a goal or a nice assist in the gold medal game, assuming USA is in the gold medal game!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                        Message sent, btw... hopefully it didn't go in your junk folder

Ok just got the response.
                        Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 12-21-2017, 09:24 AM.

Comment

I know I'm biased but this really doesn't make any sense. How do you cut Carpenter?

I don't really know enough to care that much about Bozek's but that seems goofy too. What are we missing here?

It almost feels like a bizarre misdirection campaign for them to throw a curveball on New Year's, but there's no reason to do it.

EDIT: For all we know, twointhebox could just be making this up entirely, but there's another rando on Twitter baffled that Bozek is cut, and in this small community of people, where there's smoke coming from randos, those randos tend to be people in the know.
                          Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 12-21-2017, 09:47 AM.

Comment

I have trouble believing that they cut Carpenter. We'll see, but that just makes no sense to me.
                            "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

Originally posted by Arafel View Post
                              I have trouble believing that they cut Carpenter. We'll see, but that just makes no sense to me.
                              You are not alone in that...

Comment

http://www.grandforksherald.com/spor...-hockey-roster There you go

Comment

Working...
                                X