Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
    "last knight" ?!?! Crimmanies Bill, even his calendar has a badger bias
    Just recognizing the defending NCAA Champions.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: 2018 USA Olympic Women's Hockey Team

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
      Keller reminds me of Rachel Ramsey in that when she is good she is very, very good, but on occasion she will make an ill-advised pass or decision. But, like Ramsey she almost always is able to cover up for any mistakes she might make. I think she is the best all-around defender the USA has.
      Well, I recall first hearing about Keller a couple years ago on this forum. It was said at that time that sharks have a Megan Keller Week.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
        Most teams in the NHL (and MLB for that matter) have video review experts up in a booth somewhere looking at replays (even if the benches also have access to video). They then radio down to the bench to suggest either review or not. I got to think the Olympic teams do the same.
        Makes sense to me. But if that's the case then you would think that Campbell would know that. It's not like she doesn't have ties to the team through which tidbits like this would be available to her.

Then again there are no overhead cams above the goals so who knows what these teams have access to during an Olympics tournament?
        Last edited by Blackbeard; 02-15-2018, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
          Well, I recall first hearing about Keller a couple years ago on this forum. It was said at that time that sharks have a Megan Keller Week.
          lA+
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

I remember JLam scoring on Noora on a breakaway where she did a 360 and admitting that she'd have looked like an idiot if the move hadn't worked. She didn't execute the move as well as she could have last night, but I didn't see it as being a hotdog; she just knew that some vanilla move wasn't likely to work on that goalie. She likely used her No. 1 move when she scored on the breakaway off the faceoff against OAR, so she thought she needed to try something else. She got off a quality shot, but LaCasse stopped it. She stopped a lot of other shots, too. Great goalies tend to do things like that. At least JLam isn't scared of the moment, because a lot of players would be. I'm fine with her taking the PS, and I'd be fine with her taking the next one. I think some people need to get over the fact that a couple of teenage girls decided they wanted to go to college in their home town. Let it go.

I agree that Coyne has been terrific, but she's been carrying that line. When did Knight get so easy to knock off her skates? Coyne has gotten better, Decker has maybe maintained, but I think she's regressed a bit, and Knight? I wish she had been as much of a non-factor back in her Badger days.

All of the talk of forwards won't matter much if the Canadian goalie outplays the US goalie by a similar margin. People will say that it was a bad scheme, and too much regrouping, yada, yada, yada. The bottom line is that they had a ton of quality chances, but just didn't convert.
            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
              The bottom line is that they had a ton of quality chances, but just didn't convert.
              Yep, you're not going to win many hockey games if you score just one goal. But if you outshoot the other team 45-23 in the rematch, you have to like your chances.
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                On the back door last knight at the end of the game she tried to launch it to Mars instead of just tapping or wristing it in. Coyne is the best player in the tourney hands down.
                Bingo on both. Knight's attempt drove me knutty! My exact quote last knight, "Why the he.. didn't she just tap the dam thing in?" On the positive side that line is certainly due for a huge game or two.
                "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                  I remember JLam scoring on Noora on a breakaway where she did a 360 and admitting that she'd have looked like an idiot if the move hadn't worked.
                  You're psychic...and not following along. I posted that video for T-Cubed earlier today on this thread and alluded to her comments, that you referred to, in her post game interview.

Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj7jpz6KS-o

Comment

I said it in another thread and I'll say it here, the US has already lost the gold. There has been SO much press on the loss 4 years ago that there is no way they will be loose enough to play fast and win the gold. They will be tight and afraid to make mistakes, and they have an advantage in goal.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I said it in another thread and I'll say it here, the US has already lost the gold. There has been SO much press on the loss 4 years ago that there is no way they will be loose enough to play fast and win the gold. They will be tight and afraid to make mistakes, and they have an advantage in goal.
                      I, on the other hand, predict the return of the Harlem Globetrotters-style weave, for minutes at a time, changing lines on the fly as easily as Curley Neal flipping a pass through his legs to Meadowlark Lemon...until Canadia is lulled into inattention and the US pops a long pass to Coyne flying into the offensive zone. 3-1 US.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
                        I, on the other hand, predict the return of the Harlem Globetrotters-style weave, for minutes at a time, changing lines on the fly as easily as Curley Neal flipping a pass through his legs to Meadowlark Lemon...until Canadia is lulled into inattention and the US pops a long pass to Coyne flying into the offensive zone. 3-1 US.
                        I think this is a one goal game either way. I know, not flashy or fun.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
                          I'm looking forward to seeing a US player chase a Canadian player all over the ice with the classic bucket full of....confetti!

Comment

I said it in another thread and I'll say it here, the US rolls 4-1
                            Fixed your post. GO USA USA USA
                            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

there is no way they will be loose enough to play fast and win the gold. They will be tight and afraid to make mistakes, and they have an advantage in goal.
                              I assume the last "they" refers to OAC. Is that correct?

And I think that quote from Knight is hilarious...it might be what Stauber is telling his team and wanting them to believe but what nonsense. At the very least the pressure is on each team equally. And, if not, then certainly more is on OAUS. I think that to think otherwise is to completely ignore the Olympic history of these two teams not to mention the last few minutes of the last Olympic Gold Medal Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                                I assume the last "they" refers to OAC. Is that correct?

And I think that quote from Knight is hilarious...it might be what Stauber is telling his team and wanting them to believe but what nonsense. At the very least the pressure is on each team equally. And, if not, then certainly more is on OAUS. I think that to think otherwise is to completely ignore the Olympic history of these two teams not to mention the last few minutes of the last Olympic Gold Medal Game.
                                by "OAC" do you mean Canada? they are just called team canada. similarly, USA is just called team USA, not OAUS. they are not in the same doping situation as Russia, which the IOC has banned from being represented under their nation as Russia. Hence, "OAR" is the designation for the russians under the olympic athletes umbrella.

http://time.com/5141549/oar-team-win...s-2018-russia/

i think that "they" refers to team USA.

I just cannot think team USA will lose again to schuler. not 2 games in a row at the Olympics. and certainly not the past 5. Rooney has proven to be extremely capable and if decker can score then it's over.

Comment

Working...
                                X