• Originally posted by Genbeau View Post
    Granty (Grammy already taken)
    Posty??
    Thready??
    Fanny???! That's my favorite!

Comment

• Re: 2018 USA Olympic Women's Hockey Team

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      I agree, but there will be no way to quantify it. If they don't win gold with her not being there will it only be a small part of the story with how each game played out being the main points of discussion.
      And if they win without her, then what? Will Stauber be seen as a very courageous risk taking genius? lol

Comment

I wonder how much competition "Team NWHL" can provide as the Olympic Team prepares for SOCHI?

Tickets on Sale for U.S. Women's National Team Exhibition Games Against Team NWHL
        http://teamusa.usahockey.com/news_ar...rer_id=2389107
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
          I wonder how much competition "Team NWHL" can provide as the Olympic Team prepares for SOCHI?

Tickets on Sale for U.S. Women's National Team Exhibition Games Against Team NWHL
          http://teamusa.usahockey.com/news_ar...rer_id=2389107
          Is Carpenter playing for NWHL?
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Arafel View Post
            I still can't figure out on what planet Amanda Pelkey makes the team over Alex Carpenter, unless Stauber wants more defensive zone turnovers.
            It's pretty obvious that Carpenter or Bozek didn't get released because of talent. There has to be more to this than bad decision making by the USA staff.
            Last edited by ICEBOX; 01-06-2018, 05:00 PM.
            USA WOMENS HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Is Carpenter playing for NWHL?
              Haha, no she is CWHL this year. One of the Chinese teams.

Comment

Ot
                Last edited by ne7minder; 01-07-2018, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Next up is Canada, which should be super motivated after losing their opener to Russia. Game time is 6:30am CT, 7:30 ET.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                    Not really the Olympics but I didn't want to start a new thread for the U18 championship.
                    Another time, just start a thread. When it is a meaningful topic with a decent level of interest, a dedicated thread is deserved. As it is, we'll just get U-18 posts scattered through other threads as people can't find any one place where their comments belong.
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Catching up on some old email/articles after my recent Florida vacation:

Eight with Minnesota ties make U.S. women's Olympic hockey team
                      http://www.startribune.com/eight-wit...m_mid=66893257

Comment

USA U18's are tied with Canada 1-1 after one. Live stream here:

https://youtu.be/4H74PpCNeYo

Comment

Canada playing their best game of the tournament, USA not so much. 3-1 Canada after two.

Comment

Putin must be angry at the US. Maybe we are getting fake streaming. I wonder if Canadian citizens will be seen as undesirables after this game. NAFTA could really be in trouble now.

What next, Mexico moves ahead of the US in international rankings at the U 18 level.

Maybe there are some really strong Haitian players which the US could look at.

Oh well, back to eating Oreos and milk.

Comment

On the strength of some dubious calls by the referees, USA comes back to tie it at 3-3. Now going to OT.

Comment

Oh goodie, a shootout (despite the W)
                                Well, it is fake in that an international tournament makes no sense, maybe someone can explain why a “tournament” at the international level is structured the way it is. I guess the Euro’s think it is fairer than an elimination tournament.
                                It makes no sense, in North America it is simple and straight forward, an elimination, the team that prevails is the champ. IOW, if you lose, you lose. There is no second chance.
                                At the international level both here and in the Olympics, if you lose you get a second chance. But not like in a double elimination tournament, which is the way it works in North America. In international play your second chance absolves everything that happens before, it doesn’t matter how well or how bad you played before, those results are thrown out, it all boils down to the final two games, the previous games are meaningless.
                                In double elimination if the undefeated team is to be vanquished they need to be defeated twice, not just once. In international play you can be the champ despite having a worse record than teams you supposedly prevailed over. This is fair?

Comment

Working...
                                X