X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 USA Olympic Women's Hockey Team

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    So not as much of a collegiate drop off as was in 2014
    We still have Canada to wait for, (and maybe one or two other countries centralize too, right?)... but it doesn't feel like there will be as many missing.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Pankowski
      I'm guessing Potomak from MN will be on Team Canada

Comment

Originally posted by drewkal View Post
        I'm guessing Potomak from MN will be on Team Canada
        And Emily Clark of Wisconsin.

Comment

... and order has been restored to the universe.
          Last edited by pokechecker; 05-05-2017, 02:23 PM. Reason: reversal of Katie Stone's mistake

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
            ... and order has been restored to the universe.
            Julie Chu tried out again?!?!?!!
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Hensley (who I forgot earlier), Rigsby, and Rooney is a nice goaltending trio.

Jincy Dunne's light is not shinning as brightly these days. Feel Bad for Skarupa...

Zippo Harvard representation and for that matter no ECAC representation as far as I can tell

I'm a midwestern elitist and I approve this team.
              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                Hensley (who I forgot earlier), Rigsby, and Rooney is a nice goaltending trio.

Jincy Dunne's light is not shinning as brightly these days. Feel Bad for Skarupa...

Zippo Harvard representation and for that matter no ECAC representation as far as I can tell

I'm a midwestern elitist and I approve this team.
                Seems like the same team or very close that represented the US at the World Championship. As for Jincy Dunne, she is 19 and coming back from an injury that kept her out of action for almost two years. Her star will shine brightly this year for the Buckeyes. I would suspect that she is targeted for the 2022 team.

Comment

I think the biggest surprise here is the cutting of Boston College graduate. Kelly Stack.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey Recap View Post
                    I think the biggest surprise here is the cutting of Boston College graduate. Kelly Stack.
                    Stack and Skarupa have to be the two big ones, no?

Skarupa was snubbed in Sochi too. Feel awful for her. Trying to put away my maroon and gold glasses, but she was lighting it up in the NWHL too. I can't believe she didn't make it.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                      Stack and Skarupa have to be the two big ones, no?

Skarupa was snubbed in Sochi too. Feel awful for her. Trying to put away my maroon and gold glasses, but she was lighting it up in the NWHL too. I can't believe she didn't make it.
                      I wouldn't put it past the powers that be looking to save some money by dumping a couple of non- college players and substituting gals with college eligibility left who can't make the big money or lose their college eligibility.

Or maybe it's Western bias .
                      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey Recap View Post
                        Oh it's Mutch ado about nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                          Oh it's Mutch ado about nothing.
                          Classy.

Also she was on the team in Sochi, dummy.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                            We still have Canada to wait for, (and maybe one or two other countries centralize too, right?)... but it doesn't feel like there will be as many missing.
                            I didn't think that there was as much top-end talent in the college game this year as we've seen some other years. And it is odd how the ECAC's best are so tilted toward Canadians compared to Hockey East and the WCHA.
                            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                              I didn't think that there was as much top-end talent in the college game this year as we've seen some other years. And it is odd how the ECAC's best are so tilted toward Canadians compared to Hockey East and the WCHA.
                              Is it possible that another reason is that more players are continuing to train and play elite-level hockey even after college graduation than before? I don't know how many players may have gotten jobs and stopped playing in prior Olympic years, but most of this year's team consists of former college players who have continued to train, some using the professional league and others keeping their foot in the door with the Whitecaps.

The new agreement to increase payments to national team players means that fewer players with college eligibility remaining will make the Olympic team in future years.

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
                                .........The new agreement to increase payments to national team players means that fewer players with college eligibility remaining will make the Olympic team in future years.
                                Or when there are two players of equivalent skill, one a collegian and one not, will the powers that be want the coaches to pick the collegian so they can save on money?
                                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Working...
                                X