2018 USA Olympic Women's Hockey Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 USA Olympic Women's Hockey Team

Camp is now underway as the first step toward determining the final roster.
    http://www.mynews13.com/content/news..._ice_hock.html

As previously announced the Head Coach will be Rob Stauber.
    http://www.startribune.com/robb-stau...eam/420928163/

Hilary Knight is the face of U.S. women's hockey (video)
    http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/hil...-womens-hockey
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Re: 2018 USA Olympic Women's Hockey Team

I'm still not convinced Stauber is the right guy just based on overall experience, but uncoached on talent alone this team should make the Gold medal game, so I guess it's not that big of a problem.

Interesting Vetter has come out of retirement. I wonder if she was asked to re-join or just decided she stilled wanted to play hockey and contacted them.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Interesting Vetter has come out of retirement. I wonder if she was asked to re-join or just decided she stilled wanted to play hockey and contacted them.
      When you can finally get paid for the game you love to play and think you can still play at the highest level it is a no brainer.
      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
        When you can finally get paid for the game you love to play and think you can still play at the highest level it is a no brainer.
        Yes, but those tugs of Motherhood can change priorities.

Comment

I'm still not convinced Stauber is the right guy just based on overall experience, but uncoached on talent alone this team should make the Gold medal game, so I guess it's not that big of a problem.

she has played for, and worked with/for Stauber in the past, and the new $$ agreement 'proly is a bit of an incentive too
          the more competition, the better

Comment

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA he played at Minnesota, something MUST be wrong with him. Ignore that fact he has been successful, being a Gopher should exclude him from consideration for any national team. How many gold medals have Wisconsin players and coaches won vs, Minnesota's? Maybe Vetter wants to be coached by a successful goalie & successful coach?

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
              WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA he played at Minnesota, something MUST be wrong with him. Ignore that fact he has been successful, being a Gopher should exclude him from consideration for any national team. How many gold medals have Wisconsin players and coaches won vs, Minnesota's? Maybe Vetter wants to be coached by a successful goalie & successful coach?
              He lost to Harvard when it counted.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                Well, there is NO denying that since he played for the rodents, he is a massively flawed human being, BUT my concern was the fact that he is light on coaching experience, taking off my UW jersey and putting on my team USA jersey. A monkey with one eye and half a tail could coach this team to the gold medal game, so his being light on coaching experience is no big deal.

Comment

Timothy's protests aside, I'm liking what I'm reading about Robb Stauber so far. But in all likelihood, even if he eventually develops into the next Scotty Bowman, his coaching ability will be largely judged on how his team performs in one game next February.

For Robb Stauber, imagination should run wild on U.S. women's hockey team
                  http://www.startribune.com/for-robb-...eam/421095263/

Comment

2017-18 USWNT To Be Announced Live on NHL Network

http://teamusa.usahockey.com/news_ar...rrer_id=695820

Friday at 1pm EDT
                    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                      Timothy's protests aside, I'm liking what I'm reading about Robb Stauber so far. But in all likelihood, even if he eventually develops into the next Scotty Bowman, his coaching ability will be largely judged on how his team performs in one game next February.

For Robb Stauber, imagination should run wild on U.S. women's hockey team
                      http://www.startribune.com/for-robb-...eam/421095263/
                      He did a pretty good job at the world's so we have to give him credit for that win.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                        He did a pretty good job at the world's so we have to give him credit for that win.
                        What do we have 10-12 Former/Current Gophers on the tryout Roster? I hope Rob remembers where he came from before they make the final cut.

Comment

Presumably only half the goalies and half the forwards will make it.

Will they go with experience in goal, or will one of the "youngsters" make it? Interesting that the three you'd think would have the biggest say in that, are all from the WCHA: Stauber(MN), Richter(WI), & Goehring (UND).

The blue line looks like it will be relatively young and inexperienced compared to forward. Eight of the twelve (2/3) were in college or younger for this past season. Only eight of the 24 (1/3) forwards were college or younger this year.

Looks like a tough lineup to crack at forward, eight returning (nine counting Marvin) and I wouldn't bet on any of them not returning for 2018. Even if only 2/3 return from 2014, that only leaves 6 spots for the remaining 15.

Comment

2017-18 USWNT To Be Announced Live on NHL Network
                            http://www.usahockey.com/news_articl...rrer_id=752796

Comment

"I love hockey in a way that I can barely describe."

Not all that interesting, but since everybody's holding his or her breath until tomorrow, and it is the off-season, and no one's posted anything since 9:49 this morning!, I thought I'd perform a public service:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/30/s...ale-judge.html

But isn't that a great statement?
                              Last edited by thirdtime's . . .; 05-04-2017, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X