Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 USA Olympic Women's Hockey Team

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    Would love to watch, but I'm not paying it either.
    I've watched the first two games on HockeyTV. Bought it for one month, just for these games. The only issue with first two games was having to watch them through the netting. It goes all around the arena, not just by the goals, and it was distracting to say the least. They'll be playing in the big arena today, should have a better picture!

I figured the price was no worse, even less than UMD charges up at Amziol Arena, and no driving involved. Will be interesting to see how many are in the stands. The previous games were "sold out" according to the announcers, but the arena looked to have fewer seats than the pole barn Mankato State played in before they moved down the hill to Verizon. Seats on only one of the four sides, none behind either goal or one complete side behind the benches. I'd guess maybe 250 at the most. That'll look really good in an NHL stadium today, eh? And it's a NFL home game for the TB Bucs today. Should be interesting. How come Team USA is based in Tampa, again??

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
      Hey guys, anyone know where to go to stream the final and how much it is? I see the game is at 3:30 today. I’m in the US. I’ve heard different things, would love to hear from someone who actually did stream it previously.

Add my name to the list that are frustrated by the lack of coverage. I appreciate the profiles, but I also tire of them. Wish there was a beat writer, analysis, wish the games were on tv. Maybe one day. I’m sure the selfie stick type social media is not aimed at me, and I don’t care one way or another about it. But, doesn’t the USA do it too?
      I have a live stream of the 4 nations games including today's games (no subscription to MyHockey). Pm me

Comment

Originally posted by Chaffron View Post
        I have a live stream of the 4 nations games including today's games (no subscription to MyHockey). Pm me
        Don't know how to PM you. I'm just curious how you stream the games. I've paid, so no big deal for me to watch today's game.

Comment

Thanks Chaffron, but it’s ok.

The girls are certainly worth $30, and Drewkal made some good points. I’ll pass on today. The choices should not be pirated feed vs $30 for one game. And I get that it’s $30 for 3 games really, but I just don’t have the time to watch all the games, much as I’d like to. I already pay for an add on on my Tv package to get the Blue Jackets, I buy occasional college games, gotta draw a line somewhere. As always, work remains to be done, glad it’s available for the true diehards and family who want to watch. Moving on.

Wonder who will win today? Seriously. I find it so hard to definitively state USA will win. They might be better (don’t know, never get to watch ) but even in the World Championship it came down to OT. Seems like Canada could still be likely to win.

Comment

Anyone have any info on where the Lamoureux twins are? Neither has played in the tournament.

Comment

USA leads Canada 2-0 after two. Hannah Brandt with both of the Americans' goals. In process game summary here: https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/te...ry?gameid=1950
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by drewkal View Post
                Anyone have any info on where the Lamoureux twins are? Neither has played in the tournament.
                Just saw them in the stands on the broadcast. Did not recognize the other player (?) they were sitting with. Commentators said they were scratched just to let some others play. I guess you can do that with so much talent to audition.

Comment

Meghan Agosta scores to close the gap to one. Now 2-1 USA with about 9 minutes to go.

Comment

Hilary Knight scores on the power play with just under 4 minutes to go, making it 3-1.

Comment

Hilary Knight scores on the power play with just under 4 minutes to go, making it 3-1.
                      final 5-1, probably not a great idea to take a bunch of penalties when you are already down by 2 goals with > 5 minutes to play

Comment

Kessel and Coyne each score late goals to make it 5-1. Congrats to USA on winning the 4 Nations Cup!

Comment

Final 5-1 with 4 assists by Cameranesi and a goal by Kessel.
                          "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                            final 5-1, probably not a great idea to take a bunch of penalties when you are already down by 2 goals with > 5 minutes to play
                            And to think the Canadians would get chippy when the game's out of reach. That's just not like them!

Comment

Kessel and Coyne each score late goals to make it 5-1. Congrats to USA on winning the 4 Nations Cup!
                              Of note to Gopher fans: Hanna netted 2 today & the Potomak sisters were not listed on the roster.

And to think the Canadians would get chippy when the game's out of reach. That's just not like them!
                              That was my comment to the Mrs. It does seem to be their prefered mode.

But the game was not out of reach at that point, they had scored. Not sure how much of that is the bizarre re***** but it is their want seemingly.
                              Just noticed that my shortening of the word "refereeing" appears to be forbidden here
                              Last edited by ne7minder; 11-12-2017, 08:46 PM.

Comment

https://www.theicegarden.com/2017/11...eam-use-canada

The Ice Garden blog by Hannah Bevis and Michelle Jay has GIFS of all the goals from the final, linked above. Amazing how a dam just broke open at the end and they put in 3 in the last 4 minutes. Lots of pretty goals, but I think my fave is Kendall Coyne jumping up and down and into Hilary Knight’s arms after Knight’s goal, the third one. Coyne’s goal was a beauty too, love her speed.

Meghan Agosta sure hasn’t lost a step offensively. I wasn’t sure how full time police officer work would impact her, don’t know if she plays more or less Hockey than the other girls in non centralization years. Didn’t watch the games, but she stands out on the score sheet as the leading scorer for Canada.

Comment

Working...
                                X