Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 USA Olympic Women's Hockey Team

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    I'm fine with not having the Stone "experience"...
    In hindsight, yeah she sucked. But she has more experience that Stauber.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      In hindsight, yeah she sucked. But she has more experience that Stauber.
      All coaches have to coach some games to gain experience. Apparently USA hockey thought Stauber had enough experience and was the best candidate for the job. Hope they were right...
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
        That's been tried.
        So they of course won Olympic gold

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
          All coaches have to coach some games to gain experience. Apparently USA hockey thought Stauber had enough experience and was the best candidate for the job. Hope they were right...
          As long as he wins Gold. Nothing else will be good enough. Even getting the Silver will mean he was the wrong choice.

Comment

Is Stauber's resume any worse than Schuler's resume? It would seem like one country is going to win gold despite any coaching resume deficiencies.
            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

It's funny. Eight months ago, everyone thought Stauber was great.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                Not to Tim, Coach Stauber was never good enough & his main complaint was his having been a Gopher

Comment

Not me. I was critical of his experience from the start. Where he went to school is not a factor.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    Not me. I was critical of his experience from the start. Where he went to school is not a factor.
                    I was also critical of him from the beginning. Still feel the same way. Only capturing Gold will change that, maybe. Any former goalies ever turned into top level coaches? I can't think of any. Maybe some of you can.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                      Any former goalies ever turned into top level coaches? I can't think of any. Maybe some of you can.
                      Patrick Roy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                        Patrick Roy.
                        Gerry Cheevers, Emile Francis, Eddie Johnston and Roger Crozier. Not many in the new era of the NHL.

Comment

the most legendary HS coach in MN boys hockey

he was only named coach May 1 and I must have missed all the Stauber love here, because most have been critical of the choice, in fact I don't recall anyone saying it was a good choice

when your D doesn't know which direction their goal is and *star* players play like they don't want to wrinkle their uniforms, maybe it is a coaching problem
                          Last edited by pokechecker; 12-14-2017, 06:52 AM.

Comment

The only mistake I see with Stauber is having so many old veterans back on this team. Some of these gals have been around too long and are past their prime. Being on this team was a way to make more money than the pro team they are on. We need the new blood with the fresh legs who will listen to the coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                              Patrick Roy.
                              Lol, what a terrible example!

Comment

• Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                                Gerry Cheevers, Emile Francis, Eddie Johnston and Roger Crozier. Not many in the new era of the NHL.
                                Better examples, although very outdated, so it's clear that very few goalies become top level coaches.

With so many Golds for the various US teams in non-Olympic events over the years but choking at each Olympics since '98, only Gold at the upcoming Olympics will be acceptable. I feel there is actually more pressure on Team USA to win this time than there is on Team Canada. Most Canadians feel their team is big and slow compared to Team USA, and poorly coached, so I think their expectations are lower than ever before.
                                Last edited by shelfit; 12-14-2017, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X