X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
    The one thing I see with that is both Ellsworth and Shawhan are goalies and goalie coaches, not that that's bad, but I think it is good to have someone with offensive, someone with defensive and someone with goalie experience as coaches.
    For "offensive" experience, I nominate John Scott. Seriously, is he available?
    "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
    Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
      For "offensive" experience, I nominate John Scott. Seriously, is he available?
      Maybe we should ask Scott what he thinks of Rolston?
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

If you have a feeling of deja-vu about all of this like I do, it's because we've had 8 head coaches during Red Berenson's reign as Michigan's HC...
        Last edited by Burnt Orange Husky; 04-28-2017, 11:06 PM.
        "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
        Abe Lincoln

Comment

If you have a feeling of deja-vu about all of this like I do, it's because we've had 8 head coaches during Red Berenson's reign as Michigan's HC...
          So? Red proved himself worthy of a career tenure. Those 8 Tech coaches either failed, or quickly moved on after enjoying a handful of years of upward success.

It's 2017, and we're not a destination. As Don Henley sang 23 years ago, "Get over it". Hire the best coach we can get for the duration.

Comment

And the skunkies had 5 coaches from 1973 to 1984. I'm sure you realize that a guy who spends 33 years in a job is the exception rather than the rule.

Comment

So after all the discussion at the coaches convention, get back to campus, sort the resumes, choose the interviews and then select the finalists.
              Has anyone heard of a search committee assisting? I would assume the sentiment of the top candidates is now known.

What would you feel about how much longer the wait will be until the scheduling of a press conference?

Comment

What would you feel about how much longer the wait will be until the scheduling of a press conference?

Better not be too much longer, o can't handle the suspense.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post

Better not be too much longer, o can't handle the suspense.

Last time it wasn't until June. Suzanne needs to make sure she's covering all her bases.
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    Last time it wasn't until June. Suzanne needs to make sure she's covering all her bases.
                    I know and I agree that she needs to do her due diligence, but I'm just an impatient kind of guy.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                      I know and I agree that she needs to do her due diligence, but I'm just an impatient kind of guy.

gives me time to write a lot of profiles, anyone I'm missing?

Comment

Will the schedule be taken care of by one of the assistants?
                        Not sure how those get finalized?

Comment

I thought it was the first week or two of May 2011, after she was able to circle back to Mel during the AHCA junket in Naples, and work out the terms?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            I thought it was the first week or two of May 2011, after she was able to circle back to Mel during the AHCA junket in Naples, and work out the terms?
                            you are correct, it was early may, but it also started much earlier.

Comment

you are correct, it was early may, but it also started much earlier.
                              Also true. So, I think we can expect to wait at least another month, unless Suzanne decides there is a "slam dunk" candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Also true. So, I think we can expect to wait at least another month, unless Suzanne decides there is a "slam dunk" candidate.
                                i don't know if it will take the 38 days it took NMU, we might hear something in a couple weeks. I would certainly expect more rumors to start showing up some time this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X