• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

Been so long, did Tech hire Mel back??🙃

Comment

Where's Muckalt going?

"Noreen replaces Bill Muckalt, who has left to pursue higher opportunities of coaching. Thank you Coach Muckalt for a great two seasons! " https://t.co/VOxtCAWZa4

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
        Where's Muckalt going?

"Noreen replaces Bill Muckalt, who has left to pursue higher opportunities of coaching. Thank you Coach Muckalt for a great two seasons! " https://t.co/VOxtCAWZa4
        Interesting! He's not that high my list of candidates, but it'll be nice to get some clarity, hopefully next week!

Comment

I would think Muckalt to Michigan and Rolston, Ellsworth, or Shawhan to Tech.....
          Would Tech announce over a holiday weekend.....

I would assume the pick is in now and final details need completing before setting up the announcement.
          Last edited by Huskiefan906; 05-27-2017, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
            I would think Muckalt to Michigan and Rolston, Ellsworth, or Shawhan to Tech.....
            Would Tech announce over a holiday weekend....
            I doubt Muckalt would be a college assistant again, even if it was his alma mater. He's looking to be a pro assistant or head.

Since they did not announce Friday, it will be Tuesday at the earliest.

Comment

He's going to Michigan

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                I doubt Muckalt would be a college assistant again, even if it was his alma mater. He's looking to be a pro assistant or head.
                Since they did not announce Friday, it will be Tuesday at the earliest.
                You only announce bad news on a Fri so it gets lost during the weekend. Usually announce good news on a Tues, rarely Mon as that is a day to travel and meet a few key people. This being a long weekend might do Wed

Comment

https://***********/TechHockeyGuide/...92202724311040

Bill Muckalt is no longer in the running for the @mtuhky opening. He will rejoin Mel Pearson
                  ---
                  National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                  Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                  19 Conference Championships
                  10 Conference Tournament Championships
                  2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                    https://***********/TechHockeyGuide/...92202724311040 Bill Muckalt is no longer in the running for the @mtuhky opening. He will rejoin Mel Pearson
                    Unless he wanted to the head coach at Michigan some day, that move makes no sense at all.
                    Ryan
                    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                    Originally posted by geezer
                    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                    Originally posted by manurespreader
                    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                      Unless he wanted to the head coach at Michigan some day, that move makes no sense at all.
                      Ryan
                      Everyone wants to be the head coach at Michigan.
                      ---
                      National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                      Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                      19 Conference Championships
                      10 Conference Tournament Championships
                      2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

That's bizarre. Either he couldn't handle (head) coaching, or Mel's already prepping for retirement, or they gave him a massive raise in salary to give up his dreams of advancing in the coaching world. None of those seems likely. Was there some scandal we didn't hear about?
                        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Muckalt was partying very hard when he was in town for their 20th reunion in AA last fall, which was on the same weekend that Tech played there. I wondered what consequences that might have if the wrong people would have seen him, because it certainly didn't paint him in the best light. Probably fortunate that there was a football game on Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                            Everyone wants to be the head coach at Michigan.
                            Says only Michigan fans...
                            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                            Originally posted by geezer
                            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                            Originally posted by manurespreader
                            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Sounds like there will be an announcement on Tuesday.

Comment

Any speculation as to who will be announced? Based on the timing of the interview with Rolston I think it may be him, but I have zero inside info so it's a complete guess on my part.
                                2005-2006: 7-25-6
                                2006-2007: 18-17-5
                                2007-2008: 14-20-5
                                2008-2009: 6-25-7
                                2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Working...
                                X