This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
    Hockey is the top athletic program on campus and has recent NCAA tournament appearances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not looking to debate point by point merits. I'm all for pride in your school, but another coach's recent success doesn't make it a good job. Knowing Bergeron and his family there's literally nothing in Houghton that would draw him up there.

Not to mention a $250,000 buy out.
    Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

Can't buy those tight suits at the Houghton JC Penny
      In Mel We Trust(ed)

Comment

Would not want to upset the renewed BG hockey program and fans. I really like Coach Bergeron, but he has unfinished business at BG.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
          Would not want to upset the renewed BG hockey program and fans. I really like Coach Bergeron, but he has unfinished business at BG.
          Mel had unfinished business at Tech and that didn't stop him...
          "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
          Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            well here's my list of characteristics we need for the next coach.
            1. Demonstrated leadership ability
            2. Connections throughout the hockey world.
            3. knowledge of the game
            4. communications ability
            5. willingness to work extremely hard to get a result.
            6. gifted recruiter.
            7. gilt edged reputation.
            Here's my list:
            1. Get great coaches
            2. Get great players
            3. Have a great organization
            4. "Just win, baby!"
            Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
              [Bergeron not interested in Tech says BGSU fans] Not to mention a $250,000 buy out.
              Not really an issue for Tech as long as you take a check signed by the University of Michigan.
              Ryan J
              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
              Originally posted by geezer
              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
              Originally posted by manurespreader
              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
                Knowing Bergeron and his family there's literally nothing in Houghton that would draw him up there. Not to mention a $250,000 buy out.
                Have you ever been to Houghton? Unsurpassed natural beauty and great skiing, better than anything in Ohio and the Lower Peninsula. We could use Michigan's money to pay the buy out.

If Bergeron is not an outdoor sportsman, then you are correct. Obviously, Mel was not a nature lover because there's nothing in Ann Arbor and skiing is hours away...
                Last edited by Burnt Orange Husky; 04-26-2017, 08:17 PM.
                Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                  Aside from some eye rolling down here over the belief that Tech is that much more of a destination job than BG, we're all good. If/when Berge leaves it'll be just like the Mel scenario -- to an elite program in an elite conference. So WCHA forever!...or at least until the next round of realignment...

Edit: The exception is if Enrico Palazzo exits Miami State. That would be an "interesting" scenario.
                  Last edited by TalonsUpPuckDown; 04-26-2017, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                    Aside from some eye rolling down here over the belief that Tech is that much more of a destination job than BG, we're all good. If/when Berge leaves it'll be just like the Mel scenario -- to an elite program in an elite conference. So WCHA forever!...or at least until the next round of realignment...

Edit: The exception is if Enrico Palazzo exits Miami State. That would be an "interesting" scenario.
                    If also gets easier for him to leave after June 2018. Overall, I think you're right. He doesn't leave unless it's a top 5 program or Miami. It sure would add another level to the rivalry that has been growing between the two programs.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      And my (way too long) list of candidates is up...
                      http://techhockeyguide.com/news/2017...e-search-begin
                      Hopefully I'll get an in depth look at one of the front runners written up tonight.
                      I don't know near as much as many of you but it seems to me an assistant from UMD would be a good choice. Duluth is similar to Houghton--cold, remote--and they've had a ton of success recently.

Does anyone have an updated candidate list or is it too early?
                      Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
                        I don't know near as much as many of you but it seems to me an assistant from UMD would be a good choice. Duluth is similar to Houghton--cold, remote--and they've had a ton of success recently.

Does anyone have an updated candidate list or is it too early?
                        The candidate list there has some inside information but some of them are purely speculation. I do think an assistant at UND or UMD would be a good fit. That's why Larson and Jackson made the list. We'll be profiling them eventually, likely next week. The list in that article has been updated a few times since it was initially published.
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
                          Buck Fob indeed. Always hated U of M, that won't change now. Probably hate them even more.

Can't wait to find out who they decide on to take the team forward.

LGH!!!
                          You know we revel in the hatred!
                          Originally posted by alfablue
                          Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                            I could definitely live with Muckalt, he does seem to be the "spiritual successor" to Mel, but I hope we don't rush and give it to him right away.
                            Another Michigan guy (well technically Mel wasn't a Michigan guy until he worked with Red)? Hurt you once shame on me. Hurt you twice shame on you.
                            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                              Another Michigan guy (well technically Mel wasn't a Michigan guy until he worked with Red)? Hurt you once shame on me. Hurt you twice shame on you.
                              troll is as troll does...go away

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
                                Mel had unfinished business at Tech and that didn't stop him...
                                He also has unfinished business at Michigan...

Comment

Working...
                                X