X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    It's been only one week since the University of Michigan formally introduced Mel Pearson as their new head coach. The search for his replacement began immediately. Today we review all the candidates we've profiled that so far, discuss how the process went last time in 2011 and bring up some of the rumors and other news items related to the most likely candidates to be the next Head Coach of Michigan Tech. Read the rest on THG.
    By the sound of his tweet,"proud we left our mark on the Copper Country" sounds like he left the program for someplace else...an assistant coach at Michigan maybe? Just a wild guess.
    MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
    2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
      By the sound of his tweet,"proud we left our mark on the Copper Country" sounds like he left the program for someplace else...an assistant coach at Michigan maybe? Just a wild guess.
      Granted, after the last few weeks, I don't know how much I trust Mel but I believe it was confirmed that neither Shuchuk or Shawhan would be going with Mel to Michigan.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Shirtless,

I was referring to "Thoughts from the Penalty Box". I was wrong about the date. It is dated last Thursday.

http://www.mininggazette.com/sports/...penalty-box-3/

Comment

Per an email just received from the conference office, the WCHA will release the composite conference schedule on Thursday 4 May at 2pm EDT.

Comment

what column are you talking about?
            Thoughts from the penalty box. I was wrong about the date, its from Thursday.

http://www.mininggazette.com/sports/...penalty-box-3/

Comment

Future Huskies selected in the USHL drafts:

Futures Draft (2001 birthdays):
              Evan Orr #76 overall by Muskegon

Entry Draft:
              Carver Watson #171 overall by Green Bay
              Gabe Temple: #203 overall by Green Bay

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                Granted, after the last few weeks, I don't know how much I trust Mel but I believe it was confirmed that neither Shuchuk or Shawhan would be going with Mel to Michigan.
                I believe Mel is a straight shooter if it came from him. I trust that he wouldn't purposely lie about something like that if it came from Mel.

Comment

I hope Joe S stays. I really like him. Same for Shuchuk. Both are quality guys.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    I hope Joe S stays. I really like him. Same for Shuchuk. Both are quality guys.
                    Hope they stay too. I like the style of play that Mel brought here and both of these guys know the system and how to run it.
                    If they can stay we may be able to keep some of it.
                    Last edited by Wi.Huskies Fan; 05-02-2017, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Do we have another Matt Roy, Shane Hanna, Reid Sturos,and Angus Redmond heading in this year?
                      Last edited by Huskiefan906; 05-02-2017, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
                        Hope they stay too. I like the style of play that Mel brought here and both of these guys know the system and how to run it.
                        If they can stay we may be able to keep some of it.
                        So refreshing to hear the comments about keeping good assistants and continuing the path they are on.

Sure beats the last few coaching changes when we were asking whether we could find the right guy to turn the program around.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been enjoying the heck out of the THG articles. Virtually all of the options presented sound appealing (maybe not Whitten...)

I think my opinion hinges a lot on if we maintain continuity with Shawhan and/or Shuchuk. If that is the case, I have zero problem with going after a first timer/ outsider. If both of those guys stay, Payne is very appealing. Strong coaching background backed up by two guys that have been around the college game for a long time.

If those two leave (maybe just Shawhan) I would lean towards one of the guys with more college experience. The Ellsworth idea in this case works for me.
                          In Mel We Trust(ed)

Comment

Originally posted by Crocodile Tears View Post
                            I've been enjoying the heck out of the THG articles. Virtually all of the options presented sound appealing (maybe not Whitten...)

I think my opinion hinges a lot on if we maintain continuity with Shawhan and/or Shuchuk. If that is the case, I have zero problem with going after a first timer/ outsider. If both of those guys stay, Payne is very appealing. Strong coaching background backed up by two guys that have been around the college game for a long time.

If those two leave (maybe just Shawhan) I would lean towards one of the guys with more college experience. The Ellsworth idea in this case works for me.
                            Thanks, we really appreciate the interest in all the work we're doing...I guess it helps that we've got the market cornered. Sorry we didn't get one out today but we're struggling to get some pictures. Hopefully we'll have 2 tomorrow.
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Crocodile Tears View Post

But will Suzanne know if Shawhan and Schuchuk are staying before she hires the new HC?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

what column are you talking about?
                                It is a good article. April 27th Thoughts from the penalty box
                                Last edited by Burnt Orange Husky; 05-02-2017, 10:43 PM.
                                "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                                Abe Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X