X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    i don't know if it will take the 38 days it took NMU, we might hear something in a couple weeks. I would certainly expect more rumors to start showing up some time this week.
    Who's tracking the flights into CMX?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Also true. So, I think we can expect to wait at least another month, unless Suzanne decides there is a "slam dunk" candidate.
      I hope to be hearing about a search committee.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
        I hope to be hearing about a search committee.
        I don't believe there was one last time. I trust Suzanne's judgement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
        What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Suzanne has proven to be a very competent AD in the last decade plus. I have no problem putting the fate of the program in her hands.

Comment

Suzanne has proven to be a very competent AD in the last decade plus. I have no problem putting the fate of the program in her hands.
            me either, our latest today, special thanks to Tom Reale from Without A Peer
            The Veteran - Seth Appert:
            http://techhockeyguide.com/news/2017...xt-seth-appert
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              me either, our latest today, special thanks to Tom Reale from Without A Peer
              The Veteran - Seth Appert:
              http://techhockeyguide.com/news/2017...xt-seth-appert
              I drank with TR years ago in St. Cloud - he's legit.

Comment

I drank with TR years ago in St. Cloud - he's legit.
                How do you think we got him to write this?
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  Maybe we should ask Scott what he thinks of Rolston?
                  I really think a coaching trio of Ron Rolston, John Scott and Mike Milbury behind the bench for Tech would really generate some sparks.
                  https://youtu.be/aPhC3N8pG4w

Of course you also have to remember Mike Milbury use to be a big fan of goonery himself, so take his recent opinions with a grain of (as)sault.
                  https://youtu.be/BS2Eq30f7xI
                  https://youtu.be/VMcbdBYuGTE

Ryan J
                  Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                  https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                  Originally posted by geezer
                  Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                  Originally posted by manurespreader
                  ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Who's tracking the flights into CMX?
                    Has Tech Hockey Guide bugged the paint store yet? Tapped their wires, per se?
                    In Mel We Trust(ed)

Comment

Originally posted by Crocodile Tears View Post
                      Has Tech Hockey Guide bugged the paint store yet? Tapped their wires, per se?
                      Unfortunately no moles in that proprietor anymore. Also, I was incorrect in that there was a committee last time. However, it wasn't publicized.
                      Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                      What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Absolutely. She is infinitely better than Rick Yeo ever was. She is bold and insightful, thinks outside of the box, and isn't afraid to take a risk. I'm surprised some larger school hasn't enticed her away...
                        "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                        Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
                          Absolutely. She is infinitely better than Rick Yeo ever was. She is bold and insightful, thinks outside of the box, and isn't afraid to take a risk. I'm surprised some larger school hasn't enticed her away...
                          You have to understand, for a woman to be an AD, she has to be head and shoulders above everyone else. Suzanne is and she deserves a lot of credit.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Seems like our AD would have a lot of great people to consult with a formal or informal search committee:

Ron Rolston (if not interested in the job)
                            John Grisdale
                            Scott White
                            Mike Zuke
                            Jimmy Roy
                            Dave Fischer
                            Ken Martel
                            Pat Mikesch (if not interested in the job)
                            Brian Hannon
                            Bruce Horsch
                            Joe Shawhan (if not interested in the job)
                            Glenn Merkosky
                            Chris Cichocki

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                              Seems like our AD would have a lot of great people to consult with a formal or informal search committee:

Ron Rolston (if not interested in the job)
                              John Grisdale
                              Scott White
                              Mike Zuke
                              Jimmy Roy
                              Dave Fischer
                              Ken Martel
                              Pat Mikesch (if not interested in the job)
                              Brian Hannon
                              Bruce Horsch
                              Joe Shawhan (if not interested in the job)
                              Glenn Merkosky
                              Chris Cichocki
                              Some of those guys, sure, but how about Brett Olson and Tanner Kero? Or other guys who are still playing like Clay Wilson, Geoff Kinrade, Steven Seigo or Alex Petan?

Comment

• Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
                                Some may have tried, but it would be like the Taliban trying to recruit the pope. Suzanne has very deep roots in Houghton/Hancock and bleeds black & gold like nobody else. The passion for Michigan Tech is a large part of her success.
                                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X