X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    well here's my list of characteristics we need for the next coach.
    1. Demonstrated leadership ability
    2. Connections throughout the hockey world.
    3. knowledge of the game
    4. communications ability
    5. willingness to work extremely hard to get a result.
    6. gifted recruiter.
    7. gilt edged reputation.
    In that order?
    2005-2006: 7-25-6
    2006-2007: 18-17-5
    2007-2008: 14-20-5
    2008-2009: 6-25-7
    2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Here I figured the number 1a and 1b qualifications would be the ability to beat Michigan and Northern...
      I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        Let me give you an analogy on the emotional side of losing coach Pearson. What has been said is totally true. We knew ahead of time and all that,
        but.... imagine you have this girl friend. You've romanced her for a while and finally she reluctantly agrees to marry you. But she says, you know I still like Bob over here an awful lot even though bob is married to someone else right now. So you get married and it's incredibly good. you are happy, and your girl friend is happy and everything seems good. Except once in a while you find out she still likes bob an awful lot.... And then bob gets a divorce.
        So one day your now wife comes in and says, you know I love you and all, but I'm going to go back with Bob. I just have always loved him and this is my chance to be with him.
        You knew she might leave, you hoped she would stay, you tried like crazy to make her happy, and in the end it hurts like hell when she walks out the door.
        Bob knew full well what he was getting into. Especially when he signed a prenup.
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
          Bob knew full well what he was getting into. Especially when he signed a prenup.
          Sigh, I hate to admit it, but you're right

Comment

The first profile, Bill Muckalt:
            http://techhockeyguide.com/news/2017...h-bill-muckalt
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Buck Fob indeed. Always hated U of M, that won't change now. Probably hate them even more.

Can't wait to find out who they decide on to take the team forward.

LGH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                I could definitely live with Muckalt, he does seem to be the "spiritual successor" to Mel, but I hope we don't rush and give it to him right away.

Comment

Did Tech have to give Mel and UM permission to talk? Do they need permission to talk to a candidate currently under contract in the NCAA?

Comment

It varies depending on what is written into their contract. I don't know what (if any) restrictions Pearson might have had. The head coach of BGSU has been tossed out as a possible replacement for Tech and it has been stated that he needs permission in writing to talk to any potential future employers.

I was thinking last night that if LSSU decides to dump Whitten or he decides to go somewhere else, the whole UP will start to sound like the Oprah show when they gave away Pontiacs...
                    "Wildcats, you get a new coach!... Huskies, you get a new coach!... Lakers...."
                    https://youtu.be/XcI-rHO0yko?t=35s
                    Ryan
                    Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 04-26-2017, 08:03 AM.
                    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                    Originally posted by geezer
                    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                    Originally posted by manurespreader
                    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Hockey coach job is posted on Tech website now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by johnsonsjerseys View Post
                        it varies depending on what is written into their contract. I don't know what (if any) restrictions pearson might have had. The head coach of bgsu has been tossed out as a possible replacement for tech by the people on this board and by no one else on the entire planet and it has been stated that he needs permission in writing to talk to any potential future employers.
                        fify

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                          fify
                          Whats wrong with speculation? It's not like anyone had Potulny on their list...everyone completely missed on that one. I do agree that after reading Bergeron's contract that it is very unlikely that he would leave for MTU at this time...
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            Whats wrong with speculation? It's not like anyone had Potulny on their list...everyone completely missed on that one. I do agree that after reading Bergeron's contract that it is very unlikely that he would leave for MTU at this time...
                            Absolutely nothing is wrong with speculating, especially if it helps the healing process.

Comment

BG to MTU is a lateral move at best.
                              Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
                                BG to MTU is a lateral move at best.
                                Hockey is the top athletic program on campus and has recent NCAA tournament appearances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                                What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Working...
                                X