This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

Booked flights last night for the MTU-NMU weekend in February. Looking forward to the rivalry with all-new coaching staffs, regardless of standings.

Comment

1) Speaking of houses, where does Coach Joe live? Just curious. I checked the county property records and he's not listed. He must be renting. He should be able to buy now.

2) Is the Onigaming Supper Club still in business?
      Last edited by Burnt Orange Husky; 07-03-2017, 02:17 PM.
      "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
      Abe Lincoln

Comment

1) I was busy last year and failed to notice the new Michigan Tech sports logo. It's a HUGE improvement and looks very professional. Well done! I'm so glad they finally put Piano Dog down.

2) I'm also glad to see the use of "Michigan Tech" and MTU on hats and clothing. The square, stacked MTU logo from the 70s was the most recognizable logo Tech has ever had.

3) Pres. Mroz strongly disliked the nicknames Michigan Tech and MTU. He thought they made us sound like a technical school. Yeah right, you mean like MIT, Cal Tech, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, and RPI?

4) I truly appreciate the amazing mathematical skills of engineers but I fondly remember the "Michigan Technological University" spelling cheer at the hockey games where many students in the crowd got lost spelling Technological.
        Last edited by Burnt Orange Husky; 07-03-2017, 02:16 PM.
        Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
          2) I'm also glad to see the use of "Michigan Tech" and MTU on hats and clothing. The square, stacked MTU logo from the 70s was the most recognizable logo Tech has ever had.
          Interesting that you say that...wait until August!
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I heard the jerseys have a retro look, will there be the square MTU on one of the shoulders?

Shirtless, when can we expect all the recruiting uncertainty to be settled. As mentioned, I don't think UM has room for too many of Tech's guys.
            I am most concerned about Halonen, Parrottino, Newsome, Williamson for the future and especially Reitmeyer at this point for this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
              I heard the jerseys have a retro look, will there be the square MTU on one of the shoulders?

Shirtless, when can we expect all the recruiting uncertainty to be settled. As mentioned, I don't think UM has room for too many of Tech's guys.
              I am most concerned about Halonen, Parrottino, Newsome, Williamson for the future and especially Reitmeyer at this point for this season.
              The article is written, just waiting on Shawhan to pick a third string goalie and for MTU to make an official release of the roster.
              I'm not worried about Reitmeyer. 2017 is set except the goalie...sadly there are 4 guys that were committed that won't be coming to MTU at this time...Mel really screwed up recruiting going into the 2017-18 season and jumped ship at the right moment to leave the mess for Shawhan.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Darn, any insight for the makeup of the 4, I am assuming all forwards?

There are always capable replacements available, just need to have the new guys target the needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                  Darn, any insight for the makeup of the 4, I am assuming all forwards?

There are always capable replacements available, just need to have the new guys target the needs.
                  It's mostly defensemen because Mel over-recruited...I'm going to let Calvin drop the release first

Comment

Wishing a safe & happy 4th of July to all you great hockey fans!🇺🇸
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                      Wishing a safe & happy 4th of July to all you great hockey fans!🇺🇸
                      Thanks

Any word on next radio show? Joe said he was ready so then.........?

Comment

mel interview

http://www.detroitnews.com/videos/sp...gan/103380244/

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                          Yeah, I get it. We all get it.

Mel Who?

Comment

Travis Brown is one of the players who's not coming. He committed to St. John's University a month ago.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                              Travis Brown is one of the players who's not coming. He committed to St. John's University a month ago.
                              Hey, since you mentioned it... Anyone want a nice Travis Brown MN Magicians jersey? I'll make you a good deal.
                              Now I wave my magic hockey stick and abbracadabra *poof* another recruit is gone. Thanks again Meyel. Grrrr.
                              Ryan J

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                              Originally posted by geezer
                              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                              Originally posted by manurespreader
                              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                                A few people?!? Understatement of the year.

Yost still has bleachers, just like the football stadium. Yuck.
                                Abe Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X