This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    youre missing the point, Nel did the exact same thing rob UAA when we took Brent Baltus away while they were in the process of hiring Matt Thomas...NMU lost 3? Recruits during their search.
    But those were happy things. I feel sad inside when the tables are turned
    To be honest I'm only p.o.ed because I got two troubling price quotes today; one on repairs for my crappy car which I kind of need.
    Last edited by geezer; 05-30-2017, 08:44 PM.
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
      I know it's "legal." So does Mel. But his actions don't match up with his words.
      Funny nobody minded when Blake Pietila deconmtted from Northern and showed up at Tech. Was that somehow a greasy or questionable move by the MTU coaching staff? This is D-1 recruiting. There is no honor amongst thieves. Even though I know most Tech fans felt that Blake should have honored his verbal to NMU, right?
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
        Well, if he's as overrated as his dad was, no big loss anyway.
        I've seen him. If he doesn't make your 2nd or 4th line, he's a coat & tie. Would not be be an effective 3rd line player because he's not strong enough defensively. This is a depth loss. No huge loss when you consider where he sits. Would be wise to stay at Sioux Falls.
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
          Funny nobody minded when Blake Pietila deconmtted from Northern and showed up at Tech. Was that somehow a greasy or questionable move by the MTU coaching staff? This is D-1 recruiting. There is no honor amongst thieves. Even though I know most Tech fans felt that Blake should have honored his verbal to NMU, right?
          You're right. I'm sorry.
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
            You're right, you do what you can to get the best players in that you can. I do think going after someone who has signed an NLI is shady, but up until that point it's really anything goes.
            2005-2006: 7-25-6
            2006-2007: 18-17-5
            2007-2008: 14-20-5
            2008-2009: 6-25-7
            2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
              Its amazing how fast that "gentleman's agreement" stuff can be "forgotten" in the B10 cesspool of backstabbing *******s.
              Lol. Settle down. Becker was committed to Wisconsin before MTU. Kids reevaluate when coaching changes happen. Be happy he's the only one so far to leave, especially with how long the coaching position was up in the air. Congrats on the hire. See you guys on Oct. 1.

Comment

Chad Pietila transferred, his brother changed to join his brother, Blake was a great Husky. It happens....
                NMU stole Demico Hannoun, Alex Petan's cousin....

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                  Chad Pietila transferred, his brother changed to join his brother, Blake was a great Husky. It happens....
                  NMU stole Demico Hannoun, Alex Petan's cousin....
                  And the interesting thing there is Tech & NMU shared the cost of the visit to both.

Comment

After watching the press conference and the remarks given by those who spoke, the selection is unsurprising. The pleasant surprise was the AD twice using the phrase "winning culture." Hopefully she is still haunted by the depths the program descended to in the pre-Pearson era and is terrified of regressing. So, congrats to Coach Shawhan and best of luck in the coming campaigns!

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                      And the interesting thing there is Tech & NMU shared the cost of the visit to both.
                      Yes, but he was committed to Tech.
                      I am a rarity, I root for all UP teams except when they play my alma mater Tech. Still wonder why he switched, especially after Alex Petan raved about his experience.
                      Last edited by Huskiefan906; 05-30-2017, 10:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Great Day for Hockey View Post
                        Lol. Settle down.
                        Yeah, I'll shut up now. I was just in a bad mood when I saw that.

Comment

Originally posted by Great Day for Hockey View Post
                          Lol. Settle down. Becker was committed to Wisconsin before MTU. Kids reevaluate when coaching changes happen. Be happy he's the only one so far to leave, especially with how long the coaching position was up in the air. Congrats on the hire. See you guys on Oct. 1.
                          This.

I thought he was the one who decommitted from Wisco. He seems to have trouble making a decision and sticking with it. I won't lose any sleep over losing him. We'll find others. I was merely pointing out he needs to be removed from the Tech recruiting grid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                            Yes, but he was committed to Tech.
                            I am a rarity, I root for all UP teams except when they play my alma mater Tech. Still wonder why he switched, especially after Alex Petan raved about his experience.
                            I'd love to see the 3 UP teams among the league's final 4!

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                              I'd love to see the 3 UP teams among the league's final 4!
                              Bemidji has a model for that — stout goaltending and three lines of guys who put 10+ points in on the course of the season. If Mitens doesn't leave for the pro ranks before he ever steps foot on campus, you're about halfway there on the talent side.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                                Still wonder why he switched, especially after Alex Petan raved about his experience.

Academics. Issues with NCAA Clearinghouse.
                                "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Working...
                                X