This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

[QUOTE=MTUHuskies;6501344]Coach Shawhan will be on Mix93 with Dirk next week.
    https://***********/DHembroff/status/875462408223019008

Besides some name changes, any other upgrades happening at the rink?

Comment

Question, is Steward an offensive coach leaving the Remaining assistant opening for D and goaltending?

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
        It appears that Gary Shuchuk will not be returning to the coaching staff.

Inside word says that Ellsworth has interest, but his asking price may be too high to find a compromise. I'd put it at less than a 20% chance that it ends up happening.
        I hope they find a way to make this happen.

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
          Someone tell Dirk to post a day and time... or do we just have to listen everyday and be surprised.
          On radio now and phone interviews this week for other AC

Comment

Joe says he wants assistant #2 to concentrate more on coaching than recruiting. Also wants the hire ASAP, preferably by Friday this week so the new guy can get out and see some players.

Comment

Joe says he's not a fan of committing more players than he has spots for. Have to respect him for that, even if it ends up hurting the talent level of the roster a little bit. Seems to have been one point of disagreement with Mel.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                On radio now and phone interviews this week for other AC
                Turned on the show to check. Caught it just as they were starting the interview. Nothing earth shattering, but at least gets a little info out to us. I had heard we had lost a possible third goalie early on. Didn't know that we had lost two. I'm wondering who had to be trimmed from the recruit list. That will be interesting to see, when the roster comes out.

Players excited and working hard.. Bring on October!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                  Joe says he wants assistant #2 to concentrate more on coaching than recruiting. Also wants the hire ASAP, preferably by Friday this week so the new guy can get out and see some players.
                  Also said he wants someone with a pretty deep coaching pedigree. Does that eliminate Cam? Who I believe has only held that one coaching position??

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                    Joe says he's not a fan of committing more players than he has spots for. Have to respect him for that, even if it ends up hurting the talent level of the roster a little bit. Seems to have been one point of disagreement with Mel.
                    I'm sure he feels it wrong to end up disappointing some recruit and you can use that point to recruit against as well. Can understand that completely.

On the other hand you better be sure on the talent you do have and enough backup for things that happen, ie the recruit gets hurt, does not develop, decides to go elsewhere. Worry that the NCAA is going to corral this issue doesn't matter till they do.

Otherwise Go Joe and let's move forward.

Comment

Good to get some updates. Joe seems so candid on what's going on with hockey or his family etc.

My most interesting point was the different recruiting philosophy from Mel, and Mel did "the grab" when you could get someone. I wonder who Joe had to tell they couldn't come. it was abound to happen as we kept getting commits but also got a few redshirts on the team in recent years.

The goalie explanation was interesting too, an experienced transfer that was eligible right away would've been nice. Now it'll be a walk on type freshmen.

Sounds like he hopes to get the roster out soon too.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                        The goalie explanation was interesting too, an experienced transfer that was eligible right away would've been nice.
                        I believe that transfer was Connor LaCouvee, who graduated from BU this spring. At the BU hockey banquet I asked him about his future plans and he mentioned to me Michigan Tech was a school he was looking at. I have no knowledge beyond that, but last week it was reported he will be at Minnesota State for the upcoming season.

Sean
                        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                        BU Hockey highlights and extras
                        NCAA Hockey Financials
                        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                        I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                          I believe that transfer was Connor LaCouvee, who graduated from BU this spring. At the BU hockey banquet I asked him about his future plans and he mentioned to me Michigan Tech was a school he was looking at. I have no knowledge beyond that, but last week it was reported he will be at Minnesota State for the upcoming season.

Sean
                          He'd be the one I heard about.

Comment

Todd Milewski has Pat Mikesch and Chris Tok on the list of possible candidates for the Wisconsin A.C. job in this article.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/c...906339fb1.html

Who is on Shawhan's short list for interviews this week?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Any stream of the show this morning?

Why not the first Joe Shawhan show?
                              Last edited by Huskiefan906; 06-19-2017, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                                Any stream of the show this morning?

Why not the first Joe Shawhan show?
                                http://themix93.com/sports/podcasts/

Comment

Working...
                                X