This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
    Some of those guys, sure, but how about Brett Olson and Tanner Kero? Or other guys who are still playing like Clay Wilson, Geoff Kinrade, Steven Seigo or Alex Petan?
    And maybe a current member of the team? I thought I read northern included Diamantoni in their committee
    In Mel We Trust(ed)

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

Originally posted by Crocodile Tears View Post
      And maybe a current member of the team? I thought I read northern included Diamantoni in their committee
      Yes and that seems to be more common, I think RPI did the same

Comment

Last time around the committee included the Athletic Director, Assistant Athletic Director, and two former players. One of which is a significant donor. I would expect the same this time around.
        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
        What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
          Some may have tried, but it would be like the Taliban trying to recruit the pope. Suzanne has very deep roots in Houghton/Hancock and bleeds black & gold like nobody else. The passion for Michigan Tech is a large part of her success.
          There are some deep family roots with Suzanne and MTU

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
            Last time around the committee included the Athletic Director, Assistant Athletic Director, and two former players. One of which is a significant donor. I would expect the same this time around.
            Oh gosh, Suzanne is going to pick whoever Tyler Rockwell wants to be his coach.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
              Oh gosh, Suzanne is going to pick whoever Tyler Rockwell wants to be his coach.
              Yeah…it's definitely not going to work that way.
              What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

It's interesting to note that many of the coaching candidates were goalies...
                "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
                  It's interesting to note that many of the coaching candidates were goalies...
                  just remember that these are guys are one of the following but not necessarily all:
                  - potentially interested in the opening
                  - potentially someone MTU would be interested in
                  - someone currently available

We have no direct knowledge of any interest from the MTU side of things.
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    We have no direct knowledge of any interest from the MTU side of things.
                    I stand corrected, coaching prospects. It could end up being a stealth prospect who hasn't even been mentioned. It would be great to know who's applied. Do college hockey coaches have agents like their football counterparts?
                    Last edited by Burnt Orange Husky; 04-30-2017, 11:41 PM.
                    "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                    Abe Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
                      I stand corrected, coaching prospects. It could end up being a stealth prospect who hasn't even been mentioned. It would be great to know who's applied. Do college hockey coaches have agents like their football counterparts?
                      Many do.
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Someone on here though it'd be a month, and at first it sounded long, but I think that estimate matches up with how long it took for Mel after Jamie was gone. This obviously got a later start.

Tech Hockey Guide - great job with the articles on the last week on coaching prospects!

I tried to listen to WKMJ last week, but the day I listened Dirk wasn't working. Has anyone heard Dirk have any comments/thoughts on Mel's departure?

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                          Someone on here though it'd be a month, and at first it sounded long, but I think that estimate matches up with how long it took for Mel after Jamie was gone. This obviously got a later start. Tech Hockey Guide - great job with the articles on the last week on coaching prospects! I tried to listen to WKMJ last week, but the day I listened Dirk wasn't working. Has anyone heard Dirk have any comments/thoughts on Mel's departure?

Anyone heard anything from Naples?

Comment

• Originally posted by giwan View Post
                            Anyone heard anything from Naples?
                            There was an article in the Grand Forks paper yesterday about Naples. Mostly dealt with NCAA regionals. Not much resolved there. No word on anything from the WCHA. Not a rules year so no rule changes going to affect nor was anything said about points of emphasis.
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

My sources tell me: Ron Rolston is the frontrunner. Job is his if he wants it.

Comment

Originally posted by buffer side View Post
                                My sources tell me: Ron Rolston is the frontrunner. Job is his if he wants it.
                                Check your rep.

Comment

Working...
                                X