• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Yeah, I get it. We all get it.

Mel Who?
    It's mel who?

Did anyone know about the other potential offers he turned down during his time? Yeah he left but he had family there, a new born on the way, says sees everyday. He spent 23yrs there waiting. Not fully happy about his choice but understand it

Comment

I've figured Tristan Rostagno is not coming either, after almost 5 years on the list. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Comment

Shirtless, with it taking some time, It looks like it is either 2 D from this year's recruiting class, and a forward and D from next year's class not coming or are 3 of the ones not coming from next year's class?

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
          It's mel who?

Did anyone know about the other potential offers he turned down during his time? Yeah he left but he had family there, a new born on the way, says sees everyday. He spent 23yrs there waiting. Not fully happy about his choice but understand it
          I would be surprised if Mel was not approached about the Wisconsin and Denver head coach openings...perhaps even the Michigan State job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madison Husky View Post
            I would be surprised if Mel was not approached about the Wisconsin and Denver head coach openings...perhaps even the Michigan State job.
            I kinda would like to know who else tried to pull him away from Tech while he was here.
            MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
            2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Here is a list of Tech players that I know of who are attending or have attended NHL development/prospect camps this summer:
              Dane Birks - Pittsburg Penguins
              Alex Smith - Calgary Flames
              Mitch Reinke - Calgary Flames
              Jake Jackson - San Jose Sharks
              Mark Auk - Edmonton Oilers
              Jake Lucchini - Edmonton Oilers
              Angus Redmond - Anaheim Ducks

Does anyone know of any others? Its not as many as last year, but probably still more than any other WCHA school.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
                I kinda would like to know who else tried to pull him away from Tech while he was here.
                I think you're reading far too much into this, and it's time to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
                  I agree that Denver, WI and MSU would all be possible

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                    Shirtless, with it taking some time, It looks like it is either 2 D from this year's recruiting class, and a forward and D from next year's class not coming or are 3 of the ones not coming from next year's class?
                    Based on THG's grid? It's 2 defensemen for 2017 and one for 2018 plus 1 forward for 2017. There could be more changes, which is somewhat normal with any coaching turnover.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Madison Husky View Post
                      Barry Alvarez contacted Mark Johnson first, then while Johnson was pondering, he asked Tony Granato to see who he would advised that he contact and Alvarez then asked Granato if HE'd be interested, and Granato said yes and that was it.

I would have liked Pearson had he got the job, he was on my short list, but then was he just waiting for UM to call no matter where he was?
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        I think you're reading far too much into this, and it's time to move on.
                        I have moved on. Like I said... I was just wondering. Don't be sticking your nose into other people's business. I didn't directly ask you.
                        MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                        2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

• Originally posted by giwan View Post
                          I agree that Denver, WI and MSU would all be possible
                          I can confirm for you that Michigan State never once approached Mel Pearson, dating all the way back to Rick Comley's dismissal.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                            I can confirm for you that Michigan State never once approached Mel Pearson, dating all the way back to Rick Comley's dismissal.
                            I think Mel would have only left Tech for Michigan, but would have left anywhere for Michigan. The point is moot now.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
                              I have moved on. Like I said... I was just wondering. Don't be sticking your nose into other people's business. I didn't directly ask you.
                              Fair enough. Expressing my opinion that I'm sick of hearing about it, but whatever. Speculate away if it makes you happier.

Comment

Now that we're in the dog days of summer and the new coaching staff is in place, I think it would be a good to time to reach out to Suzanne and begin a dialog about creating a women's team. It really chaps my arse to see the rich and powerful Big Ten teams in the WCHA. It's time to slap them around...umm can't say that...beat them up...no good either...put them in their place...nix...show them who's boss...rats...anyway you get my point.

I remember asking Pres. Mroz about a women's team and Title IX and he cavalierly said, "We already spend more money on women than we have to." So with his departure, it may be time to bring it to the forefront. Goodness knows the UP high schools produce plenty of potential prospects. And the Theta Chis could provide a few bone crushers.

Suzanne could challenge all of the female alumni to donate towards the cause and make it a reality...
                                Last edited by Burnt Orange Husky; 07-11-2017, 11:21 PM.
                                "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                                Abe Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X