This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    A little of both, it's been a blast mining sources, but it's also been a huge drain trying to keep up with everything and get content out while managing the rest of my life.
    I don't have your connections though (which I know is a weak argument, but...)

OK, email me.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      A little of both, it's been a blast mining sources, but it's also been a huge drain trying to keep up with everything and get content out while managing the rest of my life.
      No you got it wrong. this is your life, everything else is just sleep.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

This is the last call for MTU authentic jersey orders. We will be ordering Cream and Gold jerseys on May 15, if you have previously contacted me but are being a deadbeat, time to get your act together or I'm ordering without you. If you've never contacted me, there is still time to get in. If you happen to be a student or very recent grad and want one, but money is tight, contact me and I'm sure we can work something out. You can email me through this site but don't wait if you want to get in on this...
        I sent you an email, thanks
        Last edited by Scrum Bucket; 05-06-2017, 08:52 PM.

Comment

This is the last call for MTU authentic jersey orders. We will be ordering Cream and Gold jerseys on May 15, if you have previously contacted me but are being a deadbeat, time to get your act together or I'm ordering without you. If you've never contacted me, there is still time to get in. If you happen to be a student or very recent grad and want one, but money is tight, contact me and I'm sure we can work something out. You can email me through this site but don't wait if you want to get in on this...
          What is the cost of them again? I forget....
          MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
          2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
            I sent you an email, thanks
            I have not received an email yet?

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
            What is the cost of them again? I forget....
            $145 to $210 depending on color and embellishment.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Anyone their top 5? Not in any order. Bill, Cam, Ron, Dane, Keith

This talk of in or out of the Tech family should not be considered in my opinion, and whether they will be poached to a "bigger" program is a worthwhile risk as they need to succeed to do so. Had 1-2 more that could have been included in the top 5 but had to cut it somewhere.

Anything new, heard or seen on campus? Search committee? Flights in and out? Freighters?

Comment

Are the non-conference foes understood for next year,
                Tweet says 36 games with 34 plus GLI on the schedule.

Ice breaker
                Union
                UMD or Minny

GLI
                Michigan State
                BG or Mich

Ice Vegas
                BC or ASU
                NMU or BC or ASU

Home
                ASU
                ASU

There was talk of Wisconsin for the hall of fame to start the season, will there be another non conf matchup?

Comment

Rolston and Muckalt, 1A and 1B. I like Rolston for the success he's had at the junior and college level(as an Assistant). I really like Muckalt if Tech could get Ellsworth to come in as an Assistant or Associate Head Coach and be ready to take over when Muckalt bolts for the pros in a couple of years. After that I'll play wait and see how it all plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                    Are the non-conference foes understood for next year,
                    Tweet says 36 games with 34 plus GLI on the schedule.

Ice breaker
                    Union
                    UMD or Minny

GLI
                    Michigan State
                    BG or Mich

Ice Vegas
                    BC or ASU
                    NMU or BC or ASU

Home
                    ASU
                    ASU

There was talk of Wisconsin for the hall of fame to start the season, will there be another non conf matchup?
                    Wisconsin had a press release on the Hall of Fame Game. Sounded like a done deal. Tech is saying still finalizing things..

Comment

• Originally posted by giwan View Post
                      Anyone their top 5? Not in any order. Bill, Cam, Ron, Dane, Keith

This talk of in or out of the Tech family should not be considered in my opinion, and whether they will be poached to a "bigger" program is a worthwhile risk as they need to succeed to do so. Had 1-2 more that could have been included in the top 5 but had to cut it somewhere.

Anything new, heard or seen on campus? Search committee? Flights in and out? Freighters?
                      I've heard that "stepping stone" concern expressed around the Northern hire. I can only hope that 4-5-6 years from now it is a major topic of discussion.
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                        Rolston and Muckalt, 1A and 1B. I like Rolston for the success he's had at the junior and college level(as an Assistant). I really like Muckalt if Tech could get Ellsworth to come in as an Assistant or Associate Head Coach and be ready to take over when Muckalt bolts for the pros in a couple of years. After that I'll play wait and see how it all plays out.
                        Muckalt with Ellsworth may be my dream team right now.
                        2005-2006: 7-25-6
                        2006-2007: 18-17-5
                        2007-2008: 14-20-5
                        2008-2009: 6-25-7
                        2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                          Muckalt with Ellsworth may be my dream team right now.
                          Is there anything to suggest Muckalt an Ellsworth would work together?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Question: What successful college hockey programs have promoted an existing assistant coach to head coach and continued their success?
                            "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                            Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
                              Question: What successful college hockey programs have promoted an existing assistant coach to head coach and continued their success?
                              Based on a study I was working using data for the last 20 years of college hockey. I compared the final three seasons of the predecessor with the first three seasons of the successor. Only six program who had a .500+ record promoted an assistant.
                              1. Minnesota State - Troy Jutting
                              2. Niagara - Dave Burkholder
                              3. Princeton - Len Quesnelle
                              4. Alaska-Fairbanks -Tavis MacMillan
                              5. North Dakota - Dave Hakstol
                              6. Union - Rick Bennett

Only Rick Bennett improved on his predecessor's record, improving +0.101. Len Quesnelle had a net change of -0.239 sinking the program below .500. Tavis MacMillan also dropped UAF below .500 in his first 3 years.
                              Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                              What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                                Is there anything to suggest Muckalt an Ellsworth would work together?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                                Not anything I know of, honestly it's 100% wishful thinking that has no basis, lol.
                                2005-2006: 7-25-6
                                2006-2007: 18-17-5
                                2007-2008: 14-20-5
                                2008-2009: 6-25-7
                                2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Working...
                                X