X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

Originally posted by pbr View Post
    No new names yet? Sources aren't coming through as of late. Multiple candidates have been in since late last week is the word on the street.
    We never said all those candidates had already been to Houghton. We know some of the 7 we have confirmed were/are visiting this week.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

There's more than 8. Come on guys....

Comment

Check your rep...
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
          If you've confirmed 7 of 8 and the committee is working on the results, I don't think you get words unless you have a source on the committee
          GFM
          Committee? What committee?

Comment

If you have a lead that you'd like to share, feel free to email me through the site or send me a rep with information. We've said it before but we keep all sources anonymous.

I have good sources saying 8 candidates at this stage, granted it is possible that there was miscommunication that its 8 "outsiders" and that Shawhan and Shuchuk don't count in that, but based on what I'm hearing, it would be difficult to fit in more than 8. I also don't understand the reason for such a large group when you consider the costs of getting them all to Houghton, putting them up for a night, etc. It seems excessive to not have whittled it down via phone interview. I've certainly heard other names related to phone interviews but I don't see any point in publishing those names at this point.

Comment

****! I thought you were profiling 7 of the 8 selection committee members.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Article in the Mining Gazette today. Nothing new except Suzanne made a few statements.

Search ongoing for Tech hockey head coach
                http://www.mininggazette.com/sports/...ey-head-coach/

Comment

Reading that story is a lot like listening to Adrian Cronauer read the news in Vietnam...
                  "In Houghton today, officially, nothing actually happened regarding the head coaching search..."
                  Ryan

Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 05-18-2017, 11:00 AM.
                  Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                  https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                  Originally posted by geezer
                  Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                  Originally posted by manurespreader
                  ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                    Reading that story is a lot like listening to Adrian Cronauer read the news in Vietnam...
                    "In Houghton today, officially, nothing actually happened regarding the head coaching search..."
                    Ryan

It's not even that good. Nothing about nothing. Figure another week? Not even word about a committee or number or time line or number of applicants etc

Comment

• Originally posted by giwan View Post
                      It's not even that good. Nothing about nothing. Figure another week? Not even word about a committee or number or time line or number of applicants etc
                      Until a decision is made, the less said, the better.
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                        Until a decision is made, the less said, the better.
                        So does that mean in your eyes, what we've (THG) said is a bad thing?

Comment

He clearly meant the less said by the Institution, the better.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            He clearly meant the less said by the Institution, the better.
                            I was careful in my question. I'm pretty confident he meant what you're saying but information is still information...I also assume he's talking about it being better for the institution and the candidates for this to be quiet, but does that mean that THG is doing a disservice to MTU? This is really the first time THG has gone through this in a serious manner. We basically launched after Pearson was hired so we haven't really gone through this before...nor did I expect to have so much information that is sourced versus just our speculation like the initial 16 candidate profiles and the first couple weeks of coverage...

Comment

IF... someone is unhappy that THG is discussing this process publicly then I would say blame the sources giving up the info, don't blame the reporter for asking the questions and then sharing what they are told (unless certain information was stated to be off the record). No one would know anything unless the candidates gave up the info voluntarily. If keeping this a secret was so critical, Tech wouldn't bring the potentials to Houghton. They could just as easily go meet them at some neutral site around the country. Houghton is too small of a town to keep things hidden, especially when people are out with their ears perked up and sniffing around for info.

Honestly, I feel that the public finding out who is interviewing isn't any different than spy photographers who capture shots of prototype vehicles and splash them all over the Internet. Don't tell me the manufacturers don't plan these events very carefully to "accidentally" leak shots of their upcoming vehicle to drive hype and sales down the road.

Ooops, we just happen to accidentally let it slip that GM will be testing at a certain race track next week that is open to the public. But no one should go down and watch what is happening... this is super top secret. I'm warning you don't go but if you do go, be sure not to tell anyone what you saw. Maybe soon the coaching prospects will be brought into town in swirly white and black trench coats so we can't as easily tell who they really are...

Don't hate the players, hate the game...

Ryan J

PS - That's not a Corvette prototype testing, it's the latest Dodge Town and Country driven by the Striped Stig bringing head coaching prospects into Houghton.

Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 05-18-2017, 02:17 PM.
                              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                              Originally posted by geezer
                              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                              Originally posted by manurespreader
                              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                I was careful in my question. I'm pretty confident he meant what you're saying but information is still information...I also assume he's talking about it being better for the institution and the candidates for this to be quiet, but does that mean that THG is doing a disservice to MTU? This is really the first time THG has gone through this in a serious manner. We basically launched after Pearson was hired so we haven't really gone through this before...nor did I expect to have so much information that is sourced versus just our speculation like the initial 16 candidate profiles and the first couple weeks of coverage...
                                You are doing absolutely fine. I remember there being more info about the previous hire than this is all. Nothing wrong either way. Personally knew more info about the NMU coaching search than this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X