X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Really hoping that will be improved with the supposed WCHA app for roku/apple/fire tv that the BSU release mentioned
    Hopefully it will be improved if it utilizes roku and apple tv. I will probably give it a try again this year either way.

In the past I don't think my account auto-renewed.

Comment

WCHA.tv has never auto-renewed in the past.
      Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

Agreed, it is your decision to renew the WCHATV, I am looking forward to this season. Bringing the D along and establishing a #1 goalie are the keys to the season.

Go Huskies!!!!!!!!
        Last edited by Huskiefan906; 07-30-2017, 05:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
          WCHA.tv has never auto-renewed in the past.
          Thanks for the info, last year was my first year using it.
          MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
          2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

I need to see proof that the feed is actually legitimately good, at most league arenas, before I give them money. They have no equity built up on this front given the past failures with video feeds. I am perfectly content listening to Dirk on the radio feed for free on the nights I am able to take in a game.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              I need to see proof that the feed is actually legitimately good, at most league arenas, before I give them money. They have no equity built up on this front given the past failures with video feeds. I am perfectly content listening to Dirk on the radio feed for free on the nights I am able to take in a game.
              It will be interesting to see what the product is like coming out of Bemidji with them not renewing their contract with Lakeland Public Television (and losing their OTA/cable/DirectTV/DISH broadcasts) and going to a student run product that will only be on cable in Bemidji city limits.....

Don't know if I will buy the WCHA.tv product to watch the Beavers or not. Like you, I am content listening to Schultzie on the Beaver Radio Network here.
              Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
              FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
              NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
              NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
              NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
              NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
              Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
              Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Nice little rant from Joe on the Joe Shawhan Hour about 2-for-1 deals.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                  Nice little rant from Joe on the Joe Shawhan Hour about 2-for-1 deals.
                  I learned more from this show than I did from all the mpshows combined. But I have one question for the group. Don't we have an exhibition game before we play Wisconsin? Seems like it would be important given how many new faces on defense.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    I learned more from this show than I did from all the mpshows combined. But I have one question for the group. Don't we have an exhibition game before we play Wisconsin? Seems like it would be important given how many new faces on defense.
                    We can't, first day of practice is the day before the game vs Wisconsin...
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

If WCHA.tv is moderately priced, it's worth getting. Yes, you end up with some terrible feeds (notably UAH and LSSU), but others are pretty junky, too), but you get some good ones, and most importantly, you do get to see road games that you can't see anywhere else unless you travel.

But ... yeah, it's pretty terrible with some programs. I really hope the guy for UAH has listened to some of his tape in the offseason.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Last Friday, the DMG took a look at our incoming goaltender.

The way he describes his game, I'd say Shawhan is going to have to work with him on not being too aggressive. Remember the times late last year that Redmond tried to handle the puck behind the net, and got caught?

Comment

Looks like the show is already posted, but a few of my takeaways from this morning.

Thanks to whoever asked the 2x1 scheduling question! Got Joe fired up, sounds like Mel was saying he has to do a 2x1 when they talked recently. Told the Big Ten with 14 non-conf games to do some traveling. He wants 1x1 and a tough non conference.

Reitmeir - had a brush with major juniors somehow, they were expecting he might not be eligible for a bit, but is cleared to play, but raw with size
                          Kiilunen - Joe is high on him, could've played some years of juniors and gotten some offers, but wanted to get into college. May have a role considering he was at practice last year, 4 years of eligibility left.
                          Ford - 2 years eligibility left, will try for approval of a third

They're close on the third goalie, and have a backup plan if it doesn't work, but think it's best to be patient and get the best guy they can for Tech

No idea on Madison game time. GLI likely 1st and 2nd, but wait for official word.

Quite time now, get ready for all guys back on August 24.

Comment

Here's the link to the show.

http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/m...e_Shawhan_Hour
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I always knew Mel's line that we had to do 2-for-1s was BS. He only had that attitude because he spent all those years at Michigan, genuflecting to Red and soaking up his attitude. And now that he's in charge back at Michigan, he's trying to pull the same BS . Glad to hear Joe fired up about pushing back on it.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                I always knew Mel's line that we had to do 2-for-1s was BS. He only had that attitude because he spent all those years at Michigan, genuflecting to Red and soaking up his attitude. And now that he's in charge back at Michigan, he's trying to pull the same BS . Glad to hear Joe fired up about pushing back on it.
                                Joe made major points with that one. The more I hear about how much of a ******* Mel is, and how terrible he was as recruiting a decent number of players, the more I feel like we actually have upgraded with Joe Shawhan. Nice to have a coach that understands that you shouldn't have 15 d-men signed to come in over 2 years.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X