This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

Rolston is doing his due diligence. The job is his if he wants it. 300k starting point

Comment

Hanna signed for next season with Texas Stars (AHL).
      http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/s...20170510jgq5a2
      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

We can confirm that former NHL and USNTDP HC Ron Rolston will have an in-person interview for the head coaching position at Michigan Tech. Profile: http://techhockeyguide.com/news/2017...ch-ron-rolston
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          We can confirm that former NHL and USNTDP HC Ron Rolston will have an in-person interview for the head coaching position at Michigan Tech. Profile: http://techhockeyguide.com/news/2017...ch-ron-rolston
          Great work by THG. Always an informed enjoyable read. There are few that compare in all of college hockey. Thanks for what you do!
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I don't know why, but the one person I most want involved with the team whether as HC or an assistant is Cam Ellsworth, just seems like the kind of guy you want around your program and I have tons of respect for him and what he went through at Tech as a player.
            2005-2006: 7-25-6
            2006-2007: 18-17-5
            2007-2008: 14-20-5
            2008-2009: 6-25-7
            2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
              I don't know why, but the one person I most want involved with the team whether as HC or an assistant is Cam Ellsworth, just seems like the kind of guy you want around your program and I have tons of respect for him and what he went through at Tech as a player.
              I think many of us can agree with that. Depending on what happens, I would have to think he'd be a front runner next time if he doesn't get this job. I also think depending on who gets hired that there is a decent chance that he's on the staff.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                Great work by THG. Always an informed enjoyable read. There are few that compare in all of college hockey. Thanks for what you do!
                Thanks for the kind words Dave!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Hmmm...interviewees in no particular order:

1 Ron Rolston
                  2 Bill Muckalt
                  3 Gary Shuchuk
                  4 Joe Shawhan
                  5 Pat Mikesch
                  6 Jason Herter

Any ideas or confirmations on the other two.

Comment

I'll concur that Herter is not quite what we were all hoping would be the "OMG, he's the one!" candidate. However, I like seeing outside candidates that aren't quite so tied to other programs (The F'in Hawks notwithstanding)

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      I'll concur that Herter is not quite what we were all hoping would be the "OMG, he's the one!" candidate. However, I like seeing outside candidates that aren't quite so tied to other programs (The F'in Hawks notwithstanding)
                      True, it almost feels like NMU got more applicants than we did, I think Potulny outshines everyone but Rolston and Muckalt on that list.

Comment

True, it almost feels like NMU got more applicants than we did, I think Potulny outshines everyone but Rolston and Muckalt on that list.
                        I'm sure there's far more applicants. The eight slots are those who get interviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                        What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                          Hanna signed for next season with Texas Stars (AHL).
                          http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/s...20170510jgq5a2
                          Way to go Shane, I see him as a great role D in the NHL. I wish the Wings would have grabbed him. Surprised Edmonton did nothing with him after having him in their camp.

Comment

you might be underwhelmed but I think all of them are at least close or past Potulny as a coach. Potulny might be a bigger name but his resume isn't any stronger than any of them. Potulny had never been a HC. Not to mention it makes sense that 5+ of them would have ties to MTU that help them get this far...

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              I think many of us can agree with that. Depending on what happens, I would have to think he'd be a front runner next time if he doesn't get this job. I also think depending on who gets hired that there is a decent chance that he's on the staff.
                              To be very honest I really like our present assistants. I know there is a lot that others might bring to the table, but I like our guys.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                you might be underwhelmed but I think all of them are at least close or past Potulny as a coach. Potulny might be a bigger name but his resume isn't any stronger than any of them. Potulny had never been a HC. Not to mention it makes sense that 5+ of them would have ties to MTU that help them get this far...
                                True, none of them are bad candidates, but not big names other than Rolston and Muckalt at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X