Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

MTU NMU LSSU

Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

Quote Originally Posted by bose301s View Post
    True, none of them are bad candidates, but not big names other than Rolston and Muckalt at this point.
    I don't know if I'd consider Muckalt a "big name." He's definitely a rising star, but he's still very much a Mel protégée. To me, Rolston is the only top tier candidate that's interviewing. Many of the others are excellent, but most probably also applied for the NMU position and were beaten out by Potulny. If you've watched the Potulny interviews, you see many of the intangibles that probably won him the job. He is a sophisticated and charismatic communicator and a tremendous salesman who can generate enthusiasm. After listening to him, I really believed that NMU could be dominant again....and that's saying something. Although Rolston seems to me like the defacto choice, you never know who might really wow the committee with those intangible attributes.

I love (goal) lamp

The main name I would wish to add to the list at this point would be Payne, but he's in greener pastures already.
    2005-2006: 7-25-6
    2006-2007: 18-17-5
    2007-2008: 14-20-5
    2008-2009: 6-25-7
    2009-2010: 5-30-1

Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bose301s View Post
    The main name I would wish to add to the list at this point would be Payne, but he's in greener pastures already.
    I have tried to find out if he is one of the remaining and have been unable to confirm or deny.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits...Posted by Yager on 12/18/09: Remember, remember, the 18th of October (2003).

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    I have tried to find out if he is one of the remaining and have been unable to confirm or deny.
    Any confirmation or denial on Cam Ellsworth?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mighty Techster

Tech Hockey Guide is clogging up twitter with ICYMI's. Take it easy, gentlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by redwing61 View Post
    Tech Hockey Guide is clogging up twitter with ICYMI's. Take it easy, gentlemen.
    once an hour is too much? or is it that its not mixed with any new content today?
    Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 05-11-2017 at 10:19 AM.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits...Posted by Yager on 12/18/09: Remember, remember, the 18th of October (2003).

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Mighty Techster

Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    once an hour is too much? or is it that its not mixed with any new content today?
    I'm sure all of your followers know by now that you're on the case.

Maybe the younger folks here won't understand the comparison, but you know how a great album can be made worse by the inclusion of filler songs? Well, a twitter account can be made less interesting when a portion of its tweets are not useful. I used to follow a certain long(er)-form news site because I thought it would be a good way to keep up with their latest articles. But it turns out they did what you are doing: tweet ICYMI's for each article every day for a week. That made most of their tweets noise to me, and I stopped following them. Now I only check their site once in a while when I think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by redwing61 View Post
    I'm sure all of your followers know by now that you're on the case.

Maybe the younger folks here won't understand the comparison, but you know how a great album can be made worse by the inclusion of filler songs? Well, a twitter account can be made less interesting when a portion of its tweets are not useful. I used to follow a certain long(er)-form news site because I thought it would be a good way to keep up with their latest articles. But it turns out they did what you are doing: tweet ICYMI's for each article every day for a week. That made most of their tweets noise to me, and I stopped following them. Now I only check their site once in a while when I think of it.
    interesting, we'll back off some, but this is one of the first times we've really made an effort of ICYMI and we probably did go a little overboard. I know i miss things on the first time through on twitter some times with sites I like and catch one of the ICYMI. I'd like to get better with a schedule where 8am article on tuesday gets an ICYMI at 12pm the following day and 4pm the day after, maybe 8pm on the next day or something and then dropped.

I think the BGSUhockey.com guys have the right frequency of ICYMI —*morning, lunchtime, and evening — and often just two of the three.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Tech Hockey Guide posted that Cam Ellsworth is getting an in-person. Is that 7 of 8 confirmed or all 8?

Quote Originally Posted by mtu_huskies View Post
    Tech Hockey Guide posted that Cam Ellsworth is getting an in-person. Is that 7 of 8 confirmed or all 8?
    We're at 7 now...guessing 8 is an outsider, might not have been profiled...still trying to figure that out.

I like this. I don't know if Ellsworth is the right guy right now, but I'm happy he's got the in-person.

So we now have a list of 7 out of a reported 8 of the in-person interviews. Do you think they will pick from the 8, or pare it down to another round of "finalists"?

I just hope they do their homework and get it right. As anxious as I am to hear who they pick, I'd rather have to wait a couple weeks and get the best guy.

I love (goal) lamp

Woohoo! So glad to hear this, I honestly would not be disappointed if he was the choice, in fact I would be very happy with it.
    2005-2006: 7-25-6
    2006-2007: 18-17-5
    2007-2008: 14-20-5
    2008-2009: 6-25-7
    2009-2010: 5-30-1

Quote Originally Posted by MTUHuskies View Post
    I like this. I don't know if Ellsworth is the right guy right now, but I'm happy he's got the in-person.

So we now have a list of 7 out of a reported 8 of the in-person interviews. Do you think they will pick from the 8, or pare it down to another round of "finalists"?

I just hope they do their homework and get it right. As anxious as I am to hear who they pick, I'd rather have to wait a couple weeks and get the best guy.
    Agreed on Ellsworth. It's been said that he felt Mel glossed over his application to be an assistant a few years ago, and that he wasn't too happy about it.

My guess is they do a cut to 2-3 finalists, and then do follow-up interviews.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Agreed on Ellsworth. It's been said that he felt Mel glossed over his application to be an assistant a few years ago, and that he wasn't too happy about it.

My guess is they do a cut to 2-3 finalists, and then do follow-up interviews.
    Mel who?

Shadetree Quantum Mechanic
    Quote Originally Posted by pbr View Post
    Mel who?
    Mel? Always thought it was Marv...?

Knowing what I know (which isn't much ), and based on the below list of 7 out of 8 confirmed interviewees:

-Rolston
    -Shawhan
    -Muckalt
    -Herter
    -Mikesch
    -Ellsworth
    -Shuchuk

My gut feeling says the job is Rolston's if he wants it and they can come to terms, so I finally voted in Shirtless' poll.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Knowing what I know (which isn't much ), and based on the below list of 7 out of 8 confirmed interviewees:

-Rolston
    -Shawhan
    -Muckalt
    -Herter
    -Mikesch
    -Ellsworth
    -Shuchuk

My gut feeling says the job is Rolston's if he wants it and they can come to terms, so I finally voted in Shirtless' poll.
    I still can't work the link to Shirtless' poll.

Quote Originally Posted by MTUHuskies View Post
    I still can't work the link to Shirtless' poll.

Hearing that there's more than 8. Someone familiar to Tech and another who's coached in a number of places.

Coach Emeritus
    Enjoying the arrival of the Broadmoor Trophy in 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by pbr View Post
    Hearing that there's more than 8. Someone familiar to Tech and another who's coached in a number of places.
    My source is very well connected to the decision makers, and he says 8 is the number. I think that if the preferred candidate accepts, it ends there. Otherwise, the best guess is that there will be another round.

Thread Information