Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

I love (goal) lamp

Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

Quote Originally Posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
    I spoke with people with ties to the program under Jamie.
    They said he really wasn't a player's coach.
    That changed when Mel took over. He had more of an open door policy. Hopefully the administration takes that into account with the new coaching search. The lines of communication must be kept open with the players.
    That actually surprises me, the way he was with fans and everything he seemed very personable and to me seemed like he would have been a players coach, but that just goes to show how much I know, lol.
    2005-2006: 7-25-6
    2006-2007: 18-17-5
    2007-2008: 14-20-5
    2008-2009: 6-25-7
    2009-2010: 5-30-1

Not Deplorable FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bose301s View Post
    That actually surprises me, the way he was with fans and everything he seemed very personable and to me seemed like he would have been a players coach, but that just goes to show how much I know, lol.
    There's a lot of stuff that goes on behind the scenes of a program that the fans never know about. Don't forget, the AD hears things directly from the players and their parents as well, especially when things are going poorly.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

Any news out of Houghton, who has applied, who has not, who has interviewed, with the paint store down, not enough info to satisfy the fans.

Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
    Any news out of Houghton, who has applied, who has not, who has interviewed, with the paint store down, not enough info to satisfy the fans.
    As we tweeted out, we know Muckalt made the trek to Houghton...it's assumed he interviewed and it is also known that Shuchuk interviewed. I know one other person that interviewed but I'm trying to get a 2nd source before publishing. I also know how many interviews are suppose to happen in this round but again, only one source thus far...

Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    As we tweeted out, we know Muckalt made the trek to Houghton...it's assumed he interviewed and it is also known that Shuchuk interviewed. I know one other person that interviewed but I'm trying to get a 2nd source before publishing. I also know how many interviews are suppose to happen in this round but again, only one source thus far...
    Sorry, been reading the guide, but not the guide's Twitter page. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
    Sorry, been reading the guide, but not the guide's Twitter page. Thanks!
    No worries, we plan on discussing that Monday and are hoping for more news by then...

Re: Barr

Agree with THG, it's highly suspect that he's been in the running for at least 3 head coaching gigs in the last 2 years, and failed to land any of them, especially the opening at his alma mater where he was considered the "slam dunk" candidate by a lot of fans and program alumni. As a prospective head coach, your resume/pedigree is well known by the time they bring you in for an interview. What you really have to do is lay out your "5-Year Plan", and convince the committee as to how your experience will help achieve it. Barr may very well be an excellent recruiter, but what is his pitch for developing those recruits into a championship team? If you can't connect those dots, then you're just another Watters or Russell, IMHO.

Re: Larson

I wasn't very big on him at first, but the THG article makes the case pretty well. He has the requisite recruiting network, and I like the idea of further expanding our recruiting in Minnesota. I also don't think Sandy's retirement will be an issue for several years. However, Larson's stint as a USHL head was not exactly brag-worthy, and tOSU was mediocre while he was an assistant there. I also question his ability to recruit in Michigan, which has churned out some very nice talent for us during Mel's tenure.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

This is the last call for MTU authentic jersey orders. We will be ordering Cream and Gold jerseys on May 15, if you have previously contacted me but are being a deadbeat, time to get your act together or I'm ordering without you. If you've never contacted me, there is still time to get in. If you happen to be a student or very recent grad and want one, but money is tight, contact me and I'm sure we can work something out. You can email me through this site but don't wait if you want to get in on this...
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits...Posted by Yager on 12/18/09: Remember, remember, the 18th of October (2003).

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

So Shawhan has also interviewed, per THG.

Lucia Apologist

This is the last call for MTU authentic jersey orders. We will be ordering Cream and Gold jerseys on May 15, if you have previously contacted me but are being a deadbeat, time to get your act together or I'm ordering without you. If you've never contacted me, there is still time to get in. If you happen to be a student or very recent grad and want one, but money is tight, contact me and I'm sure we can work something out. You can email me through this site but don't wait if you want to get in on this...
    I have a cream and a gold. Can vouch for the quality. These are incredible jerseys.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    So Shawhan has also interviewed, per THG.
    This is so much fun...

This is so much fun...
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic here?

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic here?
    A little of both, it's been a blast mining sources, but it's also been a huge drain trying to keep up with everything and get content out while managing the rest of my life.

A little of both, it's been a blast mining sources, but it's also been a huge drain trying to keep up with everything and get content out while managing the rest of my life.
    I don't have your connections though (which I know is a weak argument, but...)

OK, email me.

Still upright

No you got it wrong. this is your life, everything else is just sleep.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

I sent you an email, thanks
    Last edited by Scrum Bucket; 05-06-2017 at 08:52 PM.

What is the cost of them again? I forget....

Quote Originally Posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
    I sent you an email, thanks
    I have not received an email yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
    What is the cost of them again? I forget....
    $145 to $210 depending on color and embellishment.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits...Posted by Yager on 12/18/09: Remember, remember, the 18th of October (2003).

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Really??!!

Anyone their top 5? Not in any order. Bill, Cam, Ron, Dane, Keith

This talk of in or out of the Tech family should not be considered in my opinion, and whether they will be poached to a "bigger" program is a worthwhile risk as they need to succeed to do so. Had 1-2 more that could have been included in the top 5 but had to cut it somewhere.

Anything new, heard or seen on campus? Search committee? Flights in and out? Freighters?

Are the non-conference foes understood for next year,
    Tweet says 36 games with 34 plus GLI on the schedule.

Ice breaker
    Union
    UMD or Minny

GLI
    Michigan State
    BG or Mich

Ice Vegas
    BC or ASU
    NMU or BC or ASU

Home
    ASU
    ASU

There was talk of Wisconsin for the hall of fame to start the season, will there be another non conf matchup?

Thread Information