This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

I asked Dirk via email if he thought the last MP show would be the "last" one. He responded "Had a very good idea it might be the last."

Not much insight, but that was nice he answered. He seemed to sense it coming. Daver has a column in today's DMG, worth a read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tech_EE View Post
      I asked Dirk via email if he thought the last MP show would be the "last" one. He responded "Had a very good idea it might be the last."
      I wonder when Mel knew that Red would be retiring. I found it very curious that in this calendar year we've kept adding recruits for next season even though we had enough, and that no press release on NLI signees was ever put out (though Mel promised one on more than one occasion on his show).

Comment

Tech to play in Ice Vegas Invitational January 5-6, other teams are BC, ASU and NMU.

http://michigantechhuskies.com/sport...20170501r0gpqr
        2005-2006: 7-25-6
        2006-2007: 18-17-5
        2007-2008: 14-20-5
        2008-2009: 6-25-7
        2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
          I wonder when Mel knew that Red would be retiring. I found it very curious that in this calendar year we've kept adding recruits for next season even though we had enough, and that no press release on NLI signees was ever put out (though Mel promised one on more than one occasion on his show).
          plenty of players did sign NLIs in the fall window and here in the spring. Not sure why they never released anything. I wouldn't read anything into that, although I understand why you are. From what I gather, red did not make his decision until very recently but Manuel may have made his much earlier that he would push hard for Red to choose now as the time to retire.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I certainly hope MTU gets BC on day 1
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              And win.
              2005-2006: 7-25-6
              2006-2007: 18-17-5
              2007-2008: 14-20-5
              2008-2009: 6-25-7
              2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

• Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                And win.
                I believe Arizona State has both Tech and BC on the schedule this year. So my guess, like yours, would be NMU/ASU & Tech/BC, hopefully with an all UP Final!
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Start working on your wife now. No kids allowed.
                  I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
                    Start working on your wife now. No kids allowed.
                    I hate vegas.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

It's been only one week since the University of Michigan formally introduced Mel Pearson as their new head coach. The search for his replacement began immediately. Today we review all the candidates we've profiled that so far, discuss how the process went last time in 2011 and bring up some of the rumors and other news items related to the most likely candidates to be the next Head Coach of Michigan Tech. Read the rest on THG.

Comment

It's only 2 nights, and there is hockey involved. It's the weekend after the New Year, which means a decent hotel will be relatively affordable (and kitschy old crashpads like Excalibur and Luxor will be at Super 8-level pricing), while crowds on the Strip should be minimal.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          It's only 2 nights, and there is hockey involved. It's the weekend after the New Year, which means a decent hotel will be relatively affordable (and kitschy old crashpads like Excalibur and Luxor will be at Super 8-level pricing), while crowds on the Strip should be minimal.
                          Oh I want to go, but I'm not sure family considerations will allow it.

Comment

Oh I want to go, but I'm not sure family considerations will allow it.
                            Didn't specifically mean you, just thinking in general.

Comment

Originally posted by buffer side View Post
                              My sources tell me: Ron Rolston is the frontrunner. Job is his if he wants it.
                              Hmmm...buffer side...you joined the Forum on 4-10-11 and have only posted twice in six years?!? Based on your first post, I'm guessing you're either Glenn or Suzanne...or Ron...
                              Last edited by Burnt Orange Husky; 05-01-2017, 10:54 PM.
                              "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                              Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Tech_EE View Post

Not much insight, but that was nice he answered. He seemed to sense it coming. Daver has a column in today's DMG, worth a read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                what column are you talking about?

Comment

Working...
                                X