X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Off-season Revised - Onward and Upward

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
    Do we have another Matt Roy, Shane Hanna, Reid Sturos,and Angus Redmond heading in this year?
    It sounds like Beydoun has the potential to be another Redmond.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      what column are you talking about?
      "Thoughts from the penalty box" in the mining gazette. It was actually posted last Thursday, not Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        It sounds like Beydoun has the potential to be another Redmond.
        Well based on Mel's words as good or better. We will see.

Search committee or is it hush hush?

Comment

Two more profiles today of college assistants with no direct connection with MTU:
          Dane Jackson, The Champion &
          Keith Fisher, The Disciple

As I've stated before, we'll do our best to keep our list of candidates up to date including links to the profiles we have done on "Where to Begin"

One last thing, a good page to check daily is our "Coaching Search" Category summary at THG. If we post anything new related to search, it will show up at the top of the list there...
          Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 05-03-2017, 01:39 PM.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            Two more profiles today of college assistants with no direct connection with MTU:
            Dane Jackson, The Champion &
            Keith Fisher, The Disciple

As I've stated before, we'll do our best to keep our list of candidates up to date including links to the profiles we have done on "Where to Begin"

One last thing, a good page to check daily is our "Coaching Search" Category summary at THG. If we post anything new related to search, it will show up at the top of the list there...
            Enjoy the write-up, thanks.

Are they based in any particular order?

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
              Enjoy the write-up, thanks.

Are they based in any particular order?
              A lot of the order is availability of photographs and writers. Most of the first week was front runners with connections except for Appert...he and Fisher are probably the biggest outliers as far as likelihood of interest from either side. Who really knows though? I think ultimately we have about 3 weeks worth of profiles that make reasonable sense to write...how they get ordered is more about availability of writers, access to pictures, and our level of interest falls a bit last now.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

According to this article from the Madison State Journal: http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/c...92cc94f8d.html

Tech is playing the Hall of a Fame game on October 1st at Wisconsin. So according to my stats Tech has FIVE games that are exempt to their total because of the HOF Game, Icebreaker and Alaska trip. Is that correct?

They're also playing in GLI and the Las Vegas tournament plus probably playing ASU in February...what a quirky schedule.
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                  According to this article from the Madison State Journal: http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/c...92cc94f8d.html

Tech is playing the Hall of a Fame game on October 1st at Wisconsin. So according to my stats Tech has FIVE games that are exempt to their total because of the HOF Game, Icebreaker and Alaska trip. Is that correct?

They're also playing in GLI and the Las Vegas tournament plus probably playing ASU in February...what a quirky schedule.
                  41 game schedule here we come.

Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                  What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                    41 game schedule here we come.

1980's throwback season! 40 plus games!
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post

7 exempt games, 4 at Alaska schools, icebreaker and HOF game

Comment

What makes a game exempt?
                        2005-2006: 7-25-6
                        2006-2007: 18-17-5
                        2007-2008: 14-20-5
                        2008-2009: 6-25-7
                        2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                          What makes a game exempt?
                          NCAA rules, there is an Alaska exemption, one for the icebreaker tournament and one for the hall of fame game.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            NCAA rules, there is an Alaska exemption, one for the icebreaker tournament and one for the hall of fame game.
                            I guess my question should have included why do they have these exceptions? I will be the first to admit I do not know any of this stuff.
                            2005-2006: 7-25-6
                            2006-2007: 18-17-5
                            2007-2008: 14-20-5
                            2008-2009: 6-25-7
                            2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                              I guess my question should have included why do they have these exceptions? I will be the first to admit I do not know any of this stuff.
                              I think in the case of alaska exemptions it's to encourage teams to travel up there by giving them a potential additional home game. If course that's a moot point for most teams getting the exemption because as conference opponents they have to go up there anyways, and have a hard time finding non conference home games. Maybe it's more about just incentivizing a league to take the alaska teams.

Comment

Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
                                I think in the case of alaska exemptions it's to encourage teams to travel up there by giving them a potential additional home game. If course that's a moot point for most teams getting the exemption because as conference opponents they have to go up there anyways, and have a hard time finding non conference home games. Maybe it's more about just incentivizing a league to take the alaska teams.
                                It also makes it easier to accept the Alaska schools as conference mates.
                                There used to be more exceptions but not it's just those three (there is also an exemption for games played in Hawaii against Hawaii schools. Alaska and Hawaii have exemptions in all sports, I believe. The icebreaker is exempt because the gate money goes to the US Hockey Hall of Fame.

I believe the Icebreaker has a similar mandate for $ that the HOF has, just not sure where it goes.

Comment

Working...
                                X